UFC 231 Holloway vs Ortega

And what percentage of those 27 pages are people speculating at the state of Max's health? Legitimately 60+ percent?

Sorry, I've seen plenty of threads full of good information that can help your own game out on here before, this definitely hasn't been one of those threads.

I know the subscription fee to this thread is pricey but, yeah, we'll try to be better.

Ballsy as fuck for that patriots bet lol. I’m done betting spreads in football. Good luck man

2aeqiz8.png

$1057 on the line. Fucking pissed off last night playing poker, was a 90% favorite in a $4600 pot and lost. Said fuck it. Betting the rest of my bal on these fights. And added the patriots giving 8 points.

Let me win gamble gods. Please sherdog pray for me.

Oh yeah I forgot, Frankie Edgar is a total can so obviously Ortega’s stand-up is no good & he got lucky with a clean elbow & uppercut on a guy who’s never been finished. You’re clueless.
Lol @ calling @Gugabe clueless. His results are public. Where are yours, fella?

I got blocked by a user for debating Ortega Moicano, @Gugabe is getting called clueless on nearly every page

Betting / making an argument against Ortega is like a cardinal sin in this thread lol

my assessment on Bochiniak and Dawodu

Bochiniak
+massive improvement (Zabit fight was promising)
+good defense
+durable
+good gas tank
+always pressure
-short range
-mediocre grappling

Dawodu
+excellent striker
+great foot work
+good gas tank
+counter
-no KO power
-not very durable

my prediction
Bochiniak wins by KO or submission rd3.

You guys going full blown on Max vs. Ortega already. I agree it's a difficult fight to predict but we haven't even made it to the weigh-ins yet.

There is a reason Moicano is an alternate. I will wait to make my bet but if the fight happens it screams pass to me. But I will bet anyway haha!

how confident are you in this bet polar?
Chookagian 70% win? and if so by what method?

Reasonably confident. Jessica Eye's stand-up is severly flawed, from her improved but still lousy stance to the way she holds her chin up in the air when punching to the hitch in her right hand to the way her form degrades when she throws multiple punches, etc. She is also easy to hit and slow to react, and Chookagian should be able to point-fight to her heart's content while (literally) running circles around her.

Eye's one path to victory that gives me pause is her wrestling. She actually showed some decent wrestling fundamentals with her shot against Faria, although it should be noted that Faria is a horrendous grappler. Chookagian's takedown defense is not good, and she used a crappy closed full guard and triangle guard (even Rogan called out how stupid the latter was) in earlier fights.

Still, Chookagian's takedown defense isn't downright terrible, she has improved her grappling over time, and Eye hasn't shown nearly enough, beyond one or two takedowns against one of the worst grapplers among all women in the UFC, to make me think it's a serious, viable weapon for her.

The chances that Chookagian wins by decision are certainly much higher than the implied odds of 55.6% in -125. I would argue it's at least 65%, although probably less than 80%.

Holloway/Ortega now already at pickem odds in some books. I hope y'all managed to get your Ortega bets in. It probably won't be long till he becomes the betting favorite. I put $650 on Ortega.

Still can't believe the Ortega hype.

He hasn't landed a single legitimate takedown in his whole UFC career and Holloways TDD is great.
He clearly has a massive disadvantage on the feet and his power is nothing worrying at all after what Max took vs Aldo.
So what are people expecting? Max's sub defence is far better than Cubs so you think Ortega will get a pretty obvious snap down and choke on Max when he's several inches taller than Ortega? Not to mention Ortega BJJ, as his lack of competition success and earlier UFC fights show just isn't that special.

Seems like if Max comes out normal then he should be -300 at least. In that case Ortega backers are betting on Max being terrible based on some still unknown factor that is nowhere near as prominent if at all as it was back in July.

Still can't believe the Ortega hype.

He hasn't landed a single legitimate takedown in his whole UFC career and Holloways TDD is great.
He clearly has a massive disadvantage on the feet and his power is nothing worrying at all after what Max took vs Aldo.
Bigfoot Silva never had to worry about strikes in his career after the shots he withstood from Hunt in their fight that went to a draw

I do think that a 100% Max should be more like -200 rather than -100 though

Bigfoot Silva never had to worry about strikes in his career after the shots he withstood from Hunt in their fight that went to a draw

I do think that a 100% Max should be more like -200 rather than -100 though
100% Max is miles ahead in Kickboxing, don't think anybody can argue with that, and has some of the best conditioning in the sport. Ortega doesn't check legkicks or defend bodyshots well. Seems like a pretty simple recipe if Ortega can't find the killshot or flying, spinning triangle.

100% Max is miles ahead in Kickboxing, don't think anybody can argue with that, and has some of the best conditioning in the sport. Ortega doesn't check legkicks or defend bodyshots well. Seems like a pretty simple recipe if Ortega can't find the killshot or flying, spinning triangle.
Ortega got that old gangster dude teaching him how to box though

Still trying to convince myself to bet Eryk Anders

Lol @ calling @Gugabe clueless. His results are public. Where are yours, fella?
Anyone who talks about Frankie Edgar like he’s a journeyman is clueless. Ive been following mma for over 15 years, I just placed my first bet for Khabib beating Mcgregor, & have gone on to triple my money since then (hit big with Anthony Smith, Yair, Ngannou, Overeem, & a few parlays that worked out for me, & of course lost a few too). I’m big on Ortega this fight, most confident I’ve been since Khabib destroying Conor. Holloway doesn’t look right, mark these words, I’ll come back & rub it in your face after Saturday.

Ortega was getting outstruck soundly before he landed the elbow on Frankie.People only remember the KO so you guys will be surprised when Max dominates Ortega on the feet.

Back