UFC 231 Holloway vs Ortega

And what percentage of those 27 pages are people speculating at the state of Max's health? Legitimately 60+ percent?
So it wasn't just me tired of the main event back and forth?...
<TheWire1>
When Robin Black could create a following, the bar for a insightful MMA analyst show is fairly low.
Don't get me started on that guy! Wow, what a strange person. Since he got fired from FN he became even more crazy. The thing is crazy people like him has so much following, but Zane and Phil M. have next to nothing. Maybe because their platform always fucks with them, and they don't give 'em any budget.

I don't have what to add to the conversation because after I placed my bets I stopped watching tape and pretty much my work on the event is done. + I have to go to work and have other things to do. Bummer.

Ortega was getting outstruck soundly before he landed the elbow on Frankie.People only remember the KO so you guys will be surprised when Max dominates Ortega on the feet.
There’s a difference between outlanding someone & finishing them. You’ll be surprised on Saturday when Ortega holds his own in the stand-up, mark these words, I’ll be back so you can eat crow after Saturday.

There’s a difference between outlanding someone & finishing them. You’ll be surprised on Saturday when Ortega holds his own in the stand-up, mark these words, I’ll be back so you can eat crow after Saturday.
LOL let's wait and see then.Ortega is getting dominated come saturday.

Ortega was getting outstruck soundly before he landed the elbow on Frankie.People only remember the KO so you guys will be surprised when Max dominates Ortega on the feet.
I don't, I've seen the fight over 5 times and don't agree at all with that he was getting soundly outstruck. Frankie landed a couple more strikes than him but Ortega was slipping and deflecting a lot of them on the gloves, his defense looked a lot better than it did in the Moicano/Swanson fights. Ortega is also a slow starter and takes a while for him to get his groove going, the fight only lasted 4 minutes and he was able to find his opening, which was a complete fluke according to the Ortega haters

I don't, I've seen the fight over 5 times and don't agree at all with that he was getting soundly outstruck
I do see.Maybe we have different definitions about getting outstruck but IIRC the striking stat was 23 to 7 or 8.Ortega was getting tagged a lot before he landed the elbow.

I do see.Maybe we have different definitions about getting outstruck but IIRC the striking stat was 23 to 7 or 8.Ortega was getting tagged a lot before he landed the elbow.
Hmm okay, didn't know it was that wide before but is it correct? Fightmetric say Ortega landed 25 strikes and I can only count 9 after the elbow

Hmm okay, didn't know it was that wide before but is it correct? Fightmetric say Ortega landed 25 strikes and I can only count 9 after the elbow
He landed most of those after he hurt Edgar i believe

Happy to have the fight, just want to step in the Octagon, I need to fight, that's all I wanted to do the last 3 years

She has such great conditioning, she's not undersized for 125, and she a good reach for 125, her energy is so much better, before she was starving herself, high pace, volume and mix it up, hard fight scrap and wins a decision

I'll try to add the other side here:
Ortega fights a lot like boxers do. Meaning that he fucking does nothing for the first half of the fight on purpose.

In boxing they have a lot of rounds to study each other and even the average boxer is not showing you his hands until the middle rounds. I don't know if you sparred with seasoned boxer or even the average Jo who had been at the boxing gym for years, but as a kickboxer enthusiast myself it was kinda shoking the first couple of times. So we agree to only box with the guy - You know I do my game pushing forward getting into the fight right away. He stays there looking, absorb many of the shots on his guard, slipping the occasional power shot, moving away from some of them. But he is mainly blocking them or checking with the inside if his glove. We agree to spar for how many rounds we can endure, no limits, 80-90% power. First round went well for me. Second round - disaster. Fucking guy learned my timing for 3 minutes, learned my tendencies, how I react, how I block etc etc. He had my number for the rest of the sparring session. I gave up after 6 rounds (3 min rounds). He hit me in my body so many times I did not have anything left... I learned a bit of his moves towards the end and started to counter them but was so winded that it was too little too late.

In MMA it is so rare to se somebody giving up rounds, there are just 3 rounds, you can't do it like if there were 12, too thin margin for error. So we are conditioned to judge somebody that loses rounds regularly that he don't know what to do, we don't think maybe this is his plan all along?
Just offer an opinion.

I enjoyed Barry's posts a lot more than I enjoy Kyle's verbal diarrhea :( I'd take a good troll over a very low quality poster any day.

He got on the elevator and he was all friendly, I like going to different camps, I like to be coached, cardio is great, I think he'll rely alot of that, this is one of the better camps I've had, my gym has alot of up and comers, I'm just further ahead of them, he has the UFC experience, in Canada, I can't let it be a close fight, I can't let it be the Machida fight again, no added pressure

He got on the elevator and he was all friendly, I like going to different camps, I like to be coached, cardio is great, I think he'll rely alot of that, this is one of the better camps I've had, my gym has alot of up and comers, I'm just further ahead of them, he has the UFC experience, in Canada, I can't let it be a close fight, I can't let it be the Machida fight again, no added pressure

I want to believe

I want to believe
He came forward more against Santos, but it was kind of a... desperate pressure, I felt like. He got tired since he forced a bunch of ugly shots, which I don't think is necessarily even going to win him the fight against Elias.

How many improvements can he realistically have made in 10 weeks? He was suspended for 45 days no contact after Santos by the commission (Which probably wasn't followed as soon as he got a second opinion) https://www.mmamania.com/2018/9/25/...cal-suspensions-released-santos-vs-anders-mma so that cut even further into his training time.

Anyone who talks about Frankie Edgar like he’s a journeyman is clueless. Ive been following mma for over 15 years, I just placed my first bet for Khabib beating Mcgregor, & have gone on to triple my money since then (hit big with Anthony Smith, Yair, Ngannou, Overeem, & a few parlays that worked out for me, & of course lost a few too). I’m big on Ortega this fight, most confident I’ve been since Khabib destroying Conor. Holloway doesn’t look right, mark these words, I’ll come back & rub it in your face after Saturday.

Lol he “doesn’t look right” come on man this is all speculation and opinion none of us know anything for sure.

Anyone who talks about Frankie Edgar like he’s a journeyman is clueless. Ive been following mma for over 15 years, I just placed my first bet for Khabib beating Mcgregor, & have gone on to triple my money since then (hit big with Anthony Smith, Yair, Ngannou, Overeem, & a few parlays that worked out for me, & of course lost a few too). I’m big on Ortega this fight, most confident I’ve been since Khabib destroying Conor. Holloway doesn’t look right, mark these words, I’ll come back & rub it in your face after Saturday.
Bro...some people made 100 folds their initial investments here. In fact, guys like pig live off of gambling. I dunno bro. Stats plus my own judgement tells me its holloway. Best of luck man.

He came forward more against Santos, but it was kind of a... desperate pressure, I felt like. He got tired since he forced a bunch of ugly shots, which I don't think is necessarily even going to win him the fight against Elias.

How many improvements can he realistically have made in 10 weeks? He was suspended for 45 days no contact after Santos by the commission (Which probably wasn't followed as soon as he got a second opinion) https://www.mmamania.com/2018/9/25/...cal-suspensions-released-santos-vs-anders-mma so that cut even further into his training time.
Who wouldn't be desperate fighting Santos? You know you can't sit back because he will chop you to pieces with those kicks, and he's scary as fuck. Elias is the opposite of scary

Holloway/Ortega now already at pickem odds in some books. I hope y'all managed to get your Ortega bets in. It probably won't be long till he becomes the betting favorite. I put $650 on Ortega.

So the fact the line drops makes you more confident that Ortega wins?

@DevilsAvocado
azaRNmpJ_700wa_0.gif

Back