Gloves without Hecho En Mexico

Brian The Overlord

The motivator
@White
Reaction score
If someone sold pairs without Hecho En Mexico mark and said that they were manufactured in Mexico, would you believe that?

For example, Sabas, it insists that it produces the gloves in Mexico but I dont see the mark on the gloves whereas most of the gloves from Mexico has it.

Looking at pictures of Sabas gloves, Expertboxing also said that they are not from Mexico but Pakistan.

I dont know if Expertboxing is reliable or not but in my opinion, they look different to real Hecho En Mexico gloves.

Besides, those allegedly made in Mexico have constantly had some issues on durability.

I love searching for boxing gear and I have always wondered if the gloves without the mark are really made in Mexico.

I would like to hear your opinions.

That's the big question for Sabas at present. No one seems to know the answer for sure. But many people, like Johnny at Expertboxing, have expressed serious doubts about the alleged Mexican provenance of Sabas gear. And if Sabas really did manufacture its gear in Mexico, you'd think it'd be pretty easy for the company to dispel all of the negative speculation... But Sabas has not made any attempt to do that, as far as I know. In my view, things don't look great for Sabas.

Last edited:
That's the big question for Sabas at present. No one seems to know the answer for sure. But many people, like Johnny at Expertboxing, have expressed serious doubts about the alleged Mexican provenance of Sabas gear. And if Sabas really did manufacture its gear in Mexico, you'd think it'd be pretty easy for the company to dispel all of the negative speculation... But Sabas has not made any attempt to do that, as far as I know. In my view, things don't look great for Sabas.

Thank you for your detailed opinion.

I agree with your opinion and their issues on the quality is due to their cheap material.

Therefore, they offer us gloves at low prices
However in my country, my fellows have been using them for about 2 yrs. I think they were just lucky to have normal ones lol

Maybe I'm not giving Johnny Nguyen the credit due him, but I would be surprised if he came to the conclusion that Sabas are made in Pakistan on his own. In fact, he probably got it reading posts in this forum.

Maybe I'm not giving Johnny Nguyen the credit due him, but I would be surprised if he came to the conclusion that Sabas are made in Pakistan on his own. In fact, he probably got it reading posts in this forum.

If I remember rightly (it's been some time since I last read his article), he arrived at that conclusion by comparing the performance and quality of his pair of Sabas SuperSofts with other gloves of his known to be made in Mexico.

When I read it, he came to that conclusion based on some reviews on webs.

In the Korean forum that I am active in, one posted that his pair of Sabas got broken only in 6 months. Now I am sure that Sabas is from Pakistan.

[edit- some of:]Sabas gloves look pretty identical to the high-end gloves coming out of Pakistan. They don't look at all like the high-end Mexican gloves.

I don't think there's anything really preventing these small companies from just sticking a "hecho en mexico" tag to the liner of a glove even when it's a lie.

Last edited:
According to the post on the bubbling issue, new updated Sabas pair has a label stating HECHO EN MEXICO inside the gloves.

But I still dont want to give a credit to the lable even though it has the phrase.

They should raise their prices with good quality mateiral

According to the post on the bubbling issue, new updated Sabas pair has a label stating HECHO EN MEXICO inside the gloves.

But I still dont want to give a credit to the lable even though it has the phrase.

Their prices are already pretty high for gloves that's quality have dropped lmao

Yeah, I saw that post also. I don't know much about the legalities, but I would've thought it'd be pretty risky for a company like Sabas to attach fake labels to its products. After all, Sabas is based the USA; it's not a flagrant knockoff job operating out of Pakistan or China.

Well, there's not much I can do about that; I'm just reporting to you what he claims in his article.
Yeah, nothing on you at all.

I read the linked article. I am wary of the guy. He freely admits that he never tried the gloves—despite the fact that they were in his 'top five' (whatever that list even means). Furthermore, the 'updated' review is prejudicial from the start. I'm sure he means well, but I simply don't trust him or his judgment. Also, he has a dramatic flair which is off-putting and makes it seem like he's just after clicks.

But those are just my two cents. To be taken with a grain of salt. Enter your idiom of choice here.

Yeah, nothing on you at all.

I read the linked article. I am wary of the guy. He freely admits that he never tried the gloves—despite the fact that they were in his 'top five' (whatever that list even means). Furthermore, the 'updated' review is prejudicial from the start. I'm sure he means well, but I simply don't trust him or his judgment. Also, he has a dramatic flair which is off-putting and makes it seem like he's just after clicks.

But those are just my two cents. To be taken with a grain of salt. Enter your idiom of choice here.

I Agree with you 100%. This guy seems to be full of it and judging these gloves unfairly. No way he’s put the necessary rounds on each particular brand to give a legit review. Most brands known to us to make a decent durable glove be it a Thai brand is labeled as a “pakistan clone” the hell is that suppose to mean? Brands like Fairtex, Twins, Boon, Top King and Yokkao are said to be trash and labeled as “Clones” then continues to say Thai brands make overall better gear than Pakistan Because they have a fighting history Pakistan lacks, but then goes back to trashing these brands and calling them junk with no durability. Says they’re all stiff with short cuffs offering no wrist support compared to pure boxing gloves. This is ironic as my only thai glove is the Windy Tg5, It doesnt get anymore Thai style than those old school models and those things have huge supporting cuffs. My point? “Dont judge an entire brand if you havn’t tried enough models for a fair amount of time” Just stating they’re all stiff proves the guy didn’t put enough rounds through them or has never heard of break in periods.

Secondly the guy then rips the hayabusa brand the worst in what seems to be the longest part of his rant, about 5 paragraphs. A long list of the “10 ways Hayabusa failed” 10 being another long paragraph and 5 models with mini reviews on how bad they are with the exception of the Glory model where he says it “Actually has good reviews” ofcourse they do! Thats exactly my point on why you shouldn’t bad mouth an entire dedicated brand based on a few hooks you threw with one pair, every model suits others in different ways according to taste and style.

Signature quote on Hayabusa was “From the very first time that I threw a punch with a Hayabusa glove on, I was thinking HELLLLLLLL NO! ”

Well maybe you just punch like Ariana grande o_O

It’s funny and coincidental the only Thai brand he didn't have anything negative to say about (Twins) is the brand we’ve seen golovkin hit the bag with a lot. Come ooooooonn the guys just trying to make a super macho Boxing article to sit in the table with the “Cool kids”

Then he went on to call Venum the “MMA wannabe brand”. Said all good reviews were buyers who didn’t know quality and simply dismissed all existing models because they were made of skintex. Says nothing about their recent sucess with the elite model and says the Elite model is another clone that can be purchased for $15.

Tell that to all the guys that swear by the elite model including other writers or better yet Jorge Linares who’s used Venum gloves in his last 2 fights.

Sorry for the long reply. I just saw the article a few days ago and all that BS had me all irritated then I came across your post lol.

Back