Fighters that are way stronger than they look

He doesn't look that strong but it was surprising to me the way he was manhandling DC in the grappling exchanges before he got knocked out, and that was full belly DC. Interestingly enough I remember DC saying that Stipe didn't feel that strong, and that Jones seemed stronger, yet the footage tells a different story

I always found prime Weidman insanely strong

220px-Chris_Weidman.jpg
He was. Just like Prime Hendricks.

All the juicers fell when USADA came in. The only exception is Jones, because they are obviously protecting him.

Steroids. A guy with his frame should not be strong. Just look at Neil Magney.
Similar frame but one guy fights at 170 while the other fights at 205. The difference in muscle mass is huge. What's with the misconception that longer guy's can't be strong? And I'm sure if some of you saw jones in person you wouldn't be shocked at how strong he is

Okami was known for his strength. Every fighter says he way stronger then they thought he'd be.

Similar frame but one guy fights at 170 while the other fights at 205. The difference in muscle mass is huge. What's with the misconception that longer guy's can't be strong? And I'm sure if some of you saw jones in person you wouldn't be shocked at how strong he is
Well, I do agree that Magney should be fighting at 185. I think he'd benefit from the added muscle, and his reach would still be great for middleweight.

It's really crazy that he keeps depleting himself to make 170.

Mark Hunt.

Overeem said he was the strongest fighter he ever fought and he fought Hunt while he was juiced up. he also beat Bob Sapp in a tug of war contest rather easily.

OY6mRg.gif

i'd also put Crocop in there. his lower body is impressive and he always looks in phenomenal shape but Brendan Schaub has gone on record saying that Crocop was even stronger physically than Shane Carwin.

Last edited:
Well, I do agree that Magney should be fighting at 185. I think he'd benefit from the added muscle, and his reach would still be great for middleweight.

It's really crazy that he keeps depleting himself to make 170.
completely agree with that. Definitely one of those guys who would benefit from moving up.

Oezdemir.

No matter how many times I see this punch it never makes sense. How does that even work? He must have put a steel plate inside his hands or something.

SecretMealyGnu-size_restricted.gif

And a lot of raw strength in an unimpressive looking body.

EcstaticImpressionableBoar-size_restricted.gif

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-24_16-30-12.gif
    upload_2019-1-24_16-30-12.gif
    817.3 KB · Views: 14
completely agree with that. Definitely one of those guys who would benefit from moving up.
Yea, Till, Magney, and Rockhold would all make some serious waves if they moved up.

Also, the athletic commissions need to put someone on Paulo Costa to monitor him for 24 hours after he weighs in. The guy illegally uses IV rehydration and flouts the rules.

Khabib really looks crazy strong. people mistake 6 pacs and ripped for strength. nope wrong. thats just gym body. Khabib has that typical farm wrestling body, I am sure he is strong as fuck.

Cain looks soft. But im pretty sure hes strong af

Back