The greatest UFC fighters no one longer remembers?

Lionheart7167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
That post about Sean Sherk got me thinking. Who are some of the early UFC fighters that have largely been forgotten over time, or aren't known to the MMA newbies?
Here's a few for my knowledge....
When you talk about old UFC, people inevitably think Gracie, Shamrock, Coleman, Severn, Tank and Frye
Taktarov and Ruas were some important players from those early days
Militech
Frank Shamrock
Tim Sylvia (say what you want. He's a two time champ and looked unbeatable for a minute)
Jens Pulver
Phil Baroni
These are, of course, some of the "big" ones
We could also mention Evan Tanner, David Terrell, David Louseau, etc etc etc.

Some of those fighters we actually want to forget

TJ Grant

Wonder why he left ?

Brandon Vera ?

I thought he should have won Vs Couture at UFC 105

I'm not gonna say we dont remember him, but he's an undermined fighter amongst Ufc fans but he's had a great career and was always a fighters fighter , gotta respect -

Eddie Alvarez

Chris Lytle comes to mind
underrated ground game (22 subs) lost a bunch of split decisions, never got ko'd

Already an older guy when he got into MMA but goddamn he was tough as hell and slick on the ground. Fought above his weight class against prime Chuck and Rampage and held his own on the feet too. I love Hendo but he got robbed bad in that 2nd match with him.
CINTUR%C3%83O.jpg

Murilo+Bustamante+vs+Lidell+UFC+33.jpg

Scott Smith, Jens Pulver, Pedro Rizzo, Ricco Rodriguez, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, Gary Goodridge, Mark Kerr, Paul Buentello, Tim Sylvia, Thiago Silva (dude was a monster), Brandon Vera, James Toney (jk) lol, umm...Keith Jardine... to name a few.

That post about Sean Sherk got me thinking. Who are some of the early UFC fighters that have largely been forgotten over time, or aren't known to the MMA newbies?
Here's a few for my knowledge....

David Louseau, etc etc etc.

I really liked the Crow back in the day. I was hoping he’d beat Ace Franklin for the belt but nope.

Back