• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Badr Hari doping accusation

Reb

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Google translate.

https://www.nu.nl/sport-overig/5710503/kickbokser-badr-hari-betrapt-op-dopinggebruik.html

Kick boxer Badri Hari has been caught by the Doping Authority on the use of doping, Nieuwsuur reports Monday. The Dutch Moroccan is suspended for a maximum of four years.

Reportedly, traces of banned substances were found last year in the urine of 34-year-old Hari, after he had made his comeback with a victory against Hesdy Gerges in Rotterdam's Ahoy.

Amsterdammer Gerges would also have tested positive, just like the Croatian Mladen Brestovac - who lost to world champion Rico Verhoeven last year - and the Brazilian Ariel Machado. Profbond GLORY does not want to respond.

I don't believe they have been issued a suspension. They face the potential of a max 4-years.

Pretty crazy to randomly drug test these guys and don't release the results til almost a year later.

@Badr Hari ;)

i cant decide if this is hilarious or tragic lel

making tests randomly( not every event) is going to get a LOT of ppl on PED´s.

whatever the sport that didnt have a strong anti-doping government bodies and sanctions working full time, there will be PED users..

curious on how many more are going to get caught due the "filthy needle".

Also, its not suprise that Badr is going to receive a slap on the wrist while the others are going to get a heavy suspenssion.

one new glory can learn from this, they are testing in NL, better make the events in other european countries hahahhaahhahahahah

I remember Jorina Baars saying antidoping was notorious in the Netherlands so I guess
she was right.

I remember Jorina Baars saying antidoping was notorious in the Netherlands so I guess
she was right.
I think you meant doping.

But ya we've all known this. Kickboxing is like how MMA was pre-USADA.

Speaking about that, y'all see how JACKED Buakaw looked in his fight yesterday?

Well, there goes half of Glory's heavyweight division. <45>

Gerges is the funniest considering he looked his worst. Hesdy hasnt looked like possible roids since the k1 wgp days

I think you meant doping.

But ya we've all known this. Kickboxing is like how MMA was pre-USADA.

Speaking about that, y'all see how JACKED Buakaw looked in his fight yesterday?

dunno if he use other PED´s but it really looks like he is on HGH

dunno if he use other PED´s but it really looks like he is on HGH
PED is such a terrible term because it includes mostly legal stuff that is "performance enhancing". In this case even "banned substance" wouldnt work because I can guarantee Buakaw isn't signing a contract that has a list of them.

PED is such a terrible term because it includes mostly legal stuff that is "performance enhancing". In this case even "banned substance" wouldnt work because I can guarantee Buakaw isn't signing a contract that has a list of them.
yeah but when is referred as PED´s on dopping accusations is about the substances that arent allowed.

Agreed that in buakaw situation he isnt tested on anything.

Random testing? Damn a lot of guys will get caught. At least we wont find out til a year later though.

When I said randomly I meant in regards to us never hearing about any drug testing then all of a sudden these guys are tested. I am not certain that those fighters were randomly chosen.

Hoost was on this news station that broke this story today basically admitting Kickboxing has a doping problem and did when he competed. One could also question his picogram levels...

Really shouldn’t be news to anyone. Half of these “heavyweights” in the Dutch kickboxing circuit were competing at 90 or even 85kg weight classes then gained 50 pounds and started having problems with wiping their own asses.

Back