Media Cowboy Cerrone: "I won't wrestle Conor. Going to go out there and stand with him"

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
I’m not a Conor nutter who’s bias but I don’t see this going well for cowboy. I see him getting badly finished.

UFC should be ashamed for putting this farce of a fight together.

They have no belief in Conor whatsoever.

What a disgrace.
How is this a farce? its a great, competitive fight in which cowboy will make bank.

This is MMA.

Not boxing or WWE.

Tell that to the fighters who don’t even feel like wrestling to win, when they have the advantage.

They’d rather stand and bang. Stand and bang.

Fight chuck!

Timestamped buds.

"I'm going to go out there and stand with him. I'm going to give you all what you want to see."

You folks reckon this is a good idea for Cowboy?
tenor.gif

giphy.gif

I doubt it.

He'll try to use everything at his disposal to beat Conor.

He was quite calculated and methodical in his last fight, looked sharp. He also started very slow, looked pretty slow, It was a good performance but It definitely looks like age is catching up with him. Reflexes aren't quite what they were a few years ago.

Conor lights him up on the feet, assuming he's on his A game which seems to be the question about him right now.

As long as he stands and throws hard kicks and clinches and throws elbows and knees from there, he'll be fine. If he means standing and straight up boxing with Conor, he's a fucking idiot.

Last edited:

What a disgrace.

9th ranked fighters, who won't use their only advantages to win against Conor. Soon they'll be so desperate to get him wins they'll let him fight amateur bantamweights to make a few bucks.
Lol

Remember Diaz vs MJ? Look at that ranking

Cerrone will try for the takedown if he needs it.

I'm looking forward to this fight. Should be very entertaining, and might be more competitive than many think. One things for sure...Conor has to win. Cowboy wins just by signing the juicy fight contract.

What a disgrace.

9th ranked fighters, who won't use their only advantages to win against Conor. Soon they'll be so desperate to get him wins they'll let him fight amateur bantamweights to make a few bucks.

even if cerrone had a total wrestling game plan...he won't win...it took khabib, who is 10x the wrestling cerrone is awhile to finally get conor down...conor resisted and fought the takedown quite well for awhile...got back up also...I don't see cerrone being a good enough wrestler to do what khabib did...not even close...I see conor knocking cerrone out in 1 round....but, it has to be a focused conor...if he doesn't take him serious, then anything can happen.

even if cerrone had a total wrestling game plan...he won't win...it took khabib, who is 10x the wrestling cerrone is awhile to finally get conor down...conor resisted and fought the takedown quite well for awhile...got back up also...I don't see cerrone being a good enough wrestler to do what khabib did...not even close...I see conor knocking cerrone out in 1 round....but, it has to be a focused conor...if he doesn't take him serious, then anything can happen.
He could use his wrestling to tire Conor out enough to beat him with striking but he won't even do that he's so desperate for the pay check.

Would not be surprised if Dana has a contract with Cowboy that pays him $1 million bonus if he keeps it standing.

He could use his wrestling to tire Conor out enough to beat him with striking but he won't even do that he's so desperate for the pay check.

it took khabib 4 rounds to tire out conor and finally stop him....cerrone is no khabib...and he won't be able to use that kind of wrestling against conor...

Even Joanna is taller than Henry didn't realise he was that small. I'm surprised they put cowboy against Conor he has the possibility to win. Would of thought they would milk their cash cow for all they can they want Conor to win surprised they didn't book him Vs punk at a catch-weight.

Timestamped buds.

"I'm going to go out there and stand with him. I'm going to give you all what you want to see."

You folks reckon this is a good idea for Cowboy?
tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Idiotic. He doesn’t have a chin. Conor hits hard and is accurate. Cowboy is much better on the ground. I hope his team sets him straight.

Wait just a minute here! You all told me Conor was washed up and wasn't an elite fighter.

But now, Conor is way too good for good ole Cowboy Cerrone?

Make up your mind guys.

Cowboy never goes out there to wrestle anyone. He usually submits fighters when they try to wrestler him. That’s the beauty of Cowboy.

? What's your problem? Neither are getting a title shot any time soon. Sounds like a good fight

Bullshit. Conor can literally fight Jason Von Flue and fight for the belt next time out. Cowboy probably won't get a title shot even if he beats the crap out of Conor...

Damn I hope this actually happens. It’s a very exciting match up. I like cowboy a lot but stylistically I just think Conor McGregor knocks him out early.

Back