You Ever Forget Race Exists?

whenever I brought a white girl home to meet my mom, I would always have to prep my GF....

"listen...my mom might say something about your weight...or about how you can be skinnier....she doesn't necessarily think you're fat or anthing...this is a Korean thing. ..."
can I play too?

I had a Korean GF for a while but she tried to be a freaking nitpicking passive aggressive dictator with a bizarre conceptualization of boundaries and I just couldn't hack it.

I sick of the race thing but I'm constantly reminded of what I am. Like the other day I was just walking along not thinking about my race and suddenly some dudes pulled up alongside me and were like 'hey bro you want our car?', and it was a nice car so I took it but as soon as I started driving it dawned on me yet again that I'm white. Sometimes I wish people would stop throwing free shit at me so I could feel I'm just human and nothing else
<{jackyeah}>

Yes, back in the 90s in TVs, movies, and stuff they just had people blending and it wasn’t in your face like today.

Well, that was worded poorly but you know what I mean.

<JagsKiddingMe>
I am privileged in that I am multiracial and can empathize with most people in my country to the point I tend to be able to finagle my way out of being the object of others racism but then that means I still get to hear it directed at some other group.
Privileged in that the type of racism perpetrated by those groups(with the exception of white people) tend to be of the not serious kind, compared to other larger minorities.

Last edited:
Privileged in that the type of racism perpetrated by those groups(with the exception of white people) tend to be of the not serious kind, compared to other larger minorities.
BS.

The racist people from other cultures are the first to admit that if one were to go to their ethinic country of origin that the racism their would be even more serious and dangerous.

BS.

The racist people from other cultures are the first to admit that if one were to go to their ethinic country of origin that the racism their would be even more serious and dangerous.
In the US it isnt serious and common when it comes from them. It is however serious and more common when it comes to the larger minority groups.

In the US it isnt serious and common when it comes from them. It is however serious and more common when it comes to the larger minority groups.
Not sure what you mean but honestly I think shrinking it down to racism is simplifying it because it implies being less racist and more accepting of cultural differences is the answer and in my experience the most serious and damaging racism and prejudice I experienced was from people that thought of themselves as accepting and tolerant of other races.

in my experience the most serious and damaging racism and prejudice I experienced was from people that thought of themselves as accepting and tolerant of other races.
I'm saying the larger minority groups are more serious in their racism. What do you consider serious and damaging racism?

I'm saying the larger minority groups are more serious in their racism. What do you consider serious and damaging racism?
race really just seems like a convenient fixation point for a deeper cultural problem based on socioeconomic exploitation.

Race divides the exploited and pits them against each other.

Out in the real world? I only occasionally have to think about it. But that's not the same as forgetting it exist. I never forget it exists because walking through any major city, you're going to see people of different backgrounds and engage them at different levels. I'll speak in Spanish to the Hispanic uber driver and ask the Middle Eastern one what brought him to the country. The minority parents at the private school talk to me about one thing (making sure the kids can feel accepted), the non-minority parents might talk about it from another side (making sure the kids don't feel excluded).

Here on Sherdog? Nope - no matter the thread, someone in the WR will find a way to add a race element to it.

just sounds like an excuse.
I'm not sure what you are talking about or implying.

In my experience everyone is racist.

I don't think trying to pretend racism doesn't exist is a real solution and I also think framing the problem and solution in terms of race ignores and misses what the problem even is itself.

I don't think trying to pretend racism doesn't exist is a real solution and I also think framing the problem and solution in terms of race ignores and misses what the problem even is itself.
I'm saying the larger minority groups commit more serious racism and they should be held accountable for it.

Grew up not giving a shit.
Later I realised that minorities care about that shit way more than they would admit.

Back