This is becoming mind-boggling

MigitAs

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
How do so many people, including the NSAC director, not understand the body-language and capacities of someone who has been rendered unconscious!

It is pretty much impossible, for someone who is just waking up, to declare immediately, lucidly, immediately rise (without stumbling), and declare immediately, that they were never compromised in the first place!

When someone goes completely unconscious, they are effectively inebriated! Robbie literally immediately rose, looked at herb with clear eyes (and mind) and rightly, gave herb a piece of his mind! Intelligently!

What confuses me is how many so-called mma “fans”, don’t understand what a guy who has or has not been choked unconscious looks like!

Discuss

The NSAC is being the NSAC. Is normal.

I said this in another thread, but these are the same guys who had no problem with Jones pissing hot twice before the event, and the same guys that wanted to give Nick Diaz a 5 year suspension for weed.

They did the pro rasslin arm raise thing and Robbie didn't hulk-up like a conscious human is supposed to

Everyone in the building thought Lawler was out, and the referee acted like he should to protect his life. Maybe he was, maybe he wasnt, but i wouldnt take body language or his words after as facts that it was a wrong stoppage. Legit win for Askren.

Everyone in the building thought Lawler was out, and the referee acted like he should to protect his life. Maybe he was, maybe he wasnt, but i wouldnt take body language or his words after as facts that it was a wrong stoppage. Legit win for Askren.

Lmao no they didnt..

The commentators who are UFC schills couldn't even agree..

Lawler was fine..

Simple breakdown

1. He would of fallen over as he was leaning forward with askren hanging on his head..if he went out he would fallen agaisnt the cage slumping forward or flat on his belly

2. Herb moves his arm..robbie moves his arm back..cant do that while napping

3. Fighters dont regain consciousness while still being in the applied choke ..its literally impossible..your either with or without consciousness for the whole thing..

4. Askren was never under the chin..you cant choke someone out without being on the carotid arteries located on each side of the neck ..

5. Robbie springs to his feet in protest again , not something that happens if youve been choked out

6. Robbie was defending a painful jaw crush and he was doing the right thing by tucking his chin and remaining low..and patient\calm any fast bouncey movements like rasing and waving to show a panicked reff im fine..could of allowed that jaw crush to turn into the bulldog choke by slipping under the chin..herb failed to get low enough to see what was happening..Refferring 101 is to you need to have line of site of the submission and the fighter its being applied to..herb was out of position and proceeded on a notion ..not fact..

Referring error should be overturn to a N.C and a immediate rematch rescheduled

Robbie went out.

Challenge: Show me a gif of someone going limp like that, that wasn't out.

I won't hold my breath.

Protect his life?

I just dont like the fact that Lawler lost by way of a fucking headlock. I used to do that to my instigating younger brother when he used to scratch me circa elementary school. Anyway Im sure Gillette has something to say about it.

How do so many people, including the NSAC director, not understand the body-language and capacities of someone who has been rendered unconscious!

It is pretty much impossible, for someone who is just waking up, to declare immediately, lucidly, immediately rise (without stumbling), and declare immediately, that they were never compromised in the first place!

When someone goes completely unconscious, they are effectively inebriated! Robbie literally immediately rose, looked at herb with clear eyes (and mind) and rightly, gave herb a piece of his mind! Intelligently!

What confuses me is how many so-called mma “fans”, don’t understand what a guy who has or has not been choked unconscious looks like!

Discuss

Incorrect. As many people who train can and have confirmed, if pressure of the hold is released right as consciousness is being lost, the person can come to almost immediately and be coherent, often not knowing they went out at all.

Lesson to fighters, protect yourself at all times. If you just sit there with your arm hanging down not doing anything, what do you expect the ref to do?

Discuss
Op needs more immediacy.

1. I don't think lawler was out.
2. I don't think it was a terrible stoppages.

we should keep posting about this . btw i still count it as a W for Askren but i wouldnt mind seeing it run back at a later date. an immediate rematch is pointless and stalls their careers.

Robbie went out.

Challenge: Show me a gif of someone going limp like that, that wasn't out.

I won't hold my breath.

LOL he didnt go limp ya fucking goof. He put his fucking arm down. And then picked it up. And then gave a thumbs up. and then put it back down. And then Immediate got up and looked shocked when the fight was stopped - and Herb Dean, the guy that stopped the fight literally threw his hands up and said 'Oh shit Im sorry'

Since when is a thumbs up considered an intelligent defense? He went right back to hanging limply. He has to do something

What about people who ride out chokes? That doesn't count as intelligent defense so those should all be stoppages, right?

Discuss
You have a good point in hindsight but as someone who has seen several thousand fights I thought he was out when his arm dropped and was actually starting to get angry that Herb was taking so long to react.

He definitely appeared to be unconscious to me and I was shocked when he was clearly awake and coherent when the fight was stopped.

Discuss

Adrenaline is a powerful drug.

This comes down simply to people playing favorites. The wrestling crowd is gonna side with Ben and see one thing, while everyone else sees another.

He wasn’t out

Back