Rampage had one hell of an MMA career

Steven_Universe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
With wins over prime Liddell, Machida, a weathered Wanderlei. Dan Henderson, Arona, Ninja, Lindland.

I loved how a guy with no impressive credentials but high school wrestling and boxing outwrestled great wrestlers and KOd strikers.

Rampage didn’t even kick! I can’t remember him ever throwing a kick.

The only loss that broke my heart was the Rashad fight. He should have trained properly and taken that fight seriously and won. That would have been a great notch in his built.

Don't forget that he took out Randleman when he was on a 5-win streak

His win over Arona was what got me watching mma hardcore. I had watched a few fights and rented the first few ufc tournaments at my local movie store. When I saw that powerbomb my jaw dropped.

Pride Rampage was special, except Wandy.

Besides Jones no one to this day has finished Rampage since Shogun in Pride. Dude only loses decisions. Underrated af. Closest guy to breaking the AS-GSP 1-2 P4P ranking in the late 00's. There's a good argument to call 2007-2011 the Rampage era at 205.

Rampage is a guy I really didn't like when he was fighting but looking back he's an MMA fighter I'd love to get shitfaced with. Honestly if I had to do it all over again would be a Rampage fan instead of Shad.

Last edited:
His win over Arona was what got me watching mma hardcore. I had watched a few fights and rented the first few ufc tournaments at my local movie store. When I saw that powerbomb my jaw dropped.
That Arona slam will never be duplicated. It's like a staple in the GIf Ultimate library of MMA

He is my favorite fighter. I use to love watching him fight. Now I dread watching him anymore. I wish he would retire and quit just cashing checks.

Prime Rampage vs Johnson would be very entertaining

I think he threw a kick in his fight with DOOR

edit- he did
Rampage-jackson-breaks-door-o.gif

Last edited:
Prime Rampage can give any LHW fits

arona slam is go to gif to get friends into mma.

Just wish he would have taken training more seriously... Dude was a beast... Also, think he stopped with kicking a lot after the Bustamante fight, dude hurt his own leg...

His KO over Randleman (RIP) is one of my favorite. The knee, the way he chokes him around the throat with one hand while raining down punches with the other.....

So awesome

No doubt. And he was one of the funniest guys too.
I hope at some point we get to see him in a broadcast capacity, just not sure he could cointain the F bombs etc. enough for it to work <45>

Rampage vs Wand 2 is one of the best MMA fights in history.

Top 5-7 light heavyweight all time.

Back