After a Year of Insulting Fans and Mishaps, Battlefield V Sales Estimates Look Grim

I stopped playing when Tides of War turned the once-fun game into a weekly chore list. Fuck that shit.

Game fucking sucks ass, first BF game I have not purchased in the hole series.

I loved Bad Company 1 and 2, thought 3 was great despite the destruction being neutered in great part, 4 much the same but there were a ton of other big improvements that made it great. BF1 looked stupid as hell, but I got lured during a pretty crazy sale. Regretted it. The new one didn't even tempt me a little bit.

I imagine Dice is just shell of the dev team they once were (have they had high turnover like Bioware?), because they've become so freaking bland in their map designs. I've played the shit out of the BF series since 1942, and looking back it feels to me like they peaked somewhere between BF2 and Bad Company 2.

They make beautiful environments, and their sounds are stellar, but everything as a whole feels so uninspired, lifeless and forgettable. It's right in line with Battlefront 2, which is also stunning, but with incredibly bland level design.

Dragon Valley map in BF2 was the shit. They remade it in BF4, but the fact you couldn't capture the enemies main base, took away a big part of the charm. I used to love trying to solo capture the Chinese base, or take my squad in. I usually played an anti tank kit so I could shoot down annoying choppers, or put some fear in jets with a lock on.

I had some guys I met playing the Desert Combat mod that formed a squad with me, and one of my IRL buddies, for BF2 . The squad mechanics in BF2 really promoted teamwork, especially if you had good commander. A supply drop in the right spot could always change the tide, and being given destinations to capture by commanders was a lot of fun, especially if they supply dropped properly.

We'd play BF2 every Saturday, I miss those days when I had more time/less responsibility.

There was another map with a Dam (Kubra Dam) I loved playing, and that initial rush on Karkand was epic. Nothing Dice has made since then compares to them. Look at this list of maps that came with the base copy eventually. Some were better than others, but they were all unique and most were designed with choke points that made for epic wars.

• Dalian Plant
  • Daqing Oilfields
  • Dragon Valley
  • FuShe Pass
  • Gulf of Oman
  • Highway Tampa
  • Kubra Dam
  • Mashtuur City
  • Operation Blue Pearl
  • Operation Clean Sweep
  • Road to Jalalabad
  • Sharqi Peninsula
  • Songhua Stalemate
  • Strike at Karkand
  • Wake Island 2007
  • Zatar Wetlands

I still have equally fond memories of maps in 1942, like El Alamein. That was a such a great tank map.

I imagine Dice is just shell of the dev team they once were (have they had high turnover like Bioware?), because they've become so freaking bland in their map designs. I've played the shit out of the BF series since 1942, and looking back it feels to me like they peaked somewhere between BF2 and Bad Company 2.

They make beautiful environments, and their sounds are stellar, but everything as a whole feels so uninspired, lifeless and forgettable. It's right in line with Battlefront 2, which is also stunning, but with incredibly bland level design.

Dragon Valley map in BF2 was the shit. They remade it in BF4, but the fact you couldn't capture the enemies main base, took away a big part of the charm. I used to love trying to solo capture the Chinese base, or take my squad in. I usually played an anti tank kit so I could shoot down annoying choppers, or put some fear in jets with a lock on.

I had some guys I met playing the Desert Combat mod that formed a squad with me, and one of my IRL buddies, for BF2 . The squad mechanics in BF2 really promoted teamwork, especially if you had good commander. A supply drop in the right spot could always change the tide, and being given destinations to capture by commanders was a lot of fun, especially if they supply dropped properly.

We'd play BF2 every Saturday, I miss those days when I had more time/less responsibility.

There was another map with a Dam (Kubra Dam) I loved playing, and that initial rush on Karkand was epic. Nothing Dice has made since then compares to them. Look at this list of maps that came with the base copy eventually. Some were better than others, but they were all unique and most were designed with choke points that made for epic wars.

• Dalian Plant
  • Daqing Oilfields
  • Dragon Valley
  • FuShe Pass
  • Gulf of Oman
  • Highway Tampa
  • Kubra Dam
  • Mashtuur City
  • Operation Blue Pearl
  • Operation Clean Sweep
  • Road to Jalalabad
  • Sharqi Peninsula
  • Songhua Stalemate
  • Strike at Karkand
  • Wake Island 2007
  • Zatar Wetlands

I still have equally fond memories of maps in 1942, like El Alamein. That was a such a great tank map.

I think what made Bad Company 2 so awesome was not only the balance and map design, but the destruction, and how it fit in with the minute to minute battles. Huge firefights in adjacent buildings were awesome, then you hear the creak of your building, and gotta bust ass to get out. Then the buildings remains create new angles of attack, hiding spots, etc. Subsequent games had much more scale in which to work with, but they toned down the destruction way too much, especially in bf3.

I think what made Bad Company 2 so awesome was not only the balance and map design, but the destruction, and how it fit in with the minute to minute battles. Huge firefights in adjacent buildings were awesome, then you hear the creak of your building, and gotta bust ass to get out. Then the buildings remains create new angles of attack, hiding spots, etc. Subsequent games had much more scale in which to work with, but they toned down the destruction way too much, especially in bf3.
yeah man! In Bad Company 2, I was a tank whore. I can't tell you how much I loved blowing the sides out of buildings with a sniper inside. Driving through pretty much everything so gratifying too.

I prefered the madness of 64 player BF2 maps, and felt they were better designed overall, but that destruction in BC2 was unlike anything else. I hope they make another Bad Company, with near full on destruction again. Even the campaign was great.

I may have to fire that up again!

I've read that people hardly even play it and it only just came out. Me personally I enjoyed Battlefield 1 and played it quite a bit for a long time, but I played the BF5 beta for like maybe two hours and was so disgusted I had no intentions of ever purchasing it. Besides the SJW and political bullshit, overall the game was just not fun whatsoever. It was clunky as fuck and felt like it was pre-alpha, and the new game modes like the one where you parachute in and die instantly only to respawn and do the same thing were laughable.

Just curious if any fellow gamers here had this experience with BF5 cause honestly besides the COD WW2 beta (which was also terrible leading me to not purchase the game) it was the worst new console game I've ever played.

I thought it was fine. No shake up to the series, but I didn’t think it was a bad game at all. I’m not sure how you can go from playing 2 hours of the beta to saying it was “the worst new console game I’ve ever played.”

I think they need to take a break and figure out what BF’s identity is now in the new world of looter shooters and battle royal games, but Besides that it was fun for what it is.

I thought it was fine. No shake up to the series, but I didn’t think it was a bad game at all. I’m not sure how you can go from playing 2 hours of the beta to saying it was “the worst new console game I’ve ever played.”

I think they need to take a break and figure out what BF’s identity is now in the new world of looter shooters and battle royal games, but Besides that it was fun for what it is.
never had the problem with the bf1 beta personally I just thought five felt rushed and shitty. I'd prefer it if they came out with another modern installment or vietnam

it was fine but lacked content imagine after 3 -4 months you get 1 map when there was premium atleast you got a steady stream of content, also lack of guns, poor netcode, and dont forget it started with bad press. I enjoyed it at first but got stale. BF5 doesnt even have the best scenarios from world war 2. I wanted Normandy , battle of the pacific, not friggin snow in Norway or the flower fields of Holland or where ever that is. I know they are following a time line but who the heck will still be playing by the time they introduce those maps.

I enjoyed bf1 but passed on this because it legit looks like the same game.

This was my biggest regret purchase of 2018.
Bought the higher priced early release version for $90 because a neighbour was dying for me to join his squad
Have played a handful of times, but find this game devoid of any soul (keep in mind I suck at Call of Duty too).

it was fine but lacked content imagine after 3 -4 months you get 1 map when there was premium atleast you got a steady stream of content, also lack of guns, poor netcode, and dont forget it started with bad press. I enjoyed it at first but got stale. BF5 doesnt even have the best scenarios from world war 2. I wanted Normandy , battle of the pacific, not friggin snow in Norway or the flower fields of Holland or where ever that is. I know they are following a time line but who the heck will still be playing by the time they introduce those maps.
dude they love Holland for osme reason, they work majority Dutch and French settings into tons of BF games with fewer maps elsewhere

I've read that people hardly even play it and it only just came out. Me personally I enjoyed Battlefield 1 and played it quite a bit for a long time, but I played the BF5 beta for like maybe two hours and was so disgusted I had no intentions of ever purchasing it. Besides the SJW and political bullshit, overall the game was just not fun whatsoever. It was clunky as fuck and felt like it was pre-alpha, and the new game modes like the one where you parachute in and die instantly only to respawn and do the same thing were laughable.

Just curious if any fellow gamers here had this experience with BF5 cause honestly besides the COD WW2 beta (which was also terrible leading me to not purchase the game) it was the worst new console game I've ever played.

it was a failure because of the bizarre appearance of black nazis and women samurai warriors who were running around destroying Europe for some reason during WW2. the developers didnt help anything by going 'deal with it bitches, this is cuckland worldwide and we own you.' and when the internet caught a hold of it they said 'nah son thats gay, yo. word is bond son, thats not my stilo. word up.' so then the game went on sale for 50 percent off the week after it came out and the rest is history.

it was a failure because of the bizarre appearance of black nazis and women samurai warriors who were running around destroying Europe for some reason during WW2. the developers didnt help anything by going 'deal with it bitches, this is cuckland worldwide and we own you.' and when the internet caught a hold of it they said 'nah son thats gay, yo. word is bond son, thats not my stilo. word up.' so then the game went on sale for 50 percent off the week after it came out and the rest is history.
yeah they really sank themselves by saying "IF YOU THINK IT SUCKS U ARE RACIST SEXIST AND DONT BUY OUR GAME" well ok

seems like a lot of people took their advice <rawsun>

wrong, it's way shittier than bf1 from the graphics to the gameplay

Well this helps in my decision. I just don't get why they wouldn't do a modern game again.

Battlefield would be much better if a cucked ass country like Sweden wasn't where the home studio resided. This is the same country where they put 40 year old "refugees" in classes with 8 year olds because they consider them children cause they don't have any id card

"honor the memory of fallen heroes by playing as a transgender paratrooper with braveheart facepaint."

lol. fuck outta here

This was my biggest regret purchase of 2018.
Bought the higher priced early release version for $90 because a neighbour was dying for me to join his squad
Have played a handful of times, but find this game devoid of any soul (keep in mind I suck at Call of Duty too).
Same sentiment, bought the normal $60 version wasnt actually at first since I was playing red dead, but most of my clan mates were going to get it so I stopped red dead , then 2 weeks later its $30 ugh, should have just played red dead then maybe I would have regretted the purchase at half the cost hahaha.

Back