UFC 236 Holloway vs Poirier 2

I dont agree that Grant was loosing convincingly the first round with Pedersoli. He was just very patient and was avoiding almost everything that Carlo threw. He looked to me like a guy who knew very well what was he doing and he picked his timing very well at the right moment to knock Pedersoli out. I bet Carlo in this fight and i am not making the same mistake again :D
Should have listened to me shilling Grant the first time my friend

Complete blind bet.
Pros: He has good stamina, can wrestle for three rounds. He pressures hard and fights at a crazy pace. Very powerful too.

Cons: he hasn't fought anybody with good ring IQ/evasiveness, and he only has two punches

You're better off playing a juiced Anders line than that false hype train. Just cause his team call him Zabit 2.0 doesn't make him great, and based of the footage available you can see that he's just not. Griffin probably tools him the same as he did to Perry, spamming spinning elbows and flying knees might work vs Russian cans but there's a reason no top guys do.
I liked his potential from the tape I watched, but anybody comparing him to Zabit doesn't know shit about fighting.

I liked his potential from the tape I watched, but anybody comparing him to Zabit doesn't know shit about fighting.
He has good coaches, camp and all that but his past performances don't come anywhere near to his hype. Ground game wasn't exactly impressive and his striking while powerful, is technically just not very good. I agree on the potential given his natural toughness and power but he needs a lot more work and experience or he's just going to be left full of holes that well rounded and experienced guys can exploit. I think Griffin probably just spams his jab with the occasional takedown attempt to a decision here.

He has good coaches, camp and all that but his past performances don't come anywhere near to his hype. Ground game wasn't exactly impressive and his striking while powerful, is technically just not very good. I agree on the potential given his natural toughness and power but he needs a lot more work and experience or he's just going to be left full of holes that well rounded and experienced guys can exploit. I think Griffin probably just spams his jab with the occasional takedown attempt to a decision here.

Reading the tea leaves but buddy fought 3 times in 2017 and only once in 2018, over a year ago now. At 24, with that sort of layoff, with his team, I gotta assume he's improved. And he's Russian so he's probably nails tough. I can't trust Griffin; I know the Alves fight has a giant asterisk beside it but still, he should've won-won that fight, you know? But he let judges get their claws in. And I can't pass on a fight because degen.

I know we should all be congratulating each other on picking a live dog at nice +money with the above assumptions in play but whatever. I know I'm paying for some hype too. Even with all that we don't know, I still think there's value because Griffin is just meh.

Reading the tea leaves but buddy fought 3 times in 2017 and only once in 2018, over a year ago now. At 24, with that sort of layoff, with his team, I gotta assume he's improved. And he's Russian so he's probably nails tough. I can't trust Griffin; I know the Alves fight has a giant asterisk beside it but still, he should've won-won that fight, you know? But he let judges get their claws in. And I can't pass on a fight because degen.

I know we should all be congratulating each other on picking a live dog at nice +money with the above assumptions in play but whatever. I know I'm paying for some hype too. Even with all that we don't know, I still think there's value because Griffin is just meh.

I think I was one of the few confident in Alves going into that fight tbh. I thought Griffin has looked kinda mediocre in the past but he actually impressed me in the Alves fight hitting takedowns, not fading in the third, mitigating the low kicks and using his range well. Its probably worth noting Griffin only went full time at the end of 2017 and since then has made an effort to improve by getting a new strength and conditioning coach, training more boxing and has actually trained with Imadaev before (he thought the guy was a dick apparently and was happy to take the fight which is encouraging).

I went over tape hoping to play Imadaev at +odds but overall I just don't think Imadaev is very good and making a bet on assumed progression because of his age is unreliable to say the least imo. Even with some progression I think it should be at least very competitive as Griffin doesn't have any major weaknesses or anything to exploit and watching footage of Imadaev training doesn't inspire much confidence, any footage of him on pads is him spamming the same low percentage moves as he did in his earlier fights. I can see all that flashy shit failing hard when Max keeps that jab in his face so he can't set any of it up and then timeing counter right hands or reactive takedowns once he gets frustrated rushing in. Imadaev just looks like he lacks all the fundamental technical stuff you need to be a top guy at this stage and that takes a lot of development.

I think I was one of the few confident in Alves going into that fight tbh. I thought Griffin has looked kinda mediocre in the past but he actually impressed me in the Alves fight hitting takedowns, not fading in the third, mitigating the low kicks and using his range well. Its probably worth noting Griffin only went full time at the end of 2017 and since then has made an effort to improve by getting a new strength and conditioning coach, training more boxing and has actually trained with Imadaev before (he thought the guy was a dick apparently and was happy to take the fight which is encouraging).

I went over tape hoping to play Imadaev at +odds but overall I just don't think Imadaev is very good and making a bet on assumed progression because of his age is unreliable to say the least imo. Even with some progression I think it should be at least very competitive as Griffin doesn't have any major weaknesses or anything to exploit and watching footage of Imadaev training doesn't inspire much confidence, any footage of him on pads is him spamming the same low percentage moves as he did in his earlier fights. I can see all that flashy shit failing hard when Max keeps that jab in his face so he can't set any of it up and then timeing counter right hands or reactive takedowns once he gets frustrated rushing in. Imadaev just looks like he lacks all the fundamental technical stuff you need to be a top guy at this stage and that takes a lot of development.
Don't get it twisted, he has two punches (the overhand right and the left hook) and the power to hurt people with them moving forwards and backwards.
I repeat, those are his only two punches. I am passing on this one, I think.

Edit: my point is that those two punches are not low percentage moves, and they make up the majority of his offense

So far, the only play I have is on Muhammad.

....patiently waiting for Holloways line to improve.

I much prefer the O2.5 around -150 to Holloway ML at -2xx.

Totals came out early this week: Holloway/Poirier Over 2½ -142; Anders/Rountree Over 1½ -115; OSP/Krylov Under 1½ -105.

Thinkin bout puttin 200 on Gastelum and Porier for a parlay. Not sure though....

Good/Bad bet?

Was gonna go with Gastelum but odds are shit and Adesanya should get the job done in the end, this is 5 rounds and he always is bragging about his cardio...

Should have listened to me shilling Grant the first time my friend

Pros: He has good stamina, can wrestle for three rounds. He pressures hard and fights at a crazy pace. Very powerful too.

Cons: he hasn't fought anybody with good ring IQ/evasiveness, and he only has two punches

Easy to look good cardio wise when its all one way traffic.

Millender back up to +115 at my book..... I'll absolutely take some of that.

Back