Duck Alert! Hearn Low Balls Ortiz - fight is off

cuban23

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
“After 5 days of BS we declined all of Hearn’s lowball offers and we are tired of his games. I know the magnitude of this fight. I wasn’t going to let Hearn bully me. Especially when I know they need Luis l. I mean who else could they really have to fight and that the public was willing to pay for?” Jorge Carmenate of Dade Promotions told BoxingScene.com.

“Listen, I like Joshua. I want him to continue to do good but I don’t see eye to eye with Hearn. He’s a cheat. I’m done with him. Hearn is a joke, go take advantage of some other fighter on short notice. I’m done with the games. My fighter is a top 3 heavyweight. Treat him like one.”

- via Boxingscene

Fuck. Everyone who wants to fight Joshua also wants to be paid shit loads too. I bet they all ask 'But how much is Joshua making?'

Fuck. Everyone who wants to fight Joshua also wants to be paid shit loads too. I bet they all ask 'But how much is Joshua making?'
Hearn has a rep now, in a way he's fucked himself.

He will have been offered millions for the chance to step in with 6 weeks prep and take the number 1 spot and 3 out of the 4 belts. There's no way he couldn't have negotiated a fair fee for this fight.

It's not liking he's making big money, his team see Joshua's name and suddenly they think they deserve much more than they worth.

Ortiz stock is clearly inflated as well, what's he done to be top 3? He lost to Wilder and his best win is Jennings. He doesn't get to act like a champion because he got KO'd by Wilder, and he isn't a moneymaker in any sense, he's a top 5 contender if we take the champions out of the mix.

Man Hearn really gets the other promoters salty asf LOL.

Can all these shitty threads be condensed into one....i think we should call the thread "people who know fuck all about heavyweight boxing"

If Ortiz wanted more money than what Miller was getting then fuck him. But if Hearn was offering less than what Miller was getting it's his own fault and fuck him.

What's the $ figure..... don't be a bitch about it and not let the public know what you consider a "Low Ball" offer.

I'm guessing at least 3 times Ortiz' previous largest purse.
It ain't the lotto gentlemen, you've got to actually put in the work.

Plus Ortiz is tainted by both pissing hot, AND getting worked over by Deontay Wilder.

Still... can't judge unless the $ figures are let out.

So if the offer is so shitty why aren't they letting us know what it is, so we can all shit on Hearn? Seems odd to withhold the most crucial part of your point.

Hearn needs to realise they're the one's in a spot, the show needs saving and AJ needs his 35 mil. Of course all the options are going to play hardball. Get that cheque book out Eddie son:)

Its incredible how all of these fighters are supposedly wrong and should just accept whatever Hearn offers them lol.

OK, I know a man wants to make his money, but wouldn't you take nearly any purse with the idea that you KO AJ and it rains diamonds for days? I guess I struggle with guys not taking a short-notice lowball offer that means a shot at the HW strap. If you think you have something for him, bring it. Then the money will pile up.

Its incredible how all of these fighters are supposedly wrong and should just accept whatever Hearn offers them lol.

I wish we knew the number. ish, even. Ortiz should be in there if it's a large number, no matter how much larger he wishes it were. The money bus might only stop once on your street. Do not miss your chance to board, IMO.

Ortiz previously said he'd fight Joshua for "any money" they offered so I guess that was a lie?
They say Joshua is slow robotic stiff chinny gassy but when it comes time to sign nobody wants the smoke why is that?

I wish we knew the number. ish, even. Ortiz should be in there if it's a large number, no matter how much larger he wishes it were. The money bus might only stop once on your street. Do not miss your chance to board, IMO.
Ive never seen any other fighter defended on this board the way AJ is regarding purse splits. Its truly incredible.

Ive never seen any other fighter defended on this board the way AJ is regarding purse splits. Its truly incredible.
We don't even know what Ortiz was offered though.

Wasn't Miller making 6.5 mil? I don't see why any replacement should get offered less since the same amount of money should be brought in from the fight. I'm guessing they're offering everyone less.

We don't even know what Ortiz was offered though.
This isnt the first fighter to say theyve been low balled though. Or second. Or third even.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back