• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So UFC is wasting one of Cormier's last fights against Stipe?

If they do fight I'll laugh hard if DC beats him again.

What happened to Lesnar?

This really is a pointless rematch if true.

Stipe is the HW GOAT
he deserves a chance to redeem himself

also it is not an instant rematch because cormier has defended since they fought

conor casual detected

Didn't they learn from Cody vs TJ 2? Instant rematches fucking suck, especially if undeserved.
Stipe does not deserve a title-shot.

Who the fuck wants to see DC vs Stipe 2 instead of DC vs Jones at HW, DC vs Ngannou or even DC vs Overeem. New match-ups are far more intriguing than constantly booking rematches.

Next we get Jacare vs Camozzi 3 or some shit.
Is anyone actually in favor of this DC vs Stipe 2 fight?

<{cruzshake}>
So you’re bitching about a rematch but you’re in favor of a trilogy where DC got his ass handed to him in both the previous fights?
<JonesLaugh>

I want to see that fight without any eye pokes.

Not gonna happen. They were no accident.

giphy.gif

Some people are. I'm not one of them but I've seen people chime in in support of Miocic's request for an instant rematch.

So DC being 0-2 vs Jones is supposed to fight Jones yet again, but Stipe being 0-1 vs DC is laughable?
Except he didn’t say that. I don’t see anything wrong in the message you quoted.

So you’re bitching about a rematch but you’re in favor of a trilogy where DC got his ass handed to him in both the previous fights?

The fight with Miocic was much less controversial.

instant rematch a year and a half later? must be a conor fan

I don't think any rematch has ever been literally "instant." It's instant in the sense that Miocic didn't fight any other opponent before rematching.

Ngannou/JDS is fighting in July, DC can fight the winner of that match in Nov/Dec as his retirement fight (assuming he beats Stipe again).

Really. I didn't say it was completely uncontroversial, but (1) the result wasn't overturned; and (2) both fighters poked each other's eyes. You can't say this about Cormier's fights with Jones.

Even Struve can beat Stiepe via eye poke. The fight with DC was similar with Struve. An eye poke than KO. Ugly deep well executed eye poke I mean. DC is no champion at all . At LH JJ is champ and if accepts Stiepe fight he will loose and it will be obvious he was no champ at HW for real. So Connor's fate awaits him. Still I won't compare him with McG , DC is a very good fighter just not nr 1 but for sure nr.2 in LH .
And who do you want Stiepe to fight ? He just annihilated all of them fair and square no cheating , fast , decisive , no picoshit , just like that.
He deserves TS and it's the only match to do. Though I 'm not sure it's gonna happen because of the big possible upset just before DC retirement

Really. I didn't say it was completely uncontroversial, but (1) the result wasn't overturned; and (2) both fighters poked each other's eyes. You can't say this about Cormier's fights with Jones.
What I can say about Cormier Jones is that even if you wanna pretend the second fight didn’t happen or that it was the steroids that kicked DC in the head, there is still a 5 round domination in the first fight. Not a flash KO in the first round that leaves you thinking a guy just got caught and the result of a rematch could be completely different, but a clear show of superiority over an entire fight.
35idurq.jpg

Not gonna happen. They were no accident.

giphy.gif

No they weren't and that's definitely a possibility. Just hoping DC isn't willing to ruin his rep completely, because if he does it again he will surely be branded a dirty fighter by many more people than that already have.

What I can say about Cormier Jones is that even if you wanna pretend the second fight didn’t happen or that it was the steroids that kicked DC in the head, there is still a 5 round domination in the first fight.

I remember the first fight differently: Jones dominated the last two rounds but the first three were up for grabs. Also, while it's impossible to prove with the looser testing back then, few people think Jones roided for the second fight after winning the first clean.

Stipe's the HW goat tho bro, memba?!?! XD

Last edited:
Didn't they learn from Cody vs TJ 2? Instant rematches fucking suck, especially if undeserved.
Stipe does not deserve a title-shot.

Who the fuck wants to see DC vs Stipe 2 instead of DC vs Jones at HW, DC vs Ngannou or even DC vs Overeem. New match-ups are far more intriguing than constantly booking rematches.

Next we get Jacare vs Camozzi 3 or some shit.

<{cruzshake}>

Yes.

Overeem isnt near a TS. DC doesnt want to fight Jon because he'd lose, Ngannou would be cool though, until DC gets him down.

This is the best fight DC can get. Its the right fight to make.

I remember the first fight differently: Jones dominated the last two rounds but the first three were up for grabs. Also, while it's impossible to prove with the looser testing back then, few people think Jones roided for the second fight after winning the first clean.
The fight was convincing enough that even the most overzealous Jones hater on sherdog couldn’t make an argument that DC didn’t get his ass kicked. I’m not saying it wasn’t competitive, or that DC didn’t put up a fight, but for me it left no questions as to who the better fighter was.

DC/Miocic didn’t leave me with that impression.

Back