Anderson Silva vs Jared Cannonier Odds

Christ if Silva can't get past Cannonier, he's gotta hang em up

Cannonier had his best win ever against Branch who's now pretty much past it, and has literally beaten nobody else of significance ever

Probably the best chance Andy has against anyone in the top 15

No, I don’t think you’re crazy. But I’m still not sure of my pick here. It’s like BJ Penn. you’d think a win should come at some point, right.

Mind you, it’s in Brazil, do that guitar dick twang thing and get through 3 rounds, and it’s in the bag.

Be smart here bettors. By that I mean don’t bet.

Silva could definatelly win against this wild brawler. If Silva feels like he wants to win.

Who is Jared Cannonier?
According the WME Cannonier is #10, Silva is #15.

Silva will throw 38 total strikes and lose by unanimous dec
If Silva wants to throw 38 strikes, Silva will throw 38 strikes and lose the fight by not throwing 41 strikes. He just doesn't give a damn any more.

I love Andy but I think he gets finished here. Cannonier is going to take him down and use his gnp to tko him.
Yeah but who has ever actually done that? Anderson is pretty slick at stalling from his back and showed in the Isreal fight he's still special on the feet so I would say he's a live dog here.

Although he is also my favorite fighter so like the TS this could be my bias and nostalgia getting the better of me but I can see him winning this and definitely can't see him getting TKOed on the ground.

The UFC giving Anderoid a chance to get a win in god knows how long. Anderoid has a habit of losing to cans though

Still can't believe this fight is happening. What a waste of possibly Anderson's last fight

Still can't believe this fight is happening. What a waste of possibly Anderson's last fight

Silva can actually humiliate the #13 Theodorus, a good retirement fight. The fight I was longing for was Luke Rockhold. Now or in their primes.

Silva by however he wants it.

Likely, a passive decision but he might get the KO

Anderson is getting knocked out cold. And the legacy continues to be eroded.

Anderson is getting knocked out cold. And the legacy continues to be eroded.
Just like he was getting KTFO by the so called p4p best striker in todays MMA?

<BC1>

Just like he was getting KTFO by the so called p4p best striker in todays MMA?

<BC1>
Cannonier hits much harder than Israel. I'm not scoffing, I'm a fan, he's a shell of what he once was.

Yeah but who has ever actually done that? Anderson is pretty slick at stalling from his back and showed in the Isreal fight he's still special on the feet so I would say he's a live dog here.

Although he is also my favorite fighter so like the TS this could be my bias and nostalgia getting the better of me but I can see him winning this and definitely can't see him getting TKOed on the ground.

I hear you bro. Andy is my fave after Fedor but I think his performance in the fight w Israel was due to the matchup. He'll always be slick on the feet. If Izy had more power though, that shot that staggered Andy in the first would've put him out. Cannonier has some actual power and if Andy plays his usual hands down style, he'll go out before it actually hits the ground. I think I'm just ready for him to hang em up.

I love Andy but I think he gets finished here. Cannonier is going to take him down and use his gnp to tko him.

Why would he take him down? I think he wants to stand and bang. He has a very good chance of cracking Silva. Dude hits like a truck.

I think Anderson wins too he's still pretty sharp. If it goes the distance he's not losing a decision in Brazil.

All I know is if Cannonier finishes Silva it’s not gonna make Adesanyas win over him look very good....I mean not like it was anyway.
<{1-17}>

Definitely agree. Doesn't really matter at this point because Adesanya v Gastelum was fucking awesome but yeah. People were pissing their pants about Silva v Adesanya and I thought it was a bit overrated

Jared Cannonier -154
Anderson Silva +126

Am I crazy to think that Silva is going to win this fight? I have always been a huge fan, and just a few months ago I thought he looked good enough to beat Cannonier. It is completely possible that I am biased toward Silva. He has always been a favorite of mine and I have been blessed enough to train with him in Miami. Does anyone else think there is money to be made here?
Off subject but judging by your AV, do you think St Anger is better than critics give it credit for? I think it’s an excellent album to work too.

Silva could definatelly win against this wild brawler. If Silva feels like he wants to win.

According the WME Cannonier is #10, Silva is #15.

If Silva wants to throw 38 strikes, Silva will throw 38 strikes and lose the fight by not throwing 41 strikes. He just doesn't give a damn any more.
For real?
Yes sir.

Well...you're honest

He's actually pretty good, champ material probably a stretch but i wouldn't rule out a top 5 spot, maybe even future title fight one way or another

I dont like Anderson chances here. He is 44, and Cannonier has pretty heavy hands and good boxing.

Not like Anderson will be shooting for takedowns.

Back