Media UFC 236 may have come in under 100k buys.

I think the short term gains & greed are gonna catch up to them.

How can you build new stars when casuals cant even watch the prelims?

How can you sell PPVs when it requires you to already be subscribed to a monthly service? An "app" that's more of a young people thing, the same demographic that free streams

What happens when Jones, DC & Conor leave? Diaz bros arent fighting, Anderson's almost done, Izzy's gonna get slaughtered sooner or later

Costa hypetrain and Jones are 1 pop away from permanent bannation, Romero's almost done, Aldo's on the way out, Holloway is a tad overhyped and wouldnt last long at LW, new belt looks like power rangers

What's this Rose--Jessica card gonna do? It's got like one good fight, and I haven't seen much promotion.

50k?
Wait until ufc 238. Aldo and Anderson still have followings. The June card is total dogshit

This was definitely a bad move putting the PPVs exclusively in ESPN +. Max vs Ortega 300k PPV(I believe ?) Donald Trunp calls Dana , Max vs Poirier in ESPN + with Israel and Kelvin in the co-main less than 100k

what does trump have to do with it. that right nothing

It’s still amazing how tech illiterate some people are.

Nobody sells anymore. And with the guaranteed ESPN deal they really need to get rid of fucking Jones*.

Won’t make the GSP fight. Won’t pay Brock.

ESPN blows.

gsp retiring after ufc 229 has nothing to do with it. brock getting cold feet has nothing to do with it.

espn plus is a steal for 5 bucks seeing all the other sports stuff with it.

No shit. U put a ppv only on espn + an it tanks for buys who could of guessed.

I watched it at bww so indirectly paid for it. Combination of interim titles and double paywall obviously had an effect.

Add this I have always had issues with freezing several times during a fight night but I had no issues with 236. That said people had options before now u vant even order thru ur tv anymore it must be on the website from ur computer.

gsp retiring after ufc 229 has nothing to do with it. brock getting cold feet has nothing to do with it.

They didn’t make the GSP fight, why? Both fighters wanted it and the fans wanted it. The story comes out that they wouldn’t pay Lesnar, why?

Are you shilling for the UFC, now?

GSP refused to come back until they could match that Under Armor money. Are you clueless? Do you realize how much sponsor money GSP was making in 2014?

They are pinching pennies now, and into the future.

Let me lay it out for you...

They are not bringing in two guys they believe will beat their champs for a mere 500K ppv. Especially when both cards would easily do 1M.

Two guys that will win and retire. Leaving the org looking as bush as a Southern 15 yr old.

As expected with the new set up but sherdog will claim UFC is dying lol.

The sherbros that get PPV points are gonna feel it the most.
Haven't heard of 65% of the last 3 cards when I'm used to hearing about 95% of them. So I've suddenly gone from knowing 95% of the fighters to now 35% immediately. That's a very big statement and bold fact. The first two fights on Saturday did not belong in the UFC or on television. The fights didn't even start until Sanchez vs... whatever his name was, not for sake of argument, I don't even remember punched Sanchez hard in the face. That was like 5 fights in.. (ESPN is dying too..it's become a Smith's song now.)

Expecting people to shell out 10 more dollars on top of the 60 dollar PPV is stupid. Greed and Dana White is the death of the UFC. Noone wants to buy stupid ESPN+

Are people really this stupid?

PPVs were previously 64.99

ESPN+ is 4.99
PPVs on ESPN+ are 59.99

Same cost. You aren't paying more. You're paying the same AND getting all the ESPN+ content.

UFC did the espn deal knowing PPV is a dying medium, instead now they get guaranteed money from ESPN and dont have to rely on a good buyrate, they also dont have to give the fighters as big of a cut from PPV points if they sell less ppvs. The ones being conned here are the fighters.

How can you sell PPVs when it requires you to already be subscribed to a monthly service? An "app" that's more of a young people thing, the same demographic that free streams

What happens when Jones, DC & Conor leave? Diaz bros arent fighting, Anderson's almost done, Izzy's gonna get slaughtered sooner or later

Costa hypetrain and Jones are 1 pop away from permanent bannation, Romero's almost done, Aldo's on the way out, Holloway is a tad overhyped and wouldnt last long at LW, new belt looks like power rangers
<{outtahere}>Power rangers got me

I present to you your savior and next PPV star
Ben-Askren.jpg

I mean, the event still did better than Bellator, which is all the UFC ever needs.

That's not true. They need to make enough to cover the loan that WMG took out in order to buy the UFC.

What you said would be true under the fertitas since everything above the peanuts that they paid for the UFC was just gravy. They are laughing their asses off.

Didn't Meltzer report that Brock asked for a lump sum because there is a paywall behind PPVs now, thus making PPV% less valuable? So yes, ESPN has everything to do with it.

Back