Got bamboozled by my wife’s friend today.

Dober4

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Last weekend we did something together with the kids and they said let’s do something Sunday, how about we come over for a cookout. She said she will show me how to cook sinigang (Filipino sour soup) in 15 minutes.

We said sure, I’m usually grilling on the weekend anyway so I got two racks of ribs to put on. Come today I get up at 7am put the ribs on and start cleaning the pool. They get here at 1130am we chat for a bit then I go back out to check the ribs and vacccum the pool.

Half hour later my wife comes out and says come here you have to see this. I’m thinking it’s her cooking the soup but nope it’s three people from Saladmaster with tons of equipment about to do what turned out to be almost 4 hours of cooking during a demonstration.

20 minutes into this I’m fucking livid because obviously my wife’s friend had them come without telling me or my wife ahead of time. I went back out and resumed what I was doing, going back in to refill my beers. The weekends, especially Sunday is our time to get shit done around the house because there isn’t much time after work during the week.

We obviously didn’t buy anything and learned from his spiel that she would have got 5% if we did. This shit was 150 bucks a month for 16 months. When we refused to buy anything he said he would give us it all for free if we did 30 shows in 90 days.

I’m seriously tempted to cut these people out of my life because that is incredibly ignorant to do that to someone. If I knew how long they were going to be here I would have immediately told them to leave but I was caught so off guard. I’m guessing that is part of the plan though because if they tell you ahead of time you will just say no.

Ribs still came out bomb though. Fuck saladmaster

It's your house, should of showed your balls and made them leave

Instantly would have told them to fuck off.

You sound absolutely destitute you can’t afford 150 a month for 16 months.
Also so rude.. it’s just 30 shows.

I came here thinking that your wife's friend was offering herself to you, leaving a bit dissapointed.

Bang the Filipino friend.

Last weekend we did something together with the kids and they said let’s do something Sunday, how about we come over for a cookout. She said she will show me how to cook sinigang (Filipino sour soup) in 15 minutes.

We said sure, I’m usually grilling on the weekend anyway so I got two racks of ribs to put on. Come today I get up at 7am put the ribs on and start cleaning the pool. They get here at 1130am we chat for a bit then I go back out to check the ribs and vacccum the pool.

Half hour later my wife comes out and says come here you have to see this. I’m thinking it’s her cooking the soup but nope it’s three people from Saladmaster with tons of equipment about to do what turned out to be almost 4 hours of cooking during a demonstration.

20 minutes into this I’m fucking livid because obviously my wife’s friend had them come without telling me or my wife ahead of time. I went back out and resumed what I was doing, going back in to refill my beers. The weekends, especially Sunday is our time to get shit done around the house because there isn’t much time after work during the week.

We obviously didn’t buy anything and learned from his spiel that she would have got 5% if we did. This shit was 150 bucks a month for 16 months. When we refused to buy anything he said he would give us it all for free if we did 30 shows in 90 days.

I’m seriously tempted to cut these people out of my life because that is incredibly ignorant to do that to someone. If I knew how long they were going to be here I would have immediately told them to leave but I was caught so off guard. I’m guessing that is part of the plan though because if they tell you ahead of time you will just say no.

Ribs still came out bomb though. Fuck saladmaster
that's how all MLMs work. They gas someone up, tell them to find ways to get in front of their friends, harass them into thinking they are failures if they can't and then your friends end up pissing you off by using what is supposed to be social moments to sell you shit.

Remember when Pre-paid legal was a thing? My wife and I had at least 2 different couples trying to sell us this bullshit all the time. Once an older guy I kind of respected invited me out to drinks, and I'm thinking this is cool I always because I thought he didn't notice me. I get there, his wife is there too. Strange, but whatever. We're drinking, laughing and out pops the Pre-paid legal brochures. I could have beat them both over the head with whiskey tumblers I was so pissed.

s-l1000.jpg

Ummm that's a good deal for all that saladmaster stuff. Only a buck fifty a month is legit, or u could just do the shows. U missed a great opportunity bro

Shoulda filled that kitchen with uppercuts, starting with your wife for having friends like that

Hahaha. I would have just stayed outside. Not your business imo. Let your wife deal with it.

Lol, smh.

I had a friend do the same with Cutco.

But I did buy some knives because I needed some. Still have them.

Back