Media UFC now forcing British fans to pay PPV fee to watch certain events on BT Sport

yeah, we don't get it for free either!

i pay £100 a month for cable, then £30 on top for BT sport (which i only get for the UFC), now they want another £20 per PPV, so in a roundabout way, £50 just for BT, your talking the equiv of say $60-$65 dollars a month for UFC

I'm not sure which was worse, the Brits who got every ppv in a monthly subscription telling us to stop complaining, or the american shills telling us $60/ppv is nothing and we shouldnt watch if we are too poor to pay $60/ppv every month.
Yup, and the money is the lesser of issues for me. At one time a PPV meant at least 2 title fights and the rest of the card was stacked. Now they've at least doubled the number of shows per year and diluted the shit out of the content, while still charging out the ass for every show. Fans are so used to cards falling flat that even a decent show makes them feel as though they just saw an awesome card. Sorry, but when 2 of the main card fights are replacements and every fight but one goes the distance, you just got ripped off. Add in that 20-25% of the main fights are WMMA and things become worse, at least until those divisions produce multiple quality fighters per WC. As long as viewers continue to financially support this format, the promotion has no incentive to improve its product.

Where are you? Bellator is on Skysports in the UK
im in PA. Didn't know Bellator was on UK channels. They dont advertize that on their site, only says dazn. Good to know. wish i would have known this last week, i wouldnt have had to dl a russian version the next morning.

Americans have to pay upwards of 100 a month just to watch basic fight nights. 65 for each PPV. You guys have had it easy.

no you dont.

basic fight nights are now on ESPN+ which is $6, anything called "UFC Fight Night" is ESPN+

Once a month or so you get "UFC ON ESPN" event which requires ESPN

Once a month you get a numbered event which is split across Espn and PPV

but all the basic fight nights are ESPN+ only

im in PA. Didn't know Bellator was on UK channels. They dont advertize that on their site, only says dazn. Good to know. wish i would have known this last week, i wouldnt have had to dl a russian version the next morning.
its split between C5 and Sky

UFC London for instance, prelims on Channel 5, Main card on Sky Sports

no you dont.

basic fight nights are now on ESPN+ which is $6, anything called "UFC Fight Night" is ESPN+

No they are not. I have ESPN+ ( $50/yr = less then $6/mo btw) But i had to click a link and sign into my cable tv provider proving i pay for ESPN and punch in a activation code on my Xbox One to watch the middle prelims.

No they are not. I have ESPN+ ( $50/yr = less then $6/mo btw) But i had to click a link and sign into my cable tv provider proving i pay for ESPN and punch in a activation code on my Xbox One to watch the middle prelims.

there are generally no middle prelims on fight nights.

upload_2019-6-17_17-19-32.png

upload_2019-6-17_17-20-2.png

upload_2019-6-17_17-22-47.png

upload_2019-6-17_17-23-55.png

the poster claimed they have to pay $100 cable just for "basic fight nights".. this is not true.

All the fight nights (highlighted red) are ESPN+ for five bucks

upload_2019-6-17_17-21-51.png

theres been the odd exception, cejudo v dillashaw had middle prelims that simulcasted espn2/espn+

no you dont.

All the fight nights are numbered. They refer to them as either UFC on ESPN+ or UFC on ESPN. And most of the time the prelims aren't even on ESPN+, they are on both ESPN and ESPN2.

View attachment 601275

View attachment 601277

View attachment 601281

View attachment 601283

the poster claimed they have to pay $100 cable just for "basic fight nights".. this is not true.

View attachment 601279

theres been the odd exception, cejudo v dillashaw had middle prelims that simulcasted espn2/espn+
What was last weeks event? I know for fact i had to sign into my cable tv provider to watch the prelims (not the early prelims) I don't see the relevance of a regular UFC event or a Fight night event because regardless, i still have to have a ESPN subscription from my cable tv and a ESPN+ subscription if i want to watch everything (legally anyways).

The $5 a month is well worth is for the fight nights and prelims. Regarding paying for ppvs, there may come a point in your life where stealing streams (that usually get shut down causing you to scramble to find other ones) is not an acceptable method to entertain guests. If you get 4 guys together, the PPV costs $15, and you could get yourself fed and drunk for another $15-20 a person. That's way cheaper than going out on a Saturday night.

View attachment 601275

View attachment 601277

View attachment 601281

View attachment 601283

View attachment 601279

The prelims were not on ESPN+ for any of these events:

UFC 238, Gustafsson v Smith, UFC 237, Jacare v. Hermansson, Overeem v. Oleynik, UFC 236, Barboza v. Gaethje, UFC 235, Błachowicz vs. Santos, Ngannou v. Velasquez, UFC 235, Cejudo v. Dillashaw,

Really infuriates me this. I basically have Virgin Media at about £70 per month purely because I get BT Sport, and I can record UFC events.
Just wanted to say sherbro there is never a recovery ofrom alcoholism. There is only a ochoice that you make revery day when you wake up and say your going to be sober today. And get a cat as your higher power. They are stupid and sweet. Your bro...octagon888.

Even whilst free, since going into recovery from alcoholism I wouldn't stay up until 3am start to watch a main card.

Like fuck would I pay £19.99 to watch a card that finishes at 6am local time. It's an absolute disgrace.

I am an avid fan of the sport and I wont pay for it, so I cant imagine that casual fans will. This is so detrimental for the development of the fan base here.

The prelims were not on ESPN+ for any of these events:

UFC 238, Gustafsson v Smith, UFC 237, Jacare v. Hermansson, Overeem v. Oleynik, UFC 236, Barboza v. Gaethje, UFC 235, Błachowicz vs. Santos, Ngannou v. Velasquez, UFC 235, Cejudo v. Dillashaw,

Why are you listing numbered events? FIGHT NIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU SAID "YOU HAVE TO PAY $100 CABLE JUST TO GET BASIC FIGHT NIGHTS"

upload_2019-6-17_17-56-17.png

A numbered event is not a "basic fight night" (once a month)

UFC on ESPN is not a "basic fight night"

The "Fight Nights" which is the majority of events, are on ESPN+, there have been two exceptions to that in 6 months, Cejudo v Dillashaw and Gustafsson v Smith were on ESPN2

but apart from that

of the eleven "Basic fight nights" all the main cards were on ESPN+, and 9 of the 11 prelims were on espn+

upload_2019-6-17_17-57-6.png

So no, you do not need to spend $100 a month on cable to get basic fight nights.. you can get them for $5.99

Anyway America, you dont HAVE to spend $100 on cable to get ESPN

Sling TV Orange - Includes ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN 3 - $25
ESPN+ $6
Monthly PPV - $60

Total monthly cost for all UFC events, $91

BT Sport without BT internet £39
PPV - £20
Fight Pass - for early prelims £5.99

Total cost for all UFC events £65.99 - $83

Poirier when asked about why the press conference was in London. Says he doesn't really know but thinks it's something to do with aiming at the European market.

And in the US if PPV was $20, most UFC fans would be thrilled to buy it. This is what being spoiled looks like.
Brits aren't "spoiled" by any stretch

They have to pay at least £40 per month for BTSport, and the cards don't start until 3am local time

Instead of being mad at the Brits, be mad at the UFC for price gouging

I stayed up till like 5.30 to watch Jones vs Cormier 1 and by the time it came on i was so tired i couldnt concentrate and didnt care who won anymore lol

Pretty sure there's an 8 hour time difference (at least from the westcoast) which would make there start times either 3am or 6am so I could see why they weren't being charged for PPV and the BT Sports deal probably made up for the lost PPV revenue and then some.
Yeah there have been a few fight cards at 5AM eastern time in the US and I couldn't bring myself to wake up to see it. I think it was a Mark Hunt fight. I couldn't imaging doing that every event but I'm sure they have a replay. I'd probably avoid the internet and watch that.

Anyway America, you dont HAVE to spend $100 on cable to get ESPN

Sling TV Orange - Includes ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN 3 - $25
ESPN+ $6
Monthly PPV - $60

Total monthly cost for all UFC events, $91

BT Sport without BT internet £39
PPV - £20
Fight Pass - for early prelims £5.99

Total cost for all UFC events £65.99 - $83

Why do you have fight pass for Europe but not America? And that would still be inaccurate because we still have to buy every ppv while you do not.

Back