Askren: "Delusional, unintelligent Nate Diaz not a threat, Pettis will kick his ass"

OzoneX

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
“When it gets down to it, I know Nate Diaz said he’s not a 155 pounder anymore or whatever bulls—t he says but at the end of the day, Nate Diaz is 1-3 at 170 [pounds]. Nate Diaz is a terrible 170-pounder and that’s all there is to it. Anthony versus Nate is going to be fun. I think Anthony is going to kick Nate’s ass and I don’t know that will really affect me that much.”

Askren gives Diaz credit for staying relevant after his last fight happened in 2016 but ultimately he doesn’t see him as a legitimate threat to the top contenders in the welterweight division including his teammate in Pettis.

“For what it’s worth, he does a great job making people interested in him. It’s a funny thing because to me he comes off as fairly unintelligent and he says some crazy s—t,” Askren said about Diaz. “Like where he said he’s the king of lightweights. It’s kind of funny. In a little demented way, he believes it even though there’s no way it’s close to actually being true. In the same way that a lot of people do, I find it entertaining and in another way it’s like holy s—t this guy is out of his damn mind.

“He is not a threat in the slightest bit to the welterweight division. I think we’re getting down to the point where he’s just delusional.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/7/...st-jorge-masvidal-blasts-delusional-nate-diaz

At least Nate comes to fight you pube headed idiot

- There is no promotion without fighters like Nate. Askren wouldn't have a career if everyone fought like him, no one would pay to see two equally skilled wrestlers with no stand up skills.

Last edited:
At least Nate comes to fight you pube headed idiot
upload_2019-7-2_13-5-41.png

Comes to fight
durr.gif
durr.gif

He’s right. But I think Diaz is a bad matchup for Pettis.

Don’t dislike Askren but I wish he’d focus his trash talk exclusively on his opponents. There is no reason to speak badly about Nate and it does not do Pettis any favors, if he wins he beat somebody who isn’t any good (according to Ben) and if he loses it was against someone who is not very good (according to Ben).

Nate finna pull up on Askren

Don’t dislike Askren but I wish he’d focus his trash talk exclusively on his opponents. There is no reason to speak badly about Nate and it does not do Pettis any favors, if he wins he beat somebody who isn’t any good (according to Ben) and if he loses it was against someone who is not very good (according to Ben).

It could set up a big name / winnable fight for him if Nate wins and wants to call out Askren for his remarks.

They are fighting at 170, Askren fights at 170

giphy.gif

Atleast Nate spent most of his career in the UFC fighting the best competition, he is delusional but he fought the best in his division. Askren hasnt done shit yet to shit down on any fighter is funny.

They are fighting at 170, Askren fights at 170

giphy.gif
Yes I am aware of this you obviously had a difficult time comprehending my post. When I talked about him basically saying win or lose this fight does nothing for Anthony Pettis I was referring to him talking about how Nate is 1-3 at 170 and a bad WW. But that went right over your head apparently and you made a Trump face upon attempting to grasp that?

Yes I am aware of this you obviously had a difficult time comprehending my post. When I talked about him basically saying win or lose this fight does nothing for Anthony Pettis I was referring to him talking about how Nate is 1-3 at 170 and a bad WW. But that went right over your head apparently and you made a Trump face upon attempting to grasp that?
Nate and Pettis both talk as if they are contenders at 170, Askren is saying they both don't stand a chance, which they dont. I don't understand what you don't understand?

It is the fight game, Askren is talking fighting.

giphy.gif

Nate and Pettis both talk as if they are contenders at 170, Askren is saying they both don't stand a chance, which they dont. I don't understand what you don't understand?

It is the fight game, Askren is talking fighting.

giphy.gif
You are aware Askren and Pettis are teammates right? I’d like to think Ben has enough class not to infer his teammate doesn’t stand a chance (and didn’t Pettis say he wanted to go back down to 155lbs). I’m going to assume you did not know they were teammates or forgot and are making your comments out of ignorance.

I love how Ben talks shit to absolutely anyone and everyone and gives no fucks

You are aware Askren and Pettis are teammates right? I’d like to think Ben has enough class not to infer his teammate doesn’t stand a chance (and didn’t Pettis say he wanted to go back down to 155lbs). I’m going to assume you did not know they were teammates or forgot and are making your comments out of ignorance.
No shit sherley, completely missing the point. You are crying about Askren commenting on Diaz but hes just telling it how it is.

Askren is top 5, Diaz isn't a top 20 WW

After nate beat the shit out of pettis i will come here again, askren is just a trash can fighter.

Back