PBP UFC 239: Jones vs. Santos - Main Card PBP Discussion - 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT

He walked him down for most of the fight but he didn't go for takedowns or really pinpoint the Injury. I don't knownifnitnwas respect for Thiago's power or if he was content to do a pseudo kickboxing, muay Thai fight.
I think he just felt uncomfortable committing to a takedown for fear of getting hit with something heavy. by staying mid to long range he can see everything coming

He was compromised. He couldn't chase Jones. He's honestly lucky he was able to finish the fight, let alone be in a position to win a decision. Most guys would have mentally checked out after being physically compromised. He's a real trooper. Literally.

Even disabled, when he went for him, he was close and that's what won him the fight on one of the scorecards. Problem was he only went for him twice a round. If he had done that a couple more times a round, I think he would won on the cards.

Brazilian Thor came to fight!

Congrats to Santos he made it a fight, he didn't conceded defeat like the last 2 opponents Jones had.

He walked him down for most of the fight but he didn't go for takedowns or really pinpoint the Injury. I don't knownifnitnwas respect for Thiago's power or if he was content to do a pseudo kickboxing, muay Thai fight.
Jon fought the best he could without being on gear. What you saw was the real Jon Jones.

Pretty good card when Sanchez is in arguably the worst fight. (Main)

What the hell was that? Was Jones trying to throw the fight?

It's like the judges were scoring every Santos knee buckle as a Jones strike.

Lol look at all you fickle bitches turning on your God.

Santos 1 2 5

Jones may have landed more of his weak ass leg and side kicks but Santos landed the much harder shots.

Jon Jones won 5-0. The guy is so great that hitting him with a couple of good shots wins you the round. LOL

Jon Jones at HW will be just more boring fights. Jon Jones is at a point where he is fighting not to lose, until you show him weakness.
I think the HW division presents Jones issues because he isn’t going to have the significant reach advantage as often. And some of those blocked shots, at HW, slip through a little with bigger gloves

How long before Dana petitions them to change that judge's card for a UD on Jones's record? Heh.

Congrats to Thiago Santos, the official lineal LHW champ now. When the majority of viewers smell a robbery then Jon is now a paper champ. Also not even close to the GOAT with that performance. and thats WITH turinabol in his system folks! Think about that.

I think he just felt uncomfortable committing to a takedown for fear of getting hit with something heavy. by staying mid to long range he can see everything coming

I'm generally surprised, I guess Thiago hits harder than I thought.

Styles Make fights makes me really curious how a match with Rumble would have gone. Jones TDs aren't as good as DCs so Rumble would have fair game right off the bat.

Jon has been coasting severely his last two fights. Need to tighten up.

He's actually been coasting a whole lot longer than that. You'll be shocked at how many 5 round decisions he's had. That's the real reason I stopped watching his fights past one round, I know if nothing happens right away it's not going to.

Jon Jones at HW will be just more boring fights. Jon Jones is at a point where he is fighting not to lose, until you show him weakness.

Santos showed him weakness, he showed the entire fuckin world who was watching that he had a bum leg. Jones did nothing. Anthony Smith showed weakness, he doesn't have a good gas tank if you push him and he was frozen with timidity the entire fight, Jones coasted. you can't do things like that vs HWs, because sooner or later the HWs will just come after you, and with the extra size and length a lot of them have, Jones won't be able to get away from them. not to mention the durability that a lot of them possess.

it's pretty clear Jon Jones is on the decline.

Gonna be the new Jones/Gus situation. So far the media is overwhelmingly giving the fight to Jones. But sherdog has forums full of people thinking it's bullshit.

2 of 3 sherdog editors give it to Jones

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platfor...eam-results-discussion-play-by-play-mma-event

https://thebodylockmma.com/ufc/ufc-239-jon-jones-vs-thiago-santos-play-by-play-live-updates-result/

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/07/ufc-2...unes-holly-holm-play-by-play-live-results/amp

We'll hear forever how Jones got worked and should have lost. He dominates the rematch and the forums flood with tears and rage.

GOAT gonna GOAT.

That's the biggest cop out catch phrase that the ufc has conditioned y'all parrots into repeating. Why should one fight be scored differently as any other, do you not see the conflict of inconsistency and bias That stupid unofficial rule has caused?

Sorry but can't agree with that.
it comes from champion retains the belt in the event of a draw. throw in some stupid and you have a recipe for a dumb, incorrect, idiom that has nothing to do with reality.

That's the biggest cop out catch phrase that the ufc has conditioned y'all parrots into repeating. Why should one fight be scored differently as any other, do you not see the conflict of inconsistency and bias That stupid unofficial rule has caused?

Sorry but can't agree with that.
My point 100% agrees with you

This was always bullshit in boxing, always

They literally meant that if you don’t get a KO you don’t win a decision, it was passed on to MMA because although not as corrupt as boxing, our sport is still as corrupt as any where 3 guys decide who wins a fight that goes to decision

It’s complete control of the process

Back