PBP UFC 239: Jones vs. Santos - Main Card PBP Discussion - 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT

Gonna be the new Jones/Gus situation. So far the media is overwhelmingly giving the fight to Jones. But sherdog has forums full of people thinking it's bullshit.

2 of 3 sherdog editors give it to Jones

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platfor...eam-results-discussion-play-by-play-mma-event

https://thebodylockmma.com/ufc/ufc-239-jon-jones-vs-thiago-santos-play-by-play-live-updates-result/

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/07/ufc-2...unes-holly-holm-play-by-play-live-results/amp

We'll hear forever how Jones got worked and should have lost. He dominates the rematch and the forums flood with tears and rage.

GOAT gonna GOAT.

The first reviewer gave 1 and 2 to Jones....that guy is retarded. I do think it was close and could have gone either way. But that dude giving Jones 1 and 2 is retarded

This fight showed no decline, he literally did not even TRY to clinch or wrestle.

yeah, that's called DECLINE. when you could easily win on the ground and you DON'T take it there, what is that saying? did you forget he's supposedly the highest fight IQ fighter? that's not high fight IQ kickboxing to a split decision with a 1 legged fighter.

I wanna watch the post fight pressers but these bitches need to change the format. Not tryna stair at an empty chair for an hour in between each fighter and even before the damn thing starts

Jones was sticking his open palms into Thiago's face all night.

HErb is useless.
He turned that bullshit up to 11 in the last round when it looked like he might lose. Cheating scumbag.

I’m starting to feel as if a Jones loss isn’t as unbelievable as I used to think.
LHW hasn’t been the strongest and Smith and Santos used to be a cut weight to be big at MW type but jones hasn’t looked too great against them.
Jones has a damn chin on him though.

How the hell did anyone score that for Jon? Dude missed the majority of his strikes. I had Santos up 4 to 1. At the minimum 3 to 1. Vegas just jobbed Santos out.
I don’t get it. I don’t even know if Jon threw 10 punches the whole fight. Did literally nothing. They both threw leg kicks and santos’ were much more damaging. Santos throwing the whole time on that busted knee. Only damage Thiago took was to himself when he hurt his own knee.

@Wadtucket

Our resident hairline and beauty speciliast, I am curious what you thought of the card? Any standout moments sir? :D
It was a 9.5/10 card

If the last fight hadn't sucked it would have been a 10

The Just Bleed Gods are pleased

Askren and Holm getting absolutely obliterated made me happier than I've been in a long time

HWs can't even fight for more than 2 rounds. Jon Jones is fighting not to lose. To me, he won 5-0 against Santos. All Santos did was defend himself with a couple of thigh kicks per round, but because Jon Jones is so good, those strikes get overrated.

Jon Jones is not on a decline. He is not that far ahead of the competition. He is little bit overrated because he crushed a lot of brand-name champions and former champions.
{<jordan}

I’m just happy my boy George won in spectacular fashion
MASVIDAL IS THE NEW NEEDLE MOVER
Been a fan of his forever
would love to see him fight somebody like Nate

Fuck I didn’t even hit the weed much tonight cuz the fights were so banging
Time to fix that.

Yes wouldn't want life to get in the way of your drug use.

and my point is, how is Jon going to coast those other rds? he's not, he's going to have to endure and eat shots, and i do not think Jones can eat shots from HW strikers like JDS, Ngannou etc.,

the fight doesn't start in rd 4 and 5 with the HW gassed, you have to FIGHT in order to gas them and when he fights he's risking a whole lot more than the HW is.
Are they going to reach his chin? You act like a lot of the HW’s have great technique or utilize kicks enough to make Jones drop his guard

HWs can't even fight for more than 2 rounds. Jon Jones is fighting not to lose. To me, he won 5-0 against Santos. All Santos did was defend himself with a couple of thigh kicks per round, but because Jon Jones is so good, those strikes get overrated.

Jon Jones is not on a decline. He is not that far ahead of the competition. He is little bit overrated because he crushed a lot of brand-name champions and former champions.

you're missing the point, HWs have weaknesses, i'm not denying this, BUT in order to take advantage of their weaknesses Jones has to SURVIVE 2 ENTIRE ROUNDS. you don't think Stipe or Ngannou aren't eventually going to come after him and let the hands go on him? if they do that, i personally don't think Jones can handle the power.

but it's just my opinion.

I wanna watch the post fight pressers but these bitches need to change the format. Not tryna stair at an empty chair for an hour in between each fighter and even before the damn thing starts
It used to be much better when they had everyone up. I would actually watch them then.

It was a 9.5/10 card

Askren and Holm getting absolutely obliterated made me happier than I've been in a long time

Could you imagine if thaigo hadnt fucked up his knee? Would been great. What a fucking warrior

I’m starting to feel as if a Jones loss isn’t as unbelievable as I used to think.
LHW hasn’t been the strongest and Smith and Santos used to be a cut weight to be big at MW type but jones hasn’t looked too great against them.
Jones has a damn chin on him though.
Smith just merc'd Aleks in Sweden so perhaps they aren't so bad just not able to get to the next level. Smith could have opened up a bit more in his fight though .

It was a 9.5/10 card

Thank you Lord Tucket :) GOAT of Sherdog Bless.

Awesome card, even with the salty finish (atleast for me not everyone ofcourse) i still really enjoyed it. Cant wait to see the content that pops up haha

That's how I feel too man....

Anyone giving Jones the first round should stop watching MMA and find an easier sport to follow...like professional cup and ball.

iu

Back