• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Why is basketball players looked up to as the greatest athletes?

Are basketball players the best athletes?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Takes_Two_To_Tango

The one who doesn't fall, doesn't stand up.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
And that they can transition to MMA better than any other athlete from any sport. According to Sherdog.

Biggest tallest yet still mobile humans in a very fast paced sport. The slow twitched flabby Ben Askren's of the world get weeded out fast.
john-wall.gif

People always assume big black dudes are the best fighters

A level athletes with long reach

Basically Jon Jones on steroids

Because they get paid the most. (together with football)

So people with the most athletic habilities/genetically gifted would tend to flock in that direction, making the cut a lot harder

I imagine thats the most acceptable line of thinking. Am i wrong sherbros? Thats what i always thought

Last edited:
And that they can transition to MMA better than any other athlete from any sport. According to Sherdog.

Because they tend to be the best athletes especially going forward. Most popular youth sport that the best athletes in the US tend to be drawn to.

Obviously not everyone in the NBA would be able to translate to being in a sport where you get punched in the face though but obviously MMA is not for everyone.

Big, tall, coordinated guys who play a dynamic sport making the right decisions in miliseconds

You can't ask for more than that

Id gowith basketball or soccer. When they've done studies on athletes and taken athletes from different sports and have them do all sports the basketball and soccer players have always done the best at other sports other then their sport they get paid at.

The idea that there is a single type of best athlete is ridiculous. Different sports require different types of athletic abilities, physical attributes and body types. Look at the Olympics, the athletes of different sports look vastly different.

Last edited:
Strong, tall and fast.
They're not the best, alot say that they would make good MMA fighters because of their physique, athletecism and fitness.

Most decorated striker in mma history:

51556525_398473117624261_2314474453663333176_n.jpg

Division II college basketball player:

travis-browne-ufc-fight-night-81.jpg

tumblr_n8zvu4IBkY1ry1rm7o2_400.gif

Because they get paid the most. (together with football)

So people with the most athletic habilities would tend to flock in that direction, making the cut a lot harder

I imagine thats the most acceptable line of thinking. Am i wrong sherbros?
This was my thought. If i was the perfect athlete and had a choice of any sport id go with basketball(actually id probably be a formula1 driver but thats different). Less chance of permanent damage than football

Id gowith basketball or soccer. When they've done studies on athletes and taken athletes from different sports and have them do all sports the basketball and soccer players have always done the best at other sports other then their sport they get paid at.
No way a basketball or especially a soccer dude could transition to MLB. Hitting a baseball is one of the hardest things to do in major sports, IMO. We saw how shitty Michael Jordon did. Bo Jackson is different because he grew up playing baseball some, and not transitioning from football to baseball in college or later.

But back on topic basketball players generally have a longer reach and are taller so that is the perfect body type. Tall and lanky guys with good explosion. Shertards are so retarded in this regard.

Because for most people is impossible to dunk and they can do it effortless.

Athletic, exhibit both slow and fast twitch muscles, in excellent shape, deceptively strong, excellent hand/eye coordination (trying springting up and down a court while bouncing a basketball ball in front of you, etc.

Not taking anything away from other sports; honestly an argument could be made for any sport but imo basketball players are the best athletes.

Back