Dan Hooker: I was being a little bitch in the Edson Barboza fight

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
He briefly mentioned his previous fight against Barboza, the criticism he received, and why he shouldn’t have to explain his performance.

“It was what it was. There are two people I gave an explanation to in the entire world and that’s my mother and my wife. And besides that, I don’t feel like anyone else is entitled to a genuine explanation. The people that are close enough to me know that to me, it’s just water off a duck’s back. That by far is my first ass-whooping and I can guarantee you it’s not going to be the last one.”

“I thought I was being a little bitch on the night, I was having one of my softer days.”

https://thebodylockmma.com/ufc/dan-hooker-says-he-was-being-a-little-btch-in-edson-barboza-fight/

Gotta agree with Dan here. Most Sherdoggers could have gutted it out to the end of round 3.

Too tough for his own good.
Exciting fighter, young and hungry, he will get over the Barboza beatdown and be back better than ever.
Can't wait for him to smash Vick into the mud.

All i know about Dan that he has a heart of lion and he is not quiter that sh1t from Edson was brutal. Hespect

I was baffled by his gameplan. Trade at mid range vs Barboza, no pressure, and low volume. Granted it was going to be a tough out for him even well prepared.

A ton of toughness that didn't really need to be shown with a corner and ref more interested in fighter safety(esp. one widely outmatched).

Hope the beating he took isn't one of those that changes a career

I was baffled by his gameplan. Trade at mid range vs Barboza, no pressure, and low volume. Granted it was going to be a tough out for him even well prepared.

A ton of toughness that didn't really need to be shown with a corner and ref more interested in fighter safety(esp. one widely outmatched).
I think his gameplan fell apart in the first round when he got hit with a overhand that shattered his orbital (I think?) and concussed him. He said that he wasn’t really in the fight after that, just cruising on autopilot.

Barboza has that power in his strikes that can make guys freeze and lost focus.

You've gotta have "it" to beat him, or just getl lucky. You can be as technically sound as they come but part of being a great mma fighter is you have to be tough as nails

Barboza punched a fuckin dent in his face and he didn’t even flinch, what a lil bitch!!

Like fuck he was, that mfer took more of a beating in that fight than some do ina whole career

Max Holloway 2018 - It is what it is.

Dan Hooker 2019 - It was what it was.

We're advancing as a society guys.

His gameplan was just off.
If you trade shots with Barboza at kicking range, you will get hurt for sure.
Needed to pressure. Its a known fact that Barboza lost to every pressure fighter he faced

Back