cejudo can beat frankie...

I think that would be a problem.
That would do the very thing people complain about with a champ running off to a different weight class, hold up the division. Edgar would be jumping the line (just like henry did).

Moraes needs his title shot.

Flyweight needs to get axed if they aren't going to have an active champion.

Moraes just had his title shot...

He said in his fight with Marlon that he was 155lbs in the cage. He said it right after the fight in an interview

We have Cejudo's fight night weights, and it's not 155. He would probably have to add mass to get there, and that would be questionable.
The reported weights for the second Mighty Mouse fight weren’t accurate. According to the weights Mighty Mouse was heavier, and Mighty Mouse was 140 I think. There’s no way Cejudo was the lighter guy in the cage that night.

There’s an interview where Cejudo says that his weight was taken before he could rehydrate (or something along those lines), but I don’t know where to find it.

He said in his fight with Marlon that he was 155lbs in the cage. He said it right after the fight in an interview
Very skeptical that was his actual weight that night. He was 141 on fight night when he rematched DJ. I suspect that he wasn't done putting weight back on, but that should be close. His statement would imply he stacked on 10-15 lbs when he moved up, which seems unlikely, especially considering he isn't at BW full time yet. 155 would mean he is bigger than Dillashaw, which clearly isn't the case eyeballing those two standing next to each other.

The reported weights for the second Mighty Mouse fight weren’t accurate. According to the weights Mighty Mouse was heavier, and Mighty Mouse was 140 I think. There’s no way Cejudo was the lighter guy in the cage that night.

There’s an interview where Cejudo says that his weight was taken before he could rehydrate (or something along those lines), but I don’t know where to find it.
Got me right after I posted, but I agree that it doesn't make sense. But it should be close and within a few pounds considering it was done that afternoon/evening I'd imagine.

Moraes just had his title shot...
Yeah I got nothing. I watched that fight and commented in the live thread. CTE is a bitch.

I'll leave the post unedited to get mocked for it though. :)

EDIT***

https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/152546953/

I also am pretty sure I talked a bunch of shit afterwards about how Moraes would win the rematch.

Fuck is going on with my brain. Had a death in the family last week that hit me pretty hard, maybe that shit just still has my thoughts all cloudy.

Last edited:
Got me right after I posted, but I agree that it doesn't make sense. But it should be close and within a few pounds considering it was done that afternoon/evening I'd imagine.
I didn’t quite understand it all. I would say Cejduo had to have been at least 145 for the second Mighty Mouse fight. I thought he looked huge and I wouldn’t be surprised if he was in the low 150s.

I'm talking immediately after his fight at BW with Moraes. He does am interview with Olivi and says " I was 155 in there tonight"

I didn’t quite understand it all. I would say Cejduo had to have been at least 145 for the second Mighty Mouse fight. I thought he looked huge and I wouldn’t be surprised if he was in the low 150s.
Like I said in my other post, I just suspect he wasn't done rehydrating, eating and MM was. Although keep in mind MM is bigger than most people think. I would consider low 150s very unlikely for a FW contest, I've only heard of a few fighters making that trip. Low 150s is BW sized and Cejudo is smaller than a lot of elite BWs.
I'm talking immediately after his fight at BW with Moraes. He does am interview with Olivi and says " I was 155 in there tonight"
Got that part. What I'm saying is fighters exaggerate their weights sometimes, plus plenty of dumb shit has been said immediately after fist fights, particularly ones where the fighter probably received a concussion, like Cejudo did.

Yeah I know. I didn’t mean to quote you buddy.

When Avenue was referring to the fight night weights, I assumed he was referring to the weights released from the second fight with MM, as I am unaware of any released weights for his fight against Marlon, but I wasn’t paying much attention to sherdog and MMA news during that period.

Like I said in my other post, I just suspect he wasn't done rehydrating, eating and MM was. Although keep in mind MM is bigger than most people think. I would consider low 150s very unlikely for a FW contest, I've only heard of a few fighters making that trip. Low 150s is BW sized and Cejudo is smaller than a lot of elite BWs.

Got that part. What I'm saying is fighters exaggerate their weights sometimes, plus plenty of dumb shit has been said immediately after fist fights, particularly ones where the fighter probably received a concussion, like Cejudo did.
150 plus is huge for Flyweight with the percentage of body weight but Cejduo is carrying a ton of muscle and has always had problems making the weight. I’d say 145 plus at least but who knows.

150 plus is huge for Flyweight with the percentage of body weight but Cejduo is carrying a ton of muscle and has always had problems making the weight. I’d say 145 plus at least but who knows.
145 would be my guess as well. 155 most likely not for FW, and probably not for BW, considering he only had 6 months between FW and BW and he plans on returning to FW it seems, which would make adding then losing 10 lbs a pain in the ass.

Maybe he can try actually defending one of his belts first.
He defended the Flyweight title against TJ and knocked him out in 30 seconds, brah. The reason he got a BW title shot in the first place is because he and TJ were going to run it back. The narrative that Henry isn't defending is ridiculous.

I think that would be a problem.
That would do the very thing people complain about with a champ running off to a different weight class, hold up the division. Edgar would be jumping the line (just like henry did).

Moraes needs his title shot.

Flyweight needs to get axed if they aren't going to have an active champion.
Moraes just lost lol

Two Mexicans who likes to bang. It will be like the Barrera/Morales wars.

We have Cejudo's fight night weights, and it's not 155. He would probably have to add mass to get there, and that would be questionable.

Fight night weight is not walk around weight, buddeh.

Yeah I got nothing. I watched that fight and commented in the live thread. CTE is a bitch.

I'll leave the post unedited to get mocked for it though. :)

EDIT***

https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/152546953/

I also am pretty sure I talked a bunch of shit afterwards about how Moraes would win the rematch.

Fuck is going on with my brain. Had a death in the family last week that hit me pretty hard, maybe that shit just still has my thoughts all cloudy.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Fight night weight is not walk around weight, buddeh.
Yes, but fight night weight is more relevant for this discussion as we are talking what Cejudo would weigh fight night and in shape.

That could very well be a good fight and I wouldn’t count Henry out at all.

I still gotta see a vintage Frankie effort tonight though and see if he can get through the buzzsaw that is Max.

Back