How much do you spend on food each month?

Lubaolong

RETIRED
@Steel
Reaction score
How much you spending, what's a typical meal, and how many people are you feeding? If you're not making amazing food, why not?

Since buying a grill early this month, I've been cooking a lot more at home, eating better food, and saving some cash.

I've been trying to collect delicious recipes and how-to videos from celebrity chefs like Gordon Ramsay. It's kind of life changing when you follow a youtube video and then create stuff that's more delicious than what you've been wasting a lot more money on at your local fine dining restaurant.

Yesterday for lunch I made some gnocchi and shared a chicken salad sandwich with the wife.
5d0245da2100003711ef2646.jpeg

Dinner ate a 20 oz NY strip, cheesy polenta, and asparagus. Fucking amazing food.

Making a cheese souffle today for lunch
3301720.jpg

Going to make some scallops, steak, cauliflower puree, broccolini, and a chocolate/raspberry souffle tonight.

Do6r88bXkAAxKXu.jpg

This stuff is pretty easy to do. Lots of resources for cooking amazing shit online. Thank god for the internet and youtube.

I live by myself and have no idea how much I spend. Hate cooking and love drinking

$60 a week for dinners via Blue Apron. $40-60 a week at the supermarket for fruit, bread, eggs, milk, and other snacks and household items. I try to eat out only twice per month so that's a other $75-$150.

So I guess about $600 a month, roughly.

Family of 4 and I think we spend about $1100 per month on food

1000-1500 a month easy every month.

Roughly 200-250 a week at the grocery store, plus random out to eats.

Kids eat a lot <45>

alot, mostly alcohol but i basically dont cook anything besides meat on the bbq, i get take out all the time

If i had to guess id say $400 a month including beer

$90. Chicken breast (1 lb/ day), pasta, rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes, beans, 1-2 lbs of vegetables a day.

Between 10-20 bucks a day(No kids/Wife)

So

30 X 10 = 300

Around 300 bucks a month

Around $600 for 3 of us per month but we have a big garden and harvest a lot of vegetables and such- and we do that twice per year.

1000-1500 a month easy every month.

Roughly 200-250 a week at the grocery store, plus random out to eats.

Kids eat a lot <45>

We're 4/5 right now (my father in Law is currently staying with us), and we spend probably 400$ plus per week on food.

2 weeks ago I went to Costco and spent 330$. 2 days later my wife went to the local Save-On-Foods and spent another 200$, then 2 days after that she went to Costco again and spent another 240$.

Almost 800$ in like 5 days. Fuck me.

Food is our second highest expense a month after the mortgage.

Usually under $400 CDN (for two), but the wife has been gone for the past 8 days and I'm making gravlax right now and generally eating more garbage... I'd add another $150.

Damn TS I have made gnocchi in such a long time. I am thinking university. Its a lot of work.

I think I spend about $150/w or $600/mth as a single person. Fresh wild seafood is not cheap and is a staple in my diet.

Way too much. Went through a period where I spent hundreds each month ordering doordash. Trying to cut back and prepare less expensive meals

Too much and especially when I go out with my girl.

Too many great food options in downtown Toronto.

500$ groceries a month- Family of 4 at 125$ a week.

About 50 a week on Fast-food so another 200

About 100 on booze for the month.

So about 800 a month.

How much you spending, what's a typical meal, and how many people are you feeding? If you're not making amazing food, why not?

Since buying a grill early this month, I've been cooking a lot more at home, eating better food, and saving some cash.

I've been trying to collect delicious recipes and how-to videos from celebrity chefs like Gordon Ramsay. It's kind of life changing when you follow a youtube video and then create stuff that's more delicious than what you've been wasting a lot more money on at your local fine dining restaurant.

Yesterday for lunch I made some gnocchi and shared a chicken salad sandwich with the wife.
5d0245da2100003711ef2646.jpeg

Dinner ate a 20 oz NY strip, cheesy polenta, and asparagus. Fucking amazing food.

Making a cheese souffle today for lunch
3301720.jpg

Going to make some scallops, steak, cauliflower puree, broccolini, and a chocolate/raspberry souffle tonight.

Do6r88bXkAAxKXu.jpg

This stuff is pretty easy to do. Lots of resources for cooking amazing shit online. Thank god for the internet and youtube.

Did you ever buy that boat you were talking about a while back?

Prolly get more use and pleasure from the grill?

A shit load. .and it's only my wife and I.

She's slowly replaced all our less expensive brands with top of the line everything. We spend at least 200, usually more like 250 week in groceries. Eat out usually 1 dinner a week and oddly enough it's cheaper than cooking...usually Chipotle or other fast casual.
Add in another 60 month on coffee...80 or so on booz, and the occasional expensive night out and we're easily at 1200.

Back