What do you think Cyborg is feeling at this exact moment?

MescalineDreams

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Regret? Sadness? Kinda feel bad for her. She's sweet as a human being but her professional decisions have been a bit questionable

Though at the same time I respect her more than others for standing up against oppression, strong arm tactics and relative low balling contracts. One day we will look back on the percentages of revenue given to fighters compared with other sports and acknowledge how fucked fighters truly are.. We might hate people like cyborg or whoever else stands up against it, but what they're doing is really a response to this monopoly that the UFC has over mma.

Where does she go from here?

I know people hate her here but I hope she makes bank in bellator or wherever she ends up

She definitely not feeling like a lady.....

giphy.gif

I think Cyborg wants to fight Nunes and that it might still happen. I feel Dana was right when he suggested she didn't know what her management team were doing.

Maybe Team Cyborg realise that Cris will never beat Nunes, wanted her to go to Bellator with her fanbase still convinced she was the goat who had been screwed by the UFC.

So how does Cris feel at the moment? I'd say confused.

Coker's already making her offers. So she's probably feeling great. She stood up for herself and should be proud for that, instead of licking the boots of a company that treated her badly.

Cyborg is awesome, go get those offers girlfriend, you deserve it !

She and her management team are idiots and let emotions get the better of them. If she's truly released, then that's it. She never will be back. The UFC won't have her.

If she would have stayed, she would fight Nunes and IMO had a 50/50 chance of getting her belt back. If she would have she would be back to 500K plus 40k Reebok plus PPV points. But now the most she will ever get is probably $150K to $200K with no other money or PPV points. She will get to chose her sponsors, but I really doubt she would get beyond $40K a fight total.

Even if she didn't get the belt back she would still probably make about the same amount in the UFC, probably $200K (no PPV, $10K Reebok), but she would get more exposure because she's in the UFC. And after a few fights, she would get another chance to fight for the belt again.

This probably cost her in future career earnings at least mid 7 figures.

Cyborg vs who in Bellator?

Cyborg vs Gabi Garcia in Rizin *special no drug testing rules

Relief she doesn’t have to fight nunes again

Ecstatic as she plans her next cycle of anabolics without the looming fear of being tested.

She repeatedly said she wanted to fight Nunes. Dana White lied and repeatedly said she didn't when the issue was negotiating the pay, not accepting the fight. So she pushed back against all the rude comments and lies he made in the past about her and he threw a temper tantrum.

I think she's probably feeling pretty good because she can hold her head up and walk away from that shit show. Sure she'd love to get the Amanda fight back. And for the fans that is the only WMMA fight that can pull the numbers male headliners can. But whatever. I don't think Dana realizes how much he just damaged his brand letting one of the 2 best female fighters in the world go. It hurts Amanda's brand not getting a second fight too.

Bad all around. All Dana had to do was meet her at the negotiating table.

Probably disappointed but can still sleep at night. She's smart enough to know her choice was to eat shit or walk like many before her have had to decide. There isn't a price on her pride. I can respect that.

Cyborg's mind right now:
"No UFC? No USADA? Let's open the PED's stash girls!"

She and her management team are idiots and let emotions get the better of them. If she's truly released, then that's it. She never will be back. The UFC won't have her.

If she would have stayed, she would fight Nunes and IMO had a 50/50 chance of getting her belt back. If she would have she would be back to 500K plus 40k Reebok plus PPV points. But now the most she will ever get is probably $150K to $200K with no other money or PPV points. She will get to chose her sponsors, but I really doubt she would get beyond $40K a fight total.

Even if she didn't get the belt back she would still probably make about the same amount in the UFC, probably $200K (no PPV, $10K Reebok), but she would get more exposure because she's in the UFC. And after a few fights, she would get another chance to fight for the belt again.

This probably cost her in future career earnings at least mid 7 figures.
LOL you have no idea about her sponsors. She could make 7 figures from winning the PFL tournament alone.

Back