is welterweight the weakest it's ever been?

09121c52447539c304606d9201e43b7e.gif

Yeah, Colby, Wonderboy, Masvidal, Robbie, Edwards and Usman wouldn't survive 2 minutes in there with Matt Serra

Kind of funny that people said GSP wouldn't be able to handle the "new breed" of guys like Woodley and Lawler (and Lombard at the time). But now that Usman and Colby put whoopings on both of them, it's weaker than ever?

Kind of funny that people said GSP wouldn't be able to handle the "new breed" of guys like Woodley and Lawler (and Lombard at the time). But now that Usman and Colby put whoopings on both of them, it's weaker than ever?

GSP destroys every WW confirmed and verified

<WellThere>

It's just not fun.

Karma for hating GSP imo.

WW division seems pretty good to me. Maybe not the biggest names, but certainly good fighters. I don't like Covington at all, but I give him all the credit in the world for this last fight. Not to many make Robbie Lawler look terrible, but he did. Even beat him in the stand up! Who saw that happening? He may well be champion soon.

It's pretty strong.....I mean Woodley is one of the best WWs ever, arguably number 2 all time and their are two guys that are clearly better than him in Usman and Colby.

Talent wise I think its the best its ever been tbh. Minus GSP of course.

It's a shame that GSP won't come back and fight Usman/Colby/Woodley. Those matchups would be so much fun.

Are you referring to skillset because the Hughes error compared to talent pool now should be night and day different.

In terms of the style of fights being less exciting than previously, I believe you can argue it's not.

Welterweight is the best it's ever been. Usman, Covington, Woodley, Lawler, Wonderboy, Till(?), Edwards, Ponzinibbio, Askren, RDA and now Pettis and Nate. I'm having fun.

Welterweight is the best it's ever been. Usman, Covington, Woodley, Lawler, Wonderboy, Till(?), Edwards, Ponzinibbio, Askren, RDA and now Pettis and Nate. I'm having fun.

Most depth, with wrestler/pressure fighters being the most dominant.

That said, aside from the strikers (Masvidal, Ponz, Till, Wonderboy, RDA, Robbie), many/most of the top wrestlers are not particularly exciting to watch. They're just super effective.

I'm not sure how the welterweight division can be weak, when a former champion, Lawler, has lost 4 out of his last 5 fights. :confused:

I get that he's getting older, but he sure didn't seem shot in his previous fight. Last night was rough, but Colby might be that good.

That shit pains me to say, because Colby is an ignorant moron of epic proportions, but you have to recognize his win yesterday.

People saying that had no idea what they're talking about.

No other welterweight past or present is in the same league as GSP. Usman and Colby are strong fighters, but they're far too limited to give GSP a hard time. Woodley's only chance was to land that one punch, and seeing as everybody knows it, there was never any chance it was going to land.

It’s incredibly stacked. The competition is ridiculous. I would say a lot of the fighters in it are not the most entertaining though

Its just a dumb post from TS, nobody actually thinks that way. Welterweight is greatest it has ever been, GSP would a have a tough fight against the top 3 and hes the GOAT

Back