Pettis vs Diaz - Easy night for Nate? Is Pettis going in too deep too fast?

That was exactly my point in the whole post (how Pettis forever gets written off by a handful of fans).
I think due to his performances against Eddie, poirer, barboza and max he led a few people on to believe he was done.

I think we will be pleasantly surprised.

:)

Pettis' striking is only impressive when his legs are involved. His hands are mediocre and always have been, he's being heavily overrated in here.

That said, this is a war.

I think due to his performances against Eddie, poirer, barboza and max he led a few people on to believe he was done.

I think we will be pleasantly surprised.

:)

Yeah, I hope so :) I'm not sure if you saw my post about the Facebook story I mentioned where I commented on one of the posts there as everyone (and I mean everyone) was saying Wonderboy got the fight easily and I put a comment saying something along the lines of "I don't know you know, I wouldn't write Pettis off and I can see Pettis getting that if I'm honest", I ended up being inundated with replies such as "You know nothing about MMA", "Don't be stupid", "Pettis has ZERO chance" etc. to the point where I deleted the comment cause I was sick of the notifications and the shit people were saying to me and what happened, Pettis won and it really didn't surprise me.

I probably should have kept the comment but I'm not really the kind who likes to go "Told you so" however it was doing my head in all these people telling me I knew nothing and all that crap however I knew Pettis could do it, even if the odd's were against him I could see things in his game where he could win which apparently weren't there and I had no clue but ya know, ah well :)

Pettis has just moved to WW with one win, Diaz has a 2-3 record at the weight.

Nate's 3-3 at WW with two of them being split/majority decions. He could very well be 5-1 at the UFC WW with only loss being Rory. And Nate got bigger in his last WW fight, so I assume he'll do better. I definetely think Nate is far better at WW than LW. He can't make LW anymore anyways. He was missing the 156-pound limit back in the days. Nowadays I bet he has trouble making 171.

Nate's 3-3 at WW with two of them being split/majority decions. He could very well be 5-1 at the UFC WW with only loss being Rory. And Nate got bigger in his last WW fight, so I assume he'll do better. I definetely think Nate is far better at WW than LW. He can't make LW anymore anyways. He was missing the 156-pound limit back in the days. Nowadays I bet he has trouble making 171.

Yeah I know :) I went by the reports on that as Forbes and all the reports have Nate as 2-3 there, so he's been written off by that for some reason not taking in account the whole making weight thing I reckon.

Here's an example but it goes to show how the fighters get written off sometimes.

The fight will be contested at 170 pounds in the welterweight division. Pettis just moved up to welterweight and scored a highlight-reel KO over Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson in March. Diaz has had five fights at welterweight in the UFC, and he hasn't been all that successful. He's 2-3 at the weight.

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianm...you-should-know-about-the-fight/#3ab23298589f

However it's on them all, it seems like people have written that off for some reason but you're absolutely right anyway, honestly, I find it really hard to call the fight personally and I am genuinely quite torn on it. I think a lot of it for me is Nate's inactivity but then there's so many things on the flip side too but yeah, he no doubt is better at WW, it looks more comfortable for him.

This is the thing I think Darren Till really needs to do, he's been looking not too great on the scales in some of his last few fights and I can't see how this has benefit him in any way, have a listen to this what Kenny Florian says here, I was thinking the exact same thing for a while when he said this :)

I kinda feel Till should really move up to Middleweight.

Pettis just fought and beat Thompson. How on earth is this too deep??? Lol.

Nate hasn't fought in years. I fancy prime Nate over prime Pettis just from a style point of view but this will be a scrap. Pettis needs to stick to kicks Nate needs to be on his A game and be the bully and out work Pettis.
Exactly my thoughts

The amount of people picking Nate in this fight is ridiculous...
<LikeReally5>

Blueprint for Nate is very clear but if Pettis can't move away and keep range he will crumble under pressure. Nate will win IF he can force exchanges

From the Mcgregor fight, we still see Diaz having the same problem with leg kicks, if he struggle to deal with Mcgregor Leg kicks, imagine what Pettis will do to him.

i have Pettis winning by KO

Yeah, I hope so :) I'm not sure if you saw my post about the Facebook story I mentioned where I commented on one of the posts there as everyone (and I mean everyone) was saying Wonderboy got the fight easily and I put a comment saying something along the lines of "I don't know you know, I wouldn't write Pettis off and I can see Pettis getting that if I'm honest", I ended up being inundated with replies such as "You know nothing about MMA", "Don't be stupid", "Pettis has ZERO chance" etc. to the point where I deleted the comment cause I was sick of the notifications and the shit people were saying to me and what happened, Pettis won and it really didn't surprise me.

I probably should have kept the comment but I'm not really the kind who likes to go "Told you so" however it was doing my head in all these people telling me I knew nothing and all that crap however I knew Pettis could do it, even if the odd's were against him I could see things in his game where he could win which apparently weren't there and I had no clue but ya know, ah well :)
Lmao that’s hilarious. But the funniest thing is Facebook ufc fans are among the worst of the worst!!! And they are so much worse than what we have here. I’d love to say they are just a bunch of little kids posting but you can see their so and you know they are damn grown adults unlike here unless you know the poster lol.

I’m not the biggest fan of wondercan at all, actually can’t stand him lol. So straight off the bat I was saying pettis was gonna fuck him up and knock him out! And here lol nearly everyone was the same as your Facebook story and calling bullshit and pettis was gonna get worked lol. Thank fuck be pulled off that ko!

Lmao that’s hilarious. But the funniest thing is Facebook ufc fans are among the worst of the worst!!! And they are so much worse than what we have here. I’d love to say they are just a bunch of little kids posting but you can see their so and you know they are damn grown adults unlike here unless you know the poster lol.

I’m not the biggest fan of wondercan at all, actually can’t stand him lol. So straight off the bat I was saying pettis was gonna fuck him up and knock him out! And here lol nearly everyone was the same as your Facebook story and calling bullshit and pettis was gonna get worked lol. Thank fuck be pulled off that ko!

Yeah, I learned that from that post, I was quite surprised by it, I don't claim to be the most knowledgeable person or anything but I do know what I'm on about and when I see some of the posts and responses on there and Instagram etc.. it's just like wow, it's as though their opinion is they're right and you're wrong and so many comments are just like "Wow", I see them all the time and so many are just like "No" but I tend to not get involved half the time as it seems to be a battle of ego's sometimes.

I hear you though with what you're saying haha, I'm not always right either but a lot of the times I do and can see things where people don't always see (and there's people who often see things that have shown me and I've learned from too) but it didn't surprise me when Pettis beat him and the way he was being written off by the fans was unreal, I just didn't get it even though I could see the advantages Wonderboy had but I just saw a potential in Pettis where I felt he could do it and he did lol

I don't mind disagreements and difference of opinions as we all have them and as I say I'm not always right but at least have conversations and not get into arguments and get mad just because someone says they feel differently about something and also listen to people too in regards to what they're saying, so many people listen with the intent to reply and not actually listen to the point the other person is making, take on board and try see it from their perspective lol

This is what I always do, I'll read someone's reply to me, think about it a little, see if I can see from their perspective or not and if I can I'll agree with them and say "Oh yeah, I get where you're coming from" and if not I'll just say how I disagree and why etc.. which they can then explain further and maybe I will or won't but we can all have conversation right? lol

Anyway, I'm going on now but I get what you're saying lol

Hoping for a Pettis win then make McGregor vs Pettis. I don't care to see McGregor hold up a division anymore, just set up some fun fights.

Cmon dude, you are forgetting how they fight.

Pros for Nate = He can pressure Pettis so that Pettis can't get off any of his kicks as he will be moving backwards
Pros for Pettis = Diaz front leg is there for the taking ALL DAY, plus he has like 3 years off, which is huge.

X Factor - Showtime kicks? Mental war fare?

April 6, 2013 TKO by head kick and punches vs. Josh Thomson. TKO or KO, either way he was finished.
You didn't say "finished", you said "KO'd". My correction was on point.

Try to deal with it and move on.

Good fight..

Going nate and expect a sleeper atg fight..

Back