• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Win only by Large margin or Finish. Close margin = Draw

The problem is alot of judges will never score 10-8. They keep everything 10-9. But the definition of a 10-9 round is a round by close margin. And I think we all agree Diaz scored at least a round by large margin (an actual 10-8 round).

The top fighters all have deadly weapons, they will be the most dangerous people on the planet. Something Usman doesnt have and cant be (at the moment).

No i didnt say that. Just shutting down their game and neutralizing is defensive. Usman and Colby are not in full control. They have partial control to hold you down but not for long periods. Now what Askren or Khabib do is different, they often show the ability to have full control over the opponent and make their lifes a misery.

It depends who is doing it. If Askren or Khabib are taking someone down they are in the offense. If Colby or Usman are doing it, it is to neutralize and stay safe and wait till the end of the fight. They mostly dont want to be on the feet (because they will be in danger).

First of all, who the hell are New Madrid? Ok I forgive you for that, no big deal. Secondly, yes Valencia is on the defense correct. But if Valencia cant do anything at all, how come Real Madrid isnt scoring? If Real Madrid is just posessing the ball without scoring that means Real Madrid doesnt have full control at a certain point in the offense. This looks more like a fighter who is attacking and trying submissions but fails to get it eventually.

But your analogy is not accurate you see. Now Usman and Colby are not like Real Madrid in your example. They are like a team who posses the ball the whole time and do not do offense. Just passing the ball from back to side to center and back again on 60% of the field, wasting time. And if occasionally they do try to go to the front and attack they lose the ball and get a counterattack. These kind of soccerteams exist and its no wonder the crowd is booing exactly at this type of game! Yeah the opponent cant do much but wait, but they are also not being threatend at the same time. They can have 60% of the field and pass the ball all they want and do nothing with it, the opponent is just patiently waiting for the counterattack. Now Usman and Colby are exactly this soccerteam but it gets worse because they do it on purpose because some rulemaker was of the opinion to give points for this kind of behaviour. This is a more accurate analogy.

Tell me honestly what you’re thinking. The thread has been overwhelmingly negative to your idea and you’ve made post after post having to defend it in just about every aspect. Do you think people just don’t understand your idea?

Is there literally anything anybody could say that would ever make you consider that just maybe your idea is utter shit? There’s literally pages of people saying your idea is bad and pointing our numerous reasons, yet you have made zero concessions and have refused to admit anything about it could lead to undesirable results, despite overwhelming evidence and examples that say otherwise.

You genuinely need to re-evaluate your idea. If it’s getting this much negative response and everybody seems to disagree the problem isn’t with everybody else not getting your idea, it’s that your idea sucks and everybody else can see it but you. If it was a good idea, people would agree with you and you wouldn’t have to constantly defend it.

You’ve made it clear you have little understanding about fighting techniques, MMA in general, or how sports organizations are run. Your idea will never be implemented by any serious MMA organization because it would be a disaster through and through. It’s painfully obvious to the vast majority in this thread except you.

You keep getting tripped up on the idea of effective offense being equal between two fighters just because the *volume* of effective offense is low. That doesn't logically follow in any way, shape, or form.

No, the gap between the two fighters is too close to give 1 fighter a victory and 1 fighter a loss. It doesnt matter to me if 1 fighter has a couple of punches more than the other if all punches didnt had impact on the fighters. Ngannou vs Lewis or Romero vs Costa are very close fights....who cares if the other landed 5 punches more. Stop counting punches. You should not be awarded for just having more punches than the opppnent. Look at which punches brought the fighter significantly closer to a finish, even if its 1 punch.

Jesus christ, why are people still arguing over this dumb idea. Pretty damn clear by now there's nothing you can say to the guy that will make him realize how stupid this is.

No, the gap between the two fighters is too close to give 1 fighter a victory and 1 fighter a loss. It doesnt matter to me if 1 fighter has a couple of punches more than the other if all punches didnt had impact on the fighters. Ngannou vs Lewis or Romero vs Costa are very close fights....who cares if the other landed 5 punches more. Stop counting punches. You should not be awarded for just having more punches than the opppnent. Look at which punches brought the fighter significantly closer to a finish, even if its 1 punch.

There isn't a strict 1:1 correlation between volume advantage in strikes and damage advantage, but a reasonably informed fan can make an educated guess if they are watching the actual fight. It's extremely rare for a fighter to land twice as many strikes as his opponent but fewer damage in total. No one with a brain in their head could argue that Maia landed greater than or equal damage to Woodley in that fight than the reverse.

Dude, your positions are becoming increasingly absurd. I'm actually starting to think you are a clever troll rather than someone being sincere.

Here’s just some examples of how terrible fighters UFC records would look under your system.

Jon Jones would be 10-1-8 (1 NC) .

GSP would be 8-2-12.

Frankie Edgar is 7-1-16.

Jose Aldo is 4-3-7.

Demetrius Johnson was 7-0-11.

Dominick Cruz is 1-0-5.

Randy Couture is 11-7-6

Max Holloway is 10-1-9

Robert Whittaker is 5-1-7

Joanna is 2-1-9

All of these great fighters either lost or went to a draw in the majority of their fights under your system. That is so stupid and shows an inherent flaw. Take your idea to any professional fighter and they’ll all tell you how asinine and stupid your idea is. No fighter will compete in a system like you’re proposing.

Last edited:
No one with a brain in their head could argue that Maia landed greater than or equal damage to Woodley in that fight than the reverse.

Well nobody is claiming that. Because there was not much going on, nobody was beating somebody up, so a draw would be fine too. But even in my system Woodley would win because its a titlefight, but he would get 0 money. That could have maybe been a drive to take more risks and stall less.

Here’s just some examples of how terrible fighters UFC records would look under your system.

This is incorrect in two ways.

1. You will have to look at all decision ranked fights and see if there were rounds in which fighters scored a big beating (wether it was scored 10-9 or 10-8)

2. Even if we for the sake of argument turned all decisions to draws like you did it would still give us a more accurate record than the current record. But again keep in mind this is not my system.

Jon Jones would be 10-1-8 (1 NC) .

Nothing wrong with this. Is there anybody with better stats in Light Heavyweight?

GSP would be 8-2-12.

Nothing wrong with this. Maybe in a bit slower rate in climbing the ranks but still he will get up there.

Frankie Edgar is 7-1-16.

He would take a longer route because he is heavy oriented on close fights. But eventually he will make it because the guy never loses, just once in that many fights.

Jose Aldo is 4-3-7.

So again you gotta look at those 7 decision, maybe he mauled some guys in there, but for the sake of argument yeah he was destroyed 3 times in not that many matches. But no shame really, they were titlefights. So those 3 would happen at the end part, he already wouldv climbed the rankings. So he too would eventually make it to the top 5 but would be stopped somewhere there.

Demetrius Johnson was 7-0-11.

Great.

Dominick Cruz is 1-0-5.

Only 6 fights, no losses, still needs to prove himself

Randy Couture is 11-7-6

Gets destroyed alot. Whoever said Randy was the best anyways?

Max Holloway is 10-1-9

Great

Robert Whittaker is 5-1-7

Great

Joanna is 2-1-9

I hate WMMA

This is incorrect in two ways.

1. You will have to look at all decision ranked fights and see if there were rounds in which fighters scored a big beating (wether it was scored 10-9 or 10-8)

2. Even if we for the sake of argument turned all decisions to draws like you did it would still give us a more accurate record than the current record. But again keep in mind this is not my system.

Nothing wrong with this. Is there anybody with better stats in Light Heavyweight?

Nothing wrong with this. Maybe in a bit slower rate in climbing the ranks but still he will get up there.

He would take a longer route because he is heavy oriented on close fights. But eventually he will make it because the guy never loses, just once in that many fights.

So again you gotta look at those 7 decision, maybe he mauled some guys in there, but for the sake of argument yeah he was destroyed 3 times in not that many matches. But no shame really, they were titlefights. So those 3 would happen at the end part, he already wouldv climbed the rankings. So he too would eventually make it to the top 5 but would be stopped somewhere there.

Great.

Only 6 fights, no losses, still needs to prove himself

Gets destroyed alot. Whoever said Randy was the best anyways?

Great

Great

I hate WMMA

If you think those records look good or would have anybody excited you’re delusional. It makes every fighter look like shit and the vast majority of fights are going to be draws, which nobody wants. You really think a guy having more draws than wins on his record is great? You’re either a troll or just flat out stupid. Derrick fucking Lewis would have a better record than Aldo, Cruz, and Whittaker combined. Seriously you don’t see a problem with that?

And no response to the other message? Guess you had nothing to say to that. Just keep mindlessly defending your awful idea and don’t accept any criticism.

Last edited:
But even in my system Woodley would win because its a titlefight, but he would get 0 money. That could have maybe been a drive to take more risks and stall less.

Even more asinine thought. Woodley should get zero money despite going through an expensive training camp and doing months of preparation because he was unable to stop a guy that has only been stopped once over 36 fights. Get the fuck out of here, of all your stupid ideas this probably the worst. No fighter would ever agree to such awful terms.

Last edited:

Dont forget about these fighters:

Chael Sonnen 2W-7D-10L
Absolutely horrible, we shouldnt even know this man.

Jon Fitch 5W-20D-3L
Awful

Elias Theodorou 2W-9D-0L
Would stagnate early on

Darren Till 2W-4D-2L
Doesnt look good. Shouldv been brought in slower.

Kamaru Usman 2W-8D-0L
Would stagnate early on

Leon Edwards 3W-9D-0L
Would stagnate early on

Colby Covington 4W-6D-1L
Because the draws were all his last fights he would stagnate too somewhere above Usman and Edwards.

Dos Anjos 8W-17D-3L
Not that impressive

Ponzinibbio 5W-5D-1L
Quick rise

Vicente Luque 9W-3D-0L
Very very quick rise into the top 10

Maia 11W-18D-1L
Steady long term rise

Masvidal 6W-15D-0L
Steady long term rise

Stephen Thompson 5W-8D-1L
Quick rise

Woodley 10W-11D-1L
The best

Last edited:
Dont forget about these fighters:

Chael Sonnen 2W-7D-10L
Absolutely horrible, we shouldnt even know this man.

Jon Fitch 5W-20D-3L
Awful

Elias Theodorou 2W-9D-0L
Would stagnate early on

Kamaru Usman 2W-8D-0L
Would stagnate early on

Leon Edwards 3W-9D-0L
Would stagnate early on

Colby Covington 4W-6D-1L
Because the draws were all his last fights he would stagnate too somewhere above Usman and Edwards.

Ponzinibbio 5W-5D-1L
Quick rise

Vicente Luque 9W-3D-0L
Very quick rise into the top 10

Maia 11W-18D-1L
Steady long term rise

Masvidal 6W-15D-0L
Steady long term rise

Woodley 10W-11D-1L
The best

Lol at Usman and Theodorou being even. Lol at Masvidal having a better record than GSP, Whittaker, Cruz, and Aldo. Lol at Luque having almost as many wins as Jones and Holloway and more than tons of champions. Awful, just plain awful. Still no response to the other posts?

Last edited:
Lol at Usman and Theodorou being even. Lol at Masvidal having a better record than GSP, Whittaker, Cruz, and Aldo. Lol at Luque having almost as many wins as Jones and Holloway and more than tons of champions. Awful, just plain awful.

Well you cant look at the stats that way. You gotta look at what state they got into the UFC or other good promotion and how long they have been there. Some came in and got immediate top opposition. Some fought cans first. Luque has great stats but its not all top opposition. But at least he deserved to get a quick ascend to the top 15. Look at Darren Till or Usman.....for some reason they got up there very fast. Ive updated that post btw.

Well you cant look at the stats that way. You gotta look at what state they got into the UFC or other good promotion and how long they have been there. Some came in and got immediate top opposition. Some fought cans first. Ive updated that post btw.

Still no response to the other posts?

Tell me honestly what you’re thinking. The thread has been overwhelmingly negative to your idea and you’ve made post after post having to defend it in just about every aspect. Do you think people just don’t understand your idea?

Is there literally anything anybody could say that would ever make you consider that just maybe your idea is utter shit? There’s literally pages of people saying your idea is bad and pointing our numerous reasons, yet you have made zero concessions and have refused to admit anything about it could lead to undesirable results, despite overwhelming evidence and examples that say otherwise.

You genuinely need to re-evaluate your idea. If it’s getting this much negative response and everybody seems to disagree the problem isn’t with everybody else not getting your idea, it’s that your idea sucks and everybody else can see it but you. If it was a good idea, people would agree with you and you wouldn’t have to constantly defend it.

You’ve made it clear you have little understanding about fighting techniques, MMA in general, or how sports organizations are run. Your idea will never be implemented by any serious MMA organization because it would be a disaster through and through. It’s painfully obvious to the vast majority in this thread except you.

There is nothing to respond to here. Dont care about your feelings poor fella. You havent responded to the soccer analogy of Real Madrid and Valencia. Still waiting.

There is nothing to respond to here. Dont care about your feelings poor fella. You havent responded to the soccer analogy of Real Madrid and Valencia. Still waiting.

Any idea why your idea is overwhelmingly unpopular? Is there literally any point or anything anybody could say that would ever change your mind? Or are you convinced it’s a good idea no matter what and will forever defend it no matter how many flaws are pointed out?

My feelings? Hahahahaha. Never mentioned my feelings nor expressed any. Sounds like you’re getting defensive because you’re getting called out.

I’m not going to respond to every single rambling, garbage point you’ve tried to make. Your analogy sucked ass and made zero sense like all your other opinions which I and numerous other have pointed out. Mind blowing how oblivious and stupid you are. You’ve gotten your ideas blown apart non stop by numerous users including me. I’m done here. Keep thinking your idea is good, you’re the only one.

Any idea why your idea is overwhelmingly unpopular?

How do you know that? Overwhelmingly unpopular means something like 75% or more do not like my idea. Do you have any evidence to back that up? If I agree with a thread I am not always posting. I just read it and give a nod.

I’m not going to respond to every single rambling, garbage point you’ve tried to make. Your analogy sucked ass and made zero sense like all your other opinions which I and numerous other have pointed out

Thanks for not refuting the analogy. Now beat it.

How do you know that? Overwhelmingly unpopular means something like 75% or more do not like my idea. Do you have any evidence to back that up? If I agree with a thread I am not always posting. I just read it and give a nod.

Thanks for not refuting the analogy. Now beat it.

Look at the thread. Look at the overwhelming negative response. Pages and pages of people slamming your idea, I don’t know that I’ve seen anybody take your side. You are the only one defending the idea. And based on that, pretty easy to draw the conclusion that your idea is unpopular. Any person with half a brain could derive that. That’s the only evidence we have and it all points to your idea being unpopular. It appears to be 100% unpopular, so I would call that overwhelmingly unpopular. Get a poll together if you think it’s an idea people will like.

As for your shit analogy, you’re comparing two unlike sports that have entirely different objectives, entirely different scoring systems, and entirely different dynamics so right away it’s a terrible comparison. Let’s stick with MMA, because that’s the sport we’re discussing. The guy controlling the action, executing his game plan, and shutting down his opponent is winning the fight. They deserved to be rewarded for doing that. Period. That is not an even fight or a draw. That is one guy doing what he wants while the other is incapacitated and prevented from doing anything effective.

Given the litany if issues that have been pointed out, if you can’t see there is anything wrong with your idea, you never will and this conversation is useless. Plain and simple, your system will NEVER be used by any reputable organization because it’s bad business and bad for the sport.

Last edited:
They both have nothing! Damnit.....

Wrong! If your opponent completely shut down your offence and did more damage than you, they defeated you. It's that simple. Especially if they kept you in a position you didn't want to be and you were trying hard to escape it.

Well if the match lasts 1 hour I think Colby can finally get to GnP. So far we havent seen it in 5 round fights. Why should anyways? He is getting rewarded for just taking someone down.

He is getting rewared for imposing his will on his opponent whilst inflicting more damage than them.

Look at the thread. Look at the overwhelming negative response. Pages and pages of people slamming your idea,

Well its mostly the same couple of guys. And that doesnt tell anything. For the sake of argument even if the majority was against it, so what? The majority are always on falsehood.

As for your shit analogy, you’re comparing two unlike sports that have entirely different objectives, entirely different scoring systems, and entirely different dynamics so right away it’s a terrible comparison. Let’s stick with MMA, because that’s the sport we’re discussing.

You yourself brought up your soccer analogy!!!! Now after your socceranalogy has been refuted you wanna go run away from soccer. You truly are insincere! Now respond to your corrected socceranalogy or just beat it.

"But your analogy is not accurate you see. Now Usman and Colby are not like Real Madrid in your example. They are like a team who posses the ball the whole time and do not do offense. Just passing the ball from back to side to center and back again on 60% of the field, wasting time. And if occasionally they do try to go to the front and attack they lose the ball and get a counterattack. These kind of soccerteams exist and its no wonder the crowd is booing exactly at this type of game! Yeah the opponent cant do much but wait, but they are also not being threatend at the same time. They can have 60% of the field and pass the ball all they want and do nothing with it, the opponent is just patiently waiting for the counterattack. Now Usman and Colby are exactly this soccerteam but it gets worse because they do it on purpose because some rulemaker was of the opinion to give points for this kind of behaviour. This is a more accurate analogy."

Back