BJ Penn Street Fight: What Really Happened

Who started the fight?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
'B.J. Penn was Attacked First'

Penn was betrayed and attacked by a longtime acquaintance, who surprisingly punched him, according to an old Penn friend, for unknown reasons.

A representative for B.J. Penn said the UFC Hall of Famer was not the instigator of a fight that came to light Wednesday in a pair of videos obtained by TMZ. Gary Levitt, a longtime friend of the Penn family, told MMA Junkie that Penn was attacked by a man before taking a punch in a video that showed him getting knocked out.

“I spoke to B.J., and B.J.’s like, ‘No, I did nothing,'” Levitt said.

. . .

The unidentified man told TMZ the altercation started after he was hit with a “cheap shot” and then squared up with Penn. Levitt disputes that account. He said the first video shows what happened immediately after Penn was attacked. Levitt is unsure of the exact sequence of events but stressed that Penn was not in the wrong.

Levitt said Penn is unsure why he was attacked. Penn told him the man was a longtime acquaintance and got physical after he attempted to greet him with a hug in the parking lot of the bar.

Levitt said Penn told him he was there to see a concert and wasn’t intoxicated when he approached the man. After being knocked out, Levitt said, Penn got up and asked why the man was hitting him. Levitt said several other people witnessed the incident and took videos of the altercation.

“He said the guy punched him, and many, many people saw it, and (the guy) punched him again, and he went, ‘Stop, what are you doing?'” Levitt said.

“And he said (the man) must have punched him at least four times, and some people are saying it was more like seven or eight times. B.J. did not do anything, meaning (he) didn’t fight back. He was just backing up and saying, ‘Hey.'”

. . .

If a complaint is made to the police, Richman said there will be an investigation. Levitt said he’s unsure of what steps the Penn family will take next.

-MMAJunkie.com

More:
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...e=smg&utm_medium=wasabi&utm_content=home-hero

didn't look like it. Penn was already taunting him before being punched

BJ is clearly saying to hit him again. He is inviting the guy to punch him, the gets flash ko'd.

"A representative for B.J. Penn said the UFC Hall of Famer was not the instigator"

Oh really? Because I was sure this dude was going to take the side of the fat blob that slept his client
lol this

BJ got KTFO'd by a bar bum.

Poor BJ. His wife left him for no reason, people are attacking him at bars at random, and more frequently.

Talk about bad luck. Nobody could have seen this coming.

Bring back Rumble On The Rock for BJ to fight these men professionally and he can be HW champ.

Dont know what happened but unless there is another video that I haven't seen, the one I saw was BJ getting dropped , falling flat on back( the picture that seems to be everywhere) and then IMMEDIATELY getting up- hence , no ko - maybe flash ko .... at best. This post is of a trivial nature but no one knows what happened yet but titles should be " BJ gets dropped in street fight/scuffle".

* not defending anybody but as usual- sometimes things dont appear what the media frenzy extends.

I calls em as I sees em.

Poor BJ. His wife left him for no reason, people are attacking him at bars at random, and more frequently.

Talk about bad luck. Nobody could have seen this coming.
It's not fair. Why do bad things happen to good, honest people?

lol this

BJ got KTFO'd by a bar bum.
So what everyone gets slept if they use their face to block punches
giphy.gif

<6><BC1>

lol, UFC all of famer getting his ass kicked in a street fight... there goes the myth of the baddest man on earth.... I guest it only applies from MW and up... And yet some said that MM would kill everybody in a bar

Last edited:
Whether he started it or not, his past history and even his occupation mark him as a violent and dangerous man, even if he is 5”8, he possesses a skill set and experience which is built around harming other humans.

The fatty on the other hand is an upstanding member of society that spends money in the states on the corner stone of every American diet, cheeseburgers and beer, surely a jolly taxpaying, god fearing man would not wish violence in his life.

BJ getting ko’d just shows the power of being an upstanding citizen.

I've seen 2 clips. The 1st, was Penn on the guy's back straightened out taking rights and lefts to the side of the head.
The second was Penn inviting the guy to hit him and getting folded for a second or so.

Not his finest moment as he is a 40yr old with children.......But a pretty common scenario I'd imagine these days.

You took me down but CAN YOU TAKE A PUNCH?

Dont know what happened but unless there is another video that I haven't seen, the one I saw was BJ getting dropped , falling flat on back( the picture that seems to be everywhere) and then IMMEDIATELY getting up- hence , no ko - maybe flash ko .... at best. This post is of a trivial nature but no one knows what happened yet but titles should be " BJ gets dropped in street fight/scuffle".

* not defending anybody but as usual- sometimes things dont appear what the media frenzy extends.

I calls em as I sees em.

Watch it again, his heads bounces on the ground, it was a 100% flash KO.

Bunch of fucking liberal shertards....

Facts are out you hating demise focusing dogs...., The fat guy started the fight, flash KO'd BJ...BJ got up and kicked his ass badly afterward. The odd thing about this is apparently they are long time acquaintances, likely this is something that should not have been a big deal...but age of the fucking cell phone videos...people cant resist the attention...bunch of whores.

lol, UFC all of famer getting his ass kicked in a bar... there goes the myth of the baddest man on earth.... I guest it only applies from MW and up... And yet some said that MM would kill everybody in a bar
Context man. BJ isn't the guy he used to be.

I can honestly see him being drunk at bars just ripping on random people like he did Andy Wang just because he can.

I know it was a meme mostly started by his fanboys but he acted like a total tool to him. Yes, the guy is easy to make fun of and isn't some UFC level fighter but he wanted to compete. He was there to get guidance and support from people he probably looked up to and just because he lost BJ completely rips him apart and mocks him like a high schooler would.

lol, UFC all of famer getting his ass kicked in a bar... there goes the myth of the baddest man on earth.... I guest it only applies from MW and up... And yet some said that MM would kill everybody in a bar
Silly post. MM would annihilate 99% of bar flies if sober and actually trying. BJ looked drunk and not even using his skills, inviting the fat dude to hit him with free shots. A sober, clear-minded UFC fighter murders 100% of casual bar bums.

The bit about it being a friend I think is true. Someone the other day posted a pick of BJ with a group of friends from the same night, showing that the guy in the tmz video (penn) was wearing the same clothes as BJ. In that pic is a fat guy wearing camo shorts and dark sneakers like the guy he was fighting in the video. I don't believe that BJ wasn't the instigator though, its BJ and the man has gone and lost his mind, but who knows.

BJ Penn vs Conor McGregor, two double-champs.
UFC Fight Night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Real Deal
Back