Dustin Poirier - "I never finished 9th grade" Is Dustin a proper role model?

suhdude

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Dustin NEVER finished the 9th grade, yet he received the key to the city. Is that inspirational or is it sending the wrong message to kids?

You don't have to go to school, you can get punched in the face and make it in life. Is this really who people of Lafayette should look up to?

On the other hand, a degree doesn't guarantee success. Carwin had a degree in mechenical engineering and still gassed.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Well isn’t he doing what he loves for a living?
Isn’t he financially doing well?
Isn’t he the interim champ?

I dont think he’s telling kids to not finish high school. I think his point is that there’s bumps along the road and you can still come out on top lol.

eminem did neither bro

Last edited:
not to get off topic... but...

colin was an awful role model.

and kabob is as bad if not worse.

so who cares really. fighters don't make good role models.

there is only 1 gsp.

We all know the real way of earning a living is dropping out of high school and selling drugs

Takes a certain kind of person to want to get punched in the face for a living. This won't have any impact on kids that wouldn't have been fighting anyway.

Hey, George W. Bush became the US President!

If we're talking about mumble rappers or IG models then yeah but in most cases, athletes like Poirier only have their gifted physicality to back on and they just grind as harder as any blue collars before made it to the top of their respective sports.

Out everything in that segment, that is all your brain could take in?

not to get off topic... but...

colin was an awful role model.

and kabob is as bad if not worse.

so who cares really. fighters don't make good role models.

there is only 1 gsp.
I agree about Conor but How is khabib a bad role model? Because he stood up to bullying?

Dustin NEVER finished the 9th grade, yet he received the key to the city. Is that inspirational or is it sending the wrong message to kids?

You don't have to go to school, you can get punched in the face and make it in life. Is this really who people of Lafayette should look up to?

You ever been to Lafayette?.....lol

Out everything in that segment, that is all your brain could take in?
Lol exactly, you gotta have a haters mentality for you have to take it towards that line of thinking.

I never finished 11 th but am still a master in my field and world wide recognition. Duhhhhh . Sometimes you are born to write your own way

The primary messages to the kids are: 1) If you do something great with your life, and if you're a good person with solid values, you will be valued by society, and, 2) It is still possible to realize your dream even if you have been disadvantaged in your youth.

Last edited:
You ever been to Lafayette?.....lol
Passing 8th grade is equivalent to getting a 2 years associate degree in his parts of the wood. I think they had as much high school graduates as ufc has had lw champs. So all in all not bad from Dustin.

Back