Is Khabib’s style boring?

Goonerview

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
People used to rag on Jon Fitch, Jake Shields type grapple-heavy fighters all the time, but it seems like Khabib gets a pass on here.

Personally, I find it hard to get excited for his fights. Was hoping Poirer could pull out something crazy to shake up the division.

As soon as he took Poirer down, I could almost hear the collective sigh around the world.

I guess we are stuck with him for now.

No.

I hated Fitch because he just laid and held position.

Khabib actually works.

go watch wwe fucktard

grappling is part of mma

giphy.gif

Are u fuckin kidding me? Compare Khabib to the real boring guys like Maia, Colby or Usman. Khabib is super entertaining.

You would think it’s boring but it ends up being extremely exciting for some reason.

Hell no!
Wrestling is one of those sports that requires a lot of body control. It isn’t enough to be able to run, jump, or throw. There are a lot of techniques that you can try to master in wrestling, but the very best wrestlers usually have one or two moves that are unstoppable. It takes a lot of time and repetition to get a move down just right so that it can be executed during competition.

It's fun to watch. I can understand why people don't enjoy the leaning and leg control he uses on the ground. But he tires people out with that then mauls them until they give up a submission.

not at all, it is very entertaining to see how he gets his takedowns. he made it look so fucking effortless this fight, it was crazy. i swear his grappling, especially his trips, have improved.

I don't like lay and pray. Khabib mauls people

No. It's not boring. I find him entertaining, but certainly not the most entertaining fighter on the roster. The fact that he's so damn dominant in there also adds extra interest points. It's always a spectacle when he fights. It reminds me of the GSP days back when every new challenger was "the one" that presented a problem that GSP had never seen before. There's just a sense of mystery surrounding fights with fighters that are as dominant as khabib.

Its his sambo trips that make him entertaining

Plus he actually works on the ground instead of just laying on people

The conor fight was probably his most boring performance

Yup. If he hadn't beaten Conor and was in a different weight class people would be saying it's boring af.

Khabib finishes fights. Fitch was a professional cuddler who managed to cuddle his way to a very solid record in the UFC. Fitch is like an electric blanket during winter, only human though.

Last edited:
Back