Fedor Was Great, but Not GOAT

datfnguy

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
To all the "Fedor is the GOAT" people. With the struggles of former 18-0 undefeated Ben, who could just as easily be 0-3 as he is 1-2 in the UFC. To the Branch who was 2-2 in his first UFC run (and lost lost to Rumble, before becoming a 2 division champ, coming back to the UFC to put up a 2-3 record. To Brandon Vera, best known for KOing Mir and getting brutally beat by Jones while racking up a 7-7 record. He left to become the One FC HW champ. Ryan Bader is undefeated in Bellator and the list goes on.

Can we finally agree that no matter how good or even great he was or how successful he was, his true status will alway be questioned because he didn't come over and consistently fight the best guys available at the time (who knows maybe he would have beaten some)?
When he was fighting the 1-0 Choi Hung-Man's and the coming off a loss Tim Sylvia's, getting beat by 'finding my second life Werdum, couldn't cut it in the UFC Big Foot and MW Hendo, he should have been in the UFC fighting guys like JDS or Cain (if he shows).
Does he have big wins, even over some UFC greats? Hell yes. Does he have some sad losses, even against UFC flops? Hell yes.

Just to be clear I have rooted for Fedor in almost every fight. The exceptions were Cro Cop, Meathead and Bader.

He fought the best guys in PRIDE, as it had the best HW division of the time.

He even ended his career in S-force, which produced multiple HW champs. Ofc that was at the ass end of Fedor's career.

Your argument is fucking retarded, as is that of every UFC dick sucking shill.

Should we bring up all the UFC guys who have gone to other orgs and promptly lost?
Or guys form other orgs who came to the UFC and dominated?
Interesting how that doesn't fit your agenda.

There are dozens and dozens of fighters who have called Fedor the GOAT.
Their opinions >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> yours

Why can’t people accept that he’s from a different era. And in THAT era he actually did fight the best.

Anyway, whatever, another fedor is goat/not-goat thread.

He's not even top 20

Wild brawler like him (who almost got KTFO by a .500 record pro wrestler Fujita) wouldn't last 2 minutes with Stipe or Ngannou

And he got taken down by every wrestler he ever faced, but unfortunately none of them knew how to defend a basic armbar. Even MW Lindland dominated him in the clinch lmao

...and then his terrible bottom game was exposed by a Bigfoot that green DC KTFO the very next fight

Crushed cans in some backwater Japanese league.

Crushed cans in some backwater Japanese league.
090816_cle_napoli_foul_ball_med_tw_jezmjxiv.gif

I mean he was beating the best guys of his time while in Pride since the UFC HW division was dominated by a LHW lol

He's not even top 20

Wild brawler like him (who almost got KTFO by a .500 record pro wrestler Fujita) wouldn't last 2 minutes with Stipe or Ngannou

And he got taken down by every wrestler he ever faced, but unfortunately none of them knew how to defend a basic armbar. Even MW Lindland dominated him in the clinch lmao

...and then his terrible bottom game was exposed by a Bigfoot that green DC KTFO the very next fight

>Join Date: Two weeks ago

MMA knowledge checks out.

<Fedor23>

The UFC was not the clear cut best organization during Fedor's reign at HW. It does not matter that he didn't fight there.

I don't know who's the GOAT, I hate that discussion. Nearly everyone has something to inspire you.

The best fighter ever is between Andy-Jones-Fedor

Who you choose depends on what you value. GSP probably has the best career of those 3, but in terms of pure fighting skill he isn't up there imo. But even the career statement is debatable.

Fedor by his late 20's was indisputably the #1 HW in the world, he didn't have to prove anything. Though I wish we could have gotten the Mirko rematch. Could post prime slug it out Fedor have beaten Prime Cain or JDS? Probably not, but it would have been fun to watch.

To all the "Fedor is the GOAT" people. With the struggles of former 18-0 undefeated Ben, who could just as easily be 0-3 as he is 1-2 in the UFC. To the Branch who was 2-2 in his first UFC run (and lost lost to Rumble, before becoming a 2 division champ, coming back to the UFC to put up a 2-3 record. To Brandon Vera, best known for KOing Mir and getting brutally beat by Jones while racking up a 7-7 record. He left to become the One FC HW champ. Ryan Bader is undefeated in Bellator and the list goes on.

Can we finally agree that no matter how good or even great he was or how successful he was, his true status will alway be questioned because he didn't come over and consistently fight the best guys available at the time (who knows maybe he would have beaten some)?
When he was fighting the 1-0 Choi Hung-Man's and the coming off a loss Tim Sylvia's, getting beat by 'finding my second life Werdum, couldn't cut it in the UFC Big Foot and MW Hendo, he should have been in the UFC fighting guys like JDS or Cain (if he shows).
Does he have big wins, even over some UFC greats? Hell yes. Does he have some sad losses, even against UFC flops? Hell yes.

Just to be clear I have rooted for Fedor in almost every fight. The exceptions were Cro Cop, Meathead and Bader.

you seem to forget that Werdum came over here and whooped cains ass to become the champion.

Can we finally agree that no matter how good or even great he was or how successful he was, his true status will alway be questioned because he didn't come over and consistently fight the best guys available at the time

giphy.gif

It's very telling that Fedor keeps UFC-dick riders up at night to this very day lmao.

Fedor is praised for his run until 2009.

Who else was there in the UFC until that year: Mir, Tim, Randy, Andrei?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back