Whats the most undeserving TS in history?

Istryker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
It can be interim or the actual thing.

Is it Kevin Lee for the interim LW or is that hindsight? id like to know other times people were gifted TS

I don't think you can really make a case that anyone is undeserving. Everything in MMA is earned one way or another. Some people climb the ranks, some people step in on short notice, some people are really good at call outs and being their own matchmaker. All of it is relevant.

If we're taking the scenario out of the equation it'd be Al Iaquinta getting a TS vs Khabib. 3 fights in 3 years & ranked #11 at the time

Khabib dominated him without any issue

I remember being pissed about Woodley getting a title shot after being away from the sport for well over a year, and only being on a 2 fight win streak despite that (One of which was a split decision), but he knocked it out of the park, so i guess he deserved it lol. Besides that Chael getting a shot at Jones were very undeserving, and so was McGregor jumping the queue ahead of Khabib and Tony.

I don't think you can really make a case that anyone is undeserving. Everything in MMA is earned one way or another. Some people climb the ranks, some people step in on short notice, some people are really good at call outs and being their own matchmaker. All of it is relevant.

If Gregor fought Khabib for the belt right now that isnt undeserving?

Gus got a TS after getting murked by Rumble.

Brock Lesnar and there isn't a close second

Chael replacing an injured Hendo isn't nearly as bad as Lesnar (1-1 in the UFC at the time) getting a title shot.

Chael getting a shot against Jones is the obvious answer.

Brock getting on in like his third fight ever comes to mind

Chael replacing an injured Hendo isn't nearly as bad as Lesnar (1-1 in the UFC at the time) getting a title shot.
He didn’t replace Hendo. That’s the fight that never happened. They booked Chael/Jones solely because of the trash talk that followed after Jones refused the late replacement

I was a huge young brock lesnar mark and i never realized that he was literally .500 when he got that TS

Bork vs Randy
Professor Kenneth B Florian vs Aldo
Bethe vs Honda
Faber
Frankie vs Max

Bmf if you count that as a title.

He didn’t replace Hendo. That’s the fight that never happened. They booked Chael/Jones solely because of the trash talk that followed after Jones refused the late replacement
Which is what I meant

Perhaps I could've articulated it better

Bork for sure. Birth of the UFC circus. BMF belt, if you want to count it.

The Rock will soon get a title shot against Stipe, and the Rock will walk out wearing a Mark Kerr mask. You heard it here first.

It can be interim or the actual thing.

Is it Kevin Lee for the interim LW or is that hindsight? id like to know other times people were gifted TS
Dan Henderson was 3-6 before the rematch and 3 of the losses were KO's, 1 was a submission. Add to that you had guys like Jacare and Yoel, Mousasi Whittaker etc.. Crazy that they allowed that. Terrible for the sport.

Back