Re-Watched Nate vs. Jorge

Lukn4trbl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Off the top, I predicted that Jorge would win this fight and no problem with 3 rounds to 0 for Jorge.

After watching the scrap again, no way in hell Round 1 or 2 should be scored 10-8. Sure, Jorge got a nice
combo with a light kick to the head area, but Nate was never on the verge of going out.

If you watch the GNP by Jorge, it was effective, but nothing really show-stopping. Nate was chillin', recovering, and striking. Nate also tagged Masvidal a few times late in the round.

3rd Round was fairly close. The body kicks made the difference overall. Masvidal also better
technique and well-rounded striker.

30-27 Masvidal. FYI, Epstein didn't kill himself.

nate.png
jorge-masvidal-nate-diaz-ufc-244-scorecard.jpg

Last edited:
Who scored round 1 as a 10-8? Not any of the judges.

That Dr got to Epstein as well as the main event!

Despite being only 13% of the population, people who make Rewatched Fights a Second Time threads make up for over 52% of the worst threads on this board.

Who scored round 1 as a 10-8? Not any of the judges.

Not round 1, but round 2.

Many fans and forum members thought Rd. 1 should have been 10-8 because of the
cut and GNP. Some n00bs were calling 30-25.

Who killed Epstein ?
Was it the NYC fight doctor?

What do you have to do to get a 10-8? Finish the guy?

No round was close. Nate wasn't landing shit. Masvidal was smiling and play acting. He was both coasting and carrying Nate after he dropped him early. But people listen to Rogan, so....

The whole fucking fight was a 10-8 lol

Masvidal completely outclassed Nate. There's absolutely no reason to think the fight would've taken a different track had it been allowed to continue. I do think the 2nd round was the only 10-8 though.

Despite being only 13% of the population, people who make Rewatched Fights a Second Time threads make up for over 52% of the worst threads on this board.
If that first stat were true, makes sense why mma fans are so terrible at analyzing fights

I haven't rewatched but from real time viewing I can't recall another fight with such hard body kicks -- you saw a significant shockwave as the meat on Diaz's body rippled from them . He was in serious trouble.

But maybe this just means I'm too casual.

As a second unpopular opinion I didn't find dom nearly as grating as usual. I think someone told him to chill on the catfights w Rogan. Seemed reasonable overall.

I rewatched Frye vs Takayama today.

source.gif

It's still badass!

I didn't see a 10-8 round either and the last round had me believing Diaz was going to make a real fight of it. Oh well. It was hard for me to root for anybody because I like both fighters.

Off the top, I predicted that Jorge would win this fight and no problem with 3 rounds to 0 for Jorge.

After watching the scrap again, no way in hell Round 1 or 2 should be scored 10-8. Sure, Jorge got a nice
combo with a light kick to the head area, but Nate was never on the verge of going out.

If you watch the GNP by Jorge, it was effective, but nothing really show-stopping. Nate was chillin', recovering, and striking. Nate also tagged Masvidal a few times late in the round.

3rd Round was fairly close. The body kicks made the difference overall. Masvidal also better
technique and well-rounded striker.

30-27 Masvidal. FYI, Epstein didn't kill himself.

View attachment 672499
jorge-masvidal-nate-diaz-ufc-244-scorecard.jpg

Doesn't change that Nate got owned and lost convincingly.

the last round had me believing Diaz was going to make a real fight of it

Nate looked like trash in the third round and was slowing down way more then Mas

I rewatched Frye vs Takayama today.

source.gif

It's still badass!

Great way to introduce a possible JBG adherent.

I also think all new UFC fighters should be forced by the athletic commission to watch just this gif and any recent interview with Don Frye before being allowed to sign their contract.

What do you have to do to get a 10-8? Finish the guy?

the first 2 rounds were absolutely a 10-8 round, if going by the new rules...mas totally dominated from start to finish...oh, and the 3rd round was not "close" not even a little...mas won round 3 easily...

Back