What was Sherdog’s reaction to Serra tapping GSP?

I wasn’t on Sherdog during that time. I imagine that was one of the wildest nights in Sherdog history?
I don't recall being that crazy.
Yes, it was a surprise, especially how it ended.
But GSP was far from being the best WW on the planet (at that time).
Only after he beat Serra on their rematch (which everyone knew would happen), GSP (in time) surpassed Hughes.

But at that time, he was still catching up to Matt.

<{hughesimpress}>

Pretty much my reaction anyway

more like

hughesgirl.gif

Lol i remember those days. When was the last database error from too much traffic?
Maybe Ronda losing? It has happened a few times since I joined in 2012 and since I've lurked (2009). Definitely remember Fedor losing shutting it down

Noone here remembers because noone was a fan of gsp. Ppl only hopped on his bandwagon after he retired and now make threads daily about a fighter they never watched. Back when he was competing he was widely considered the most boring champion in the sport (and still is).

Sherdog crashed.

The servers weren't that good back then and they'd crash any time something big like this happened.

oh look it's Toner with another GSP hate thread because he's insecure and threatened as fuck over GSP's GOAT status.

can't wait for your 5th ban, GSP > silva.

People thought Serra could win but if he did it would be his BJJ. Not by TKOing GSP the way he did. And dont forget GSP cousin just died and his father was dying.
But GSP losing to Serra was no where the upset as the Chris tapping Silva and making the spider look so amateurish in doing so. Twice.
GSP revenged his lose. Silva couldnt.

Didn't Serra get a TKO? I don't remember GSP tapping out.

actually, it wasn't that bad. It certainly made headlines though and I may be incorrect as it relates to the first time 'modern' mma made it to ESPN, but, I remember finding out the results of the fight by watching Sportscenter. I was in complete shock.

That night I did not order the UFC PPV, which was one of the first ones I hadn't ordered in a couple years, was too busy watching Pride 34 and the end of an era.

Sherdog back then wasn't anything like it is now (in terms of users), definitely caused some shockwaves, cuz I think almost everyone and their mom thought GSP would wipe the floor with him (which he did in the rematch)
I seem to recall watching both cards back to back.....wasn't the Pride event at like 3:00 am?

I was just a lurker back then but I knew it would give trolls something to talk about for the next 20 years.
It’s crazy to think the GOAT was beat on that day 12 years ago.

Noone here remembers because noone was a fan of gsp. Ppl only hopped on his bandwagon after he retired and now make threads daily about a fighter they never watched. Back when he was competing he was widely considered the most boring champion in the sport (and still is).
This is absolute bullshit. GSP was incredibly popular and all of his fights were must watch.

This is absolute bullshit. GSP was incredibly popular and all of his fights were must watch.
Please explain to me what part of sitting in a strikers guard for 5 rounds with no attempt to pass guard or go for a submission is "must see TV"? GSP is a product of marketing and a devoted fan base of Canadian cucks. If you saw a 10-0 fighter like gsp today you'd be laughing at how boring he is and he'd be cut after one loss.

Please explain to me what part of sitting in a strikers guard for 5 rounds with no attempt to pass guard or go for a submission is "must see TV"? GSP is a product of marketing and a devoted fan base of Canadian cucks. If you saw a 10-0 fighter like gsp today you'd be laughing at how boring he is and he'd be cut after one loss.
You have clearly never watched him fight.

I was like, “Oh, snap!”.
You know, like Anderson’s leg....

Based on that reasoning, you must fucking loathe Usman and Covington.

Please explain to me what part of sitting in a strikers guard for 5 rounds with no attempt to pass guard or go for a submission is "must see TV"?

We're talking about GSP, not Anderson Silva vs. Sonnen.

What a fucking moron you are.

Back