***Official 2019-20 NBA Thread v 2.0: DROPPING LOADS***

How should the NBA deal with loads?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting year thus far
Nuggets might be able to make that step if (IMO) they hand the reigns over to Jamal Murray and not Jokic. Also, Paul Millsap is still pretty damn effective at 35 years old or whatnot

Heat look like pretty damn good, rando starters overachieving and solid Vets on the bench

Raptors doing pretty damn good, especially w/ Lowry out. SD native Norman Powell doing OK in the starting lineup w/ Van Vleet

Clippers are clearly for real with PG, Kawhi, and Bev on the perimeter, Sweet lou for bench chucking

Lakers will fold, Lebron and/or AD will get hurt, as will Dwight with certainty (or his effort on Defense will wane, likely both)

interesting year thus far
Nuggets might be able to make that step if (IMO) they hand the reigns over to Jamal Murray and not Jokic. Also, Paul Millsap is still pretty damn effective at 35 years old or whatnot

Heat look like pretty damn good, rando starters overachieving and solid Vets on the bench

Raptors doing pretty damn good, especially w/ Lowry out. SD native Norman Powell doing OK in the starting lineup w/ Van Vleet

Clippers are clearly for real with PG, Kawhi, and Bev on the perimeter, Sweet lou for bench chucking

Lakers will fold, Lebron and/or AD will get hurt, as will Dwight with certainty (or his effort on Defense will wane, likely both)

1511386275_jamal_murray_preview.jpeg

gettyimages-1082816984.jpg

Jokic doesn't have that killer mentality
i didn't mean in terms of leadership, i meant like 'crunchtime guy' or big shot Bob style

I like Jokic, but overall he reminds me more of a Sabonis or Divac, and not a 'give it to me and i'll ice it' like Dirk or Hedo/Peja for euro stars

Last edited:
i didn't mean in terms of leadership, i meant like 'crunchtime guy' or big shot Bob style

I like Jokic, but overall he reminds me more of a Sabonis or Divac, and not a 'give it to me and i'll ice it' like Dirk or Hedo/Peja for euro stars

The ones vs cHeat and Mavs were just nasty

Cool
he isn't a good dribbler, is slow as shit and can't create space greatly
he's tall though, congrats?

he's shooting in the 20s from 3 currently also hahahaha
Literally what?

You just said he doesn't have the "killer mentality" to be a "give it to me and i'll ice it" crunchtime guy, to which I responded with actual evidence of him being exactly the guy you claim he's not. It's almost as if you went out of your way to deliberately set yourself up for such brutal disgrace. Congrats?

Btw the vid I posted doesn't even include all the plays he's made as a facilitator during crunchtime; it's strictly limited to game winning shats, of which he's made SIX in the past 12 months

Cool
he isn't a good dribbler, is slow as shit and can't create space greatly
And yet he can isolate from the top of the key and create off the dribble to produce another game winner

Mind you, this is the same guy who can catch the ball 20 feet from the basket and proceed to deliver another winning shat by simply imposing his will on the guy who routinely bullies Yoel Embiitch into irrelevance

He can also double as a Serbian Larry Bird to hit the shat from outside

l@nd0

Last edited:
Literally what?

You just said he doesn't have the "killer mentality" to be a "give it to me and i'll ice it" crunchtime guy, to which I responded with actual evidence of him being exactly the guy you claim he's not. It's almost as if you went out of your way to deliberately set yourself up for such brutal disgrace. Congrats?

Btw the vid I posted doesn't even include all the plays he's made as a facilitator during crunchtime; it's strictly limited to game winning shats, of which he's made SIX in the past 12 months

And yet he can isolate from the top of the key and create off the dribble to produce another game winner

Mind you, this is the same guy who can catch the ball 20 feet from the basket and proceed to deliver another winning shat by simply imposing his will on the guy who routinely bullies Yoel Embiitch into irrelevance

l@nd0

he shooting 24% from 3...………..

everything you just wasted time typing out is clearly negated by that...……...nexxxxxxxxxxxxttttttttttttttttttttttt

it's called actually watch and analyze skillsets

Gunt you're out of your element with this Jokic talk

Literally what?

He can also double as a Serbian Larry Bird to hit the shat from outside

l@nd0

1*Nvhe7mchQmJBgyVx-uOBrA.png

This Mavs/Clips game tonight is a must watch, KP seems to be picking it up.

Duos battle

he shooting 24% from 3...………..

everything you just wasted time typing out is clearly negated by that...……...nexxxxxxxxxxxxttttttttttttttttttttttt

it's called actually watch and analyze skillsets

Such a random hill to die on my dude. You asserted Jokic doesn't have the "killer mentality" to be a "crunchtime guy" and you were proven to be pants on head wrong

Btw wtf does 3pt% have to do with your original post and why is it applicable to a 7 foot center who routinely manufactures game winning shats? Jokic is a career 34% 3pt shaater -- does that somehow exclude him from being a "give it to me and i'll ice it" Euro? Wtf are you even talking about

Such a random hill to die on my dude. You asserted Jokic doesn't have the "killer mentality" to be a "crunchtime guy" and you were proven to be pants on head wrong

Btw wtf does 3pt% have to do with your original post and why is it applicable to a 7 foot center who routinely manufactures game winning shats? Jokic is a career 34% 3pt shaater -- does that somehow exclude him from being a "give it to me and i'll ice it" Euro? Wtf are you even talking about
Not dying on anything, i actually watch the games and notice his constant tiring (he's fat for an NBA player) and turnovers in the 4th qtr. Hitting a few game winners doesn't negate those things, and in fact if he hadn't done those things they wouldn't need game winners in the first place as they'd be ahead.....

yes, being a subpar 3pt shooter generally exclude someone from being a major crunchtime shooter

that is about as common sense as humanly possible

he is much better facilitator in crunchtime than actual scorer.

Shame on you all for counting the champs out

Told you all siakam was special 2 years ago. That is take him over Tatum. Still wood
I took him second round in fantasy. He's having a good year. But honestly, almost every time they play a good team he shoots sub-40% then feasts against cans. Incredible improvement over the past two years, but he still has work to do.

Not dying on anything, i actually watch the games and notice his constant tiring (he's fat for an NBA player) and turnovers in the 4th qtr. Hitting a few game winners doesn't negate those things, and in fact if he hadn't done those things they wouldn't need game winners in the first place as they'd be ahead.....

yes, being a subpar 3pt shooter generally exclude someone from being a major crunchtime shooter

that is about as common sense as humanly possible

he is much better facilitator in crunchtime than actual scorer.

Yeah, you're entirely full of shit. And it's starting to get annoying tbh

Yet when Jokic bailed them out with an improbable, baseline fadeaway in the face of 7-foot Karl-Anthony Towns, the Nuggets’ postgame locker room carried on as if nothing special had just happened. The players enjoyed the postgame meal and the buses were ready to head to the airport.

“Like, whatever,” veteran Paul Millsap said of the reception Jokic got after he saved them in Sunday’s 100-98 win over the Timberwolves to improve to 7-2. “You expect that. It’s to the point where you expect him to make it every time. … At this point, you just sit back and watch it.”

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/11/10/nikola-jokic-game-winner/
Let's cut the bullshit and just acknowledge what happened here. You made a hot take about Jokic not being a crunchtime player without doing any research on the issue. The fact that you couldn't be more wrong -- that Jokic is actually one of the more proven and reputable crunchtime players in the league today -- just makes the whole thing pretty hilarious. Like lmao, what are the chances that of all the possible takes of all the players in the NBA, you'd come up with one that so brutally backfires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back