• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

News BREAKING: Conor vs Cowboy (Official Mega Discussion)

Conor vs. Cowboy

• Total voters
Everyone has different opinions of what they saw. Conor is a much more bias draw from the media so some may say that he won. I think there was no way Romero won the 2nd fight with Whittaker but get a bunch of shit for that as well. But this isn't about them, just remember to tag me when Conor loses to Cowboy.
I actually had the Romero vs Whittaker 2 fight a draw. Whittaker took 3 rounds but one of the rounds Romero won was a 10-8. As much as i wanted to i couldn't say Romero won.

Smart fight for McGregor I hate Mcgregor so much but I feel like he wins this fight a majority of the time.

Cerrone can be a live underdog but at the same time also be the safe fight option.

Lots of comments of the Conor - Cerrone announcement about it being a “safe fight” for Conor.

There are no safe fights for Conor IMO, especially not against a top-10 ranked opponent.

If he loses any fight other than a Khabib rematch, which he isn’t getting, he will be labelled finished.

If he doesn’t win in impressive fashion he will still be criticized as performing poorly against a mediocre opponent.

Basically he has to demolish anyone not named Khabib to regain some kind of credibility ... and still the haters will dismiss Cerrone as some washed up gatekeeper.

Never mind that anyone in the top-10 is a dangerous fighter and thus there is no such thing as a safe fight, especially for Conor.

It might be somewhat “safe” for Cerrone, simply because win or lose he’ll earn the biggest pay of his career by far.

How about someone in the twilight of their career? a chinny fighter with a glass body who is well known to crumble under psychological pressure, who has lost 6 of his last 10 fights ????

Bet that would be an easy fight

Besides this fight being as much of a freak show as having CM punk in the ufc, or having ksi vs logan paul in the ufc, im guessing Conor will get to ask for a title shot after he KO's Donald? Like lets face it.... Donald has been a punching bag for a few years now and even a washed up Conor would be the best striker Donald has faced in a long time, either way, i guess its a nice freebie for Conor to pay off some of those lawyer bills and then ask for a big boy fight.

This being at Welterweight looks like he's lining up Masvidal next as he previously outlined.

I think Conor wins this, stand up wise bad matchup for cowboy and Cowboy gets starched in big fights

Both khabib and the winner of usman/Covington would make him tap again so it doesn't matter.

Why is his happening at welterweight??

Conor isnt a welterweight in terms of his size and its going to be harder to win the belt there since thats what he wants to do. Im guessing even if he wins it wont effect his chances anyway
I think neither one wanted to cut to 155 lbs. This is nothing to do with any future belts, it's just a reward to Cowboy for his years of "yes I'll take any fight, anywhere, short or long notice" plus it's a cash grab for McG.

I also don't think McG finds it AT ALL easy to cut to 155lbs. I think he's.... *Somehow* bulked up too much for that.

Plus I'm quite sure Cowboy will follow the unwritten UFC fight directive that it's to "stay on the feet".

Lets see, no fear of wrestling, a striker who is pretty much a punching bag at this point of his career having lost his last 2 fights, with no punching power, someone who struggles when pressured and strike unless moving forward, and having to avoid only the kicks to win your fight seems like a pretty safe fight... The only other safer fight is the old man at the bar, but he seemed to have a great chin so Conor might of gassed and it might of been a better fight then this freak show we are getting.

At WW? Does that basically mean he's fighting Masvidal if he wins?

Conor is coming back after a long break and will be rusty. He will also have confidence issues after going so long without a win. However, Cowboy has obviously lost a step (or three), so this is a completely winnable fight for Conor.

Jarl

Call me crazy I like oldman cowboy in this one. Conor shouldn't be fighting at ww

either that or the ufc will invent a new stupid belt idea made especifically for Conor to win.

Both khabib and the winner of usman/Covington would make him tap again so it doesn't matter.
This is like Nate Diaz levels of stupidity, i dont get why these guys who are perfect LW's want to fight at higher weight classes, especially when the WW division is the most wrestler stacked division out there and both struggle vs wrestlers....

Either way, they could fight at HW and this would be a free fight for Conor as long as his opponent is Cowboy, besides that, i guess Conor knows he cant beat Khabib so he is about to try to make as much money as he can b4 he retires after like a 3 fight losing streak or something like that.

Of course he will call for a completely undeserved title shot after beating up past his prime, gatekeeper at best Cerrone.

And that's why this fight pisses me off so much.

I can only hope Cerrone smashes his face in and retires McTapper permanently.

Back