Cardio Kings: Lowest Resting Heart Rates of MMA Fighters (Sources)

Kimbo and Evan Tanner are both at 0, so they win this competition. Too soon?

I have a feeling this thread will reveal that most Sherdoggers have sub 40 resting heart rates, in addition to being 6’4 and 250 pounds.

Nah... my resting HR is usually mid 80s-100. (I have afib.)

Shit.

I’m 6’3 weigh 217 lbs and I’m 15% bf

Dammit... I’m fat. (And short.)

Seeing woodley on that list proves low hr itself isn’t nuff to be a cardio machine.

High intensity training is important n also the ability to recover from high to low in short time

My heart rate was always super fast which I always correlated to a high metabolism. I decided to look that up to see if there was a correlation between the two and it appears there is.

I think it's one of the reasons I hated any amphetamine type drugs or caffeine and always loved benzos.

If you're larger or maybe have no problem putting on weight I think a slower heart rate helps. McGregor isn't a big guy I'd be shocked if it's extremely low although a few of those people on the list aren't exactly giants.

Nah... my resting HR is usually mid 80s-100. (I have afib.)

Shit.

I’m 6’3 weigh 217 lbs and I’m 15% bf

Dammit... I’m fat. (And short.)
I'm 5' 11'' 175 and can't put on fat for the life of me. Only way I could gain more pounds was if I lifted and that usually only resulted in 5 or 10 more if I was lucky. My heart rate has rested in the 90's, it seems a bit better today.

Mine's about tree fiddy.

Is Woodly really flexing his cardio???
wtf

I have a feeling this thread will reveal that most Sherdoggers have sub 40 resting heart rates, in addition to being 6’4 and 250 pounds.
I'm 275, beanpole

I once recorded 55 bpm right after waking up in the morning.

Really? That's extremely good!
Any running times like a 2mile, 3k, 5k, 10k or something?

Yes it's been that way several times, that was doing pretty much zero cardio other than resistance training at the time, a few hill sprints, apparently it was very low when I was a teenager too, according to mother lol and that was just a whole lot of martial arts and football, I was nothing special running wise, who knows a lot of it's genetics probably, let's be honest all these guys train there arses off so...

I'm around 50 and I don't do any kind of cardio other than just normal day to day stuff and I'm slightly addicted to monster and coffee

My heart rate was always super fast which I always correlated to a high metabolism. I decided to look that up to see if there was a correlation between the two and it appears there is.

I think it's one of the reasons I hated any amphetamine type drugs or caffeine and always loved benzos.

If you're larger or maybe have no problem putting on weight I think a slower heart rate helps. McGregor isn't a big guy I'd be shocked if it's extremely low although a few of those people on the list aren't exactly giants.

Same here man. I rest at about 78 but it get's up to about 205 during hard workouts. I can't put on a pound of fat.
I did a police fitness test last week and it was incredibly easy, but a fatass who looked like a mini-fridge who puked after the run got his HR down to 99 BPM before me. RHR isn't everything.

It doesnt surprise me about mike at all.
The guy could fight 10 rounds. Hes a savage. People say bisping has no natural gifts just hes a really hard worker. I disagree. He has crazy genetics in that regard.

Its odd they would have a resting heart rate that low unless they were endurance athletes.

your right, id say bisping's heart rate looks about 0 bpm right here.

Screen_Shot_2016-10-03_at_1.34.30_PM.0.0.png

For me as an occasional cyclist those 38ish-45ish heart rates dont look too impressive. Im fat at 5'11" 180 lbs, ride dismal 2000-2500 miles a year, smoke 15 cigarettes a day, am a fucking czech beer fan and I am usually 40-45 bpm in my bed right after i wake up. My maximum heart rate was 201 bpm during 2 hour long mtb race finish sprint.

Huge if true.
But for real, that would be ridiculously insane, i mean isn't 35 already a bit unhealthy?
There've been some cyclists who died in their sleep during too low resting heart rates..

That was more because they were heavily doped up on EPO. Back in the early days of the drug's use in cycling, the team doctors and other folks hadn't figured out the safe dosages yet plus everyone wanted to push it as far as they could go. They'd shoot up so much EPO that all the extra red blood cells turned their blood into syrup, and when the athletes were sleeping and their blood wasn't circulating fast enough it would clot up and kill them dead. Some of the teams had their athletes wearing heart rate monitors to bed, if their heart beat went below a certain rate while sleeping the alarms would go off and they'd have to get up and do sprints to get their blood flowing again before they dropped dead. Those were some crazy times in the sport.

Back