Media Prime Johnny Hendricks was a MACHINE!

RNC555

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

How does prime Johnny stack up vs Colby/Usman?

I say he beats both.

Last edited:
He really was.

His prime lasted like 1 year though.

I also believe he was juices to the gills.

Prime Johny Hendricks retired 32 year old prime GSP.

Hendricks got what was rightfully his in his very next fight by defeating prime Robbie Lawler to become the undisputed WW champion of the world. Respect to Big Rigg
51FF3BEC-A9CB-400B-8529-D1061A270753.png
329AD138-4779-4F0E-9E24-A6DA0C44A4C9.jpeg

Hendricks retired gsp at age 32, that’s a hell of an accomplishment

It’s a shame he lost focus and motivation after losing the close split decision in the Lawler rematch

lol @ this thread being instantly filled with insecure Jon Jons and Anderoid fans.

He really was.

Hendricks never failed a test pre or post usada... isn’t that the ultimate benchmark for being a ‘clean’ fighter?

He really was.

I honestly believe it wasn't about juice.
I think he had a great coaching in Team Takedown. He was their key fighter, they dedicated it all to him.
Prior to Wonderboy fight, he decided to make a camp of his own and surrounded himsewlf with the bunch of bodies.

Saddest thing is, that Team Takedown itself folded...

Hendricks never failed a test pre or post usada... isn’t that the ultimate benchmark for being a ‘clean’ fighter?

Exactly. And if Hendricks somehow cheated the USADA system, how do we know that Woodley (who suddenly gained muscle mass in his mid-30s) didn't...or for that matter Usman or anyone else?

I'd take prime Hendricks over prime Woodley and think he'd have a good chance vs. Usman or Colby. And he'd have destroyed Askren, who was always trash talking him and claiming he wanted to fight him. That would've been fun to watch.

A machine fueled by steroids and cheeseburgers. Wonder why that didn't last....

if Hendricks was "juiced" then what was GSP ... "super juiced" ?!?

He was a beast. Seemed like the next Bigg thing.

Exactly. And if Hendricks somehow cheated the USADA system, how do we know that Woodley (who suddenly gained muscle mass in his mid-30s) didn't...or for that matter Usman or anyone else?

I'd take prime Hendricks over prime Woodley and think he'd have a good chance vs. Usman or Colby. And he'd have destroyed Askren.
Hendricks would have ruled over the weak WW division for years if he had started his MMA career 5 years earlier, instead of debuting in 2007.

I honestly believe it wasn't about juice.
I think he had a great coaching in Team Takedown. He was their key fighter, they dedicated it all to him.
Prior to Wonderboy fight, he decided to make a camp of his own and surrounded himsewlf with the bunch of bodies.

Saddest thing is, that Team Takedown itself folded...

I agree, that and Hendricks not wanting to watch what he ate...something you have to do as an elite fighter...except maybe certain HWs.

he gets a lot of shit around here

but he was an absolute UNIT back in the day

i remember folk around here calling him 'happy beard guy' when he melted Sadollah, good times

He used to be so quick & able to close so much distance while throwing punches.

Hendricks would have ruled over the weak WW division for years if he had started his MMA career 5 years earlier, instead of debuting in 2007.
Agreed. Hendricks would have beaten all those one dimensional fighters and bloated LWs that GSP feasted on for years

And extremely successful restaurateur:

49C9286D-89C4-4CC0-9A1D-396A03385018.jpeg BF428B20-B0C7-41B6-B6F4-BE48CDF0122D.jpeg 5AD3976A-E0DA-4330-8CCF-326399B67F60.jpeg 0758CFAB-DB26-4AE1-9C81-DDAB8698933B.jpeg

R.I.P Bigg Rigg Steakhouse

Back