• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Economy Ocasio-Cortez takes victory lap after Amazon goes to NYC — even after she helped block $3 billion in

tatanos

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Ocasio-Cortez takes victory lap after Amazon goes to NYC — even after she helped block $3 billion in subsidies

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/12/oc...fter-she-helped-block-3-billion-in-subsidies/

“Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) was one of the progressive leaders in New York City credited with blocking $3 billion in public subsidies for Amazon to open an additional headquarters.

But Amazon is moving into NYC despite the lack of subsidies.”

Alexandria-Ocasio-Cortez.jpg

What a humiliating defeat for Amazon and all of AOC’s opponents who wanted to give billions of taxpayer dollars for them to move into NYC, and all the little maggots that were bending over backwards in desperation to get fucked by billionaires. Her biggest win to date, Amazon is moving in anyways but without any of the benefits they were trying to extort out of the city and its people. After all the pretending that they weren’t interested because constituents weren’t going to sign an unequal treaty and Amazon had other options, its time for all of the corporate shills to eat crow and bow down to a woman who has bigger balls than they do.

Well good.

Is it the same amount of jobs coming? The same operation?

Well good.

If they make profits, they’ll expand, and continue to do so, just like any other private enterprise which doesn’t beg the government for money.

Can’t blame Amazon for trying.

If they make profits, they’ll expand, and continue to do so, just like any other private enterprise which doesn’t beg the government for money.

Amazon sucks the government teet harder than most. If it's not paying their taxes, it's getting massive corporate subsidies. If it's not those, it's not giving their workers enough hours or healthcare, forcing them to get on public assistance.

Well good.

Brah. Old operation was pay 2.7 billion for 27.5 billion in return, so you do the math. Or if you really like math, Amazon was initially offering 25,000 jobs in Cortez district. Now they are only offering 1,500 jobs outside her district. Big pat on the back for herself and her constituents indeed.

Brah. Old operation was pay 2.7 billion for 27.5 billion in return, so you do the math. Or if you really like math, Amazon was initially offering 25,000 jobs in Cortez district. Now they are only offering 1,500 jobs outside her district. Big pat on the back for herself and her constituents indeed.

So they claim, corporations always inflate these numbers and why wouldn’t they. If they can’t make a profit without government subsidies, they shouldn’t be in business. Shill harder, Amazon moved in anyways.

Meanwhile the billions New York has saved will go into infrastructure, healthcare, education, public services. That’ll make hundreds of thousands more jobs down the line rather than a rapidly automating tax dodging corporation.

So they claim, corporations always inflate these numbers and why wouldn’t they. If they can’t make a profit without government subsidies, they shouldn’t be in business. Shill harder, Amazon moved in anyways.

Meanwhile the billions New York has saved will go into infrastructure, healthcare, education, public services. That’ll make hundreds of thousands more jobs down the line rather than a rapidly automating tax dodging corporation.

The ultra liberal NY politicians themselves stated those numbers, including even De Blasio himself. Not shilling to mention statistics and numbers referenced by highly liberal politicians. Let me know if you need a source.

As far as the rest, yes, there's a difference between 25,000 jobs in your district vs 1,500 jobs outside of it. Which one sounds superior to you? They'll need to make 27.5 billion according to liberal New York politicians to make this "Pat on the back" worthy. Your only hope is speculative that one day in the far future it just might happen, rather than an absolute and immediate improvement that would already be in process.

The ultra liberal NY politicians themselves stated those numbers, including even De Blasio himself. Not shilling to mention statistics and numbers referenced by highly liberal politicians. Let me know if you need a source.

As far as the rest, yes, there's a difference between 25,000 jobs in your district vs 1,500 jobs outside of it. Which one sounds superior to you? They'll need to make 27.5 billion according to liberal New York politicians to make this "Pat on the back" worthy. Your only hope is speculative that one day in the far future it just might happen, rather than an absolute and immediate improvement that would already be in process.

Those 25,000 jobs were going to be funded by at least 3 billion in government subsidies and occur over a ten year period, with the majority of them likely out of state hires who would raise local rental prices and worsen the situation of NYC taxpayers. Now Amazon has moved in anyways and is starting with 1,500 jobs from local hires, which they will certainly expand according to their profits over a 10 year period, probably reaching the same estimates anyways. Smoke and mirrors and some accusations of being a liberal, but look how stupid you are, we aren’t liberals or centrists, we’re left wing populists. AOC wears Crowley’s pelt on her back, and now she can add Amazon to the collection.

Those 25,000 jobs were going to be funded by at least 3 billion in government subsidies and occur over a ten year period, with the majority of them likely out of state hires who would raise local rental prices and worsen the situation of NYC taxpayers. Now Amazon has moved in anyways and is starting with 1,500 jobs, which they will certainly expand according to their profits over a 10 year period, probably reaching the same estimates anyways. Smoke and mirrors and some accusations of being a liberal, but look how stupid you are, we aren’t liberals or centrists, we’re left wing populists. AOC wears Crowley’s pelt on her back, and now she can add Amazon to the collection.

It's crazy how people will laud Amazon for bringing jobs, neglecting to note that the more jobs Amazon gets in a state, the more subsidies they get to suck from state governments and from the fed. It's the corporate version of hoarding foster kids to collect their checks.

Those 25,000 jobs were going to be funded by at least 3 billion in government subsidies and occur over a ten year period, with the majority of them likely out of state hires who would raise local rental prices and worsen the situation of NYC taxpayers. Now Amazon has moved in anyways and is starting with 1,500 jobs from local hires, which they will certainly expand according to their profits over a 10 year period, probably reaching the same estimates anyways. Smoke and mirrors and some accusations of being a liberal, but look how stupid you are, we aren’t liberals or centrists, we’re left wing populists. AOC wears Crowley’s pelt on her back, and now she can add Amazon to the collection.

I'm not accusing you of any political alliance, I said that liberal politicians in NYC supported Amazon going there vocally. Which is factual. I'm not arguing semantics with you.

The rest is conjecture. You're "hoping" things develop into "what they would have been". Which is fine, just say that's what it is, and that it may never be as good as what was passed on as well.

I'm not accusing you of any political alliance, I said that liberal politicians in NYC supported Amazon going there vocally. Which is factual. I'm not arguing semantics with you.

The rest is conjecture. You're "hoping" things develop into "what they would have been". Which is fine, just say that's what it is, and that it may never be as good as what was passed on as well.

Fuck the liberals. There’s no good from bribing private corporations with government handouts either, especially the worst tax dodgers in American history.

Fuck the liberals. There’s no good from bribing private corporations with government handouts either, especially the worse tax dodgers in American history.

Dang brah. I applaud your fire, I'll give you that much. Fight on.

I’m so glad Americans have finally waken up to all this BS about giving tax breaks or subsidies to big businesses.

Amazon or any other company like that isn’t investing in your shitty town in Ohio, they’re just using you as a bargaining chip to the taxpayers of cities in California or NYC

It is only 1,500 jobs compared to the promised 25,000

But that they haven't announced an HQ 2 anywhere else so I wonder if this will expand into what HQ2 was supposed to over a 10 year period

Back