• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Social Obamas buy new $11.75 million vineyard estate

Not sure why this story is anything important. Most presidents and PMs leverage their former offices into income generating ventures. I give it 4 out of 5 mehs.

Not sure why this story is anything important. Most presidents and PMs leverage their former offices into income generating ventures. I give it 4 out of 5 mehs.
This proves you are furious and love hitler

Gotta agree with @Anung Un Rama here. Nothing wrong with buying the house, it's beautiful and they have every right to. But it's 100% hypocritical to criticize other people who do well of "white flight" (we all know what the term means), yet go Ultra God Mode Flight when given the opportunity.

I don’t have that kind of rep, nice try.

No, I'm talking about your rep as a liar.

I’m just trying to keep things fair. Your rep is calling people liars for anything from typos to things you disagree with, so i was just trying to keep you honest (mission: impossible, i know).

But the guy was objectively lying. You're OK with it because you think that lying is OK, as long as you dislike the person being lied about.

Gotta agree with @Anung Un Rama here. Nothing wrong with buying the house, it's beautiful and they have every right to. But it's 100% hypocritical to criticize other people who do well of "white flight" (we all know what the term means), yet go Ultra God Mode Flight when given the opportunity.

Anung's entry into this thread was to defend a troll who was straight up lying. But it's good to see a kind of rollcall of WR trash.

I find it funny how these clowns are asking in the comment section how Obama was able to afford this new home when he only made 400K a year as president. Apparently they arent bright to think outside box like the 65 Million Penguin publish paid then in a bidding war to own the rights to publish their books. Or Netflix shelling out 100 million for a deal with them. Worse part of it all is that these sheeps give the comments like this thumbs up without digging up some factual proof to what they say.

Unlike Trump who is stealing Americans money by having spent over 100 million dollars to go golfing to his OWN golf course, Obama is not stealing from Americans. He is earning his money with books, Podcast, tv deals and speaking engagements. Thats the difference between Trump and Obama, one is a thief who only has time to golf when he said he wouldnt have time if he were president and the other is a hard worker. LOL

Anyways what do you guys think of the home? I think it is beautiful and the location is perfect.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/barack-michelle-obama-just-bought-214928884.html

He didn't get those deals based on merit. I doubt that the respective companies made money or even broke even off whatever work product the Obama's produced. You can think of them as being similar to the Nobel committee embarrassing and further discrediting themselves by giving him the Peace prize before Obama had actually done anything as President. It's just another case of virtue signalling, not a serious and principled decision.

Anung's entry into this thread was to defend a troll who was straight up lying. But it's good to see a kind of rollcall of WR trash.

Seems like you're infatuated with name calling and insults lately for some reason. Stressed? Weird for someone who models themselves behind objective truths and and as an intellectual. Unprovoked nastiness is usually not a trait for an honest intellectual to carry. In fact, it's usually a trait the opposite of that carries.

Seems like you're infatuated with name calling and insults lately for some reason. Stressed? Weird for someone who models themselves behind objective truths and and as an intellectual. Unprovoked nastiness is usually not a trait for an honest intellectual to carry. In fact, it's usually a trait the opposite of that carries.

I think in the abstract you'd agree with me that people who think that lying is good when it helps advance their propaganda purposes are trash. But since in this particular case, you agree with the tactic and the aim, you're offended.

Another guy who cant read and just makes up things.... The 65 million was for the books and the 100 is for the nextflix deal. Btw Michelle Obama's book as already sold nearly 10 million back in March so that figure should very likely be over 10 million already. Now what you think Barack's book will sell? Do you still think they cant make back that 65 million? LOL

What did I make up? I posted the sales from 2018 and said it maytake a few years.

Anyway, even at 10m copies that's $150m gross retail - meaning the publisher still hasnt made a profit.

People need to keep in mind that the Obama's had the resources to live ANYWHERE on Martha's VIneyard. But they chose to live in the blackest neighborhood. That says something.
Maybe the real scoop here is the modern day segregation of MV...

Wasn't Michele Obama just talking about white flight like last week? Now they have how many houses in the most exclusively white areas?

No, I'm talking about your rep as a liar.

But the guy was objectively lying. You're OK with it because you think that lying is OK, as long as you dislike the person being lied about.
I don’t dislike Michelle Obama. I think their new house is amazing. I’m crazy envious of it. Good for them. I simply asked you to clarify your statement because of how often you call people liars for absolutely no reason other than you disagree with them . This thread being a prime example of your dishonesty, thank you for that.

My entry into this thread was to comment on how amazing their new estate was and that I was “jelly af”. Stop lying and read the thread.

He is an incredibly dishonest poster, almost as dishonest as he is dishonorable. What kind of person calls somebody “trash’ simply for disagreeing with them and rather than apologize tries to rationalize their behavior?
He has a lot of people fooled because he’ll post 9 paragraphs to answer a yes or no question so they think he’s being thoughtful when in fact he’s being deceptively vague.

I can't believe it, this bastard is killing the climate man!

Where is Greta?

Nothing justifies such a high power consumption per person.
This is disgusting...

Anung's entry into this thread was to defend a troll
This coming from the guy who defends Zeeby
who was straight up lying. But it's good to see a kind of rollcall of WR trash.
Again, how was it a lie? Her exact quote:
“I want to remind white folks that y’all were running from us. ... This family with all the values that you read about, you were running from us. And you’re still running.”

I think @ElKarlo is generally a good guy, I think cultural bias has people looking for connections when they just are not there. It’s crazy.
I appreciate it.
Personally I don't like money in politics. I'm also not a fan of Trump. I do think he's incredibly useful for action against China.
Anyhow I feel that getting paid hundreds of thousands for simple closed meeting speeches may not be outright corruption, but dang if it doesn't smell like it.

Back