Are you okay with Aldo getting a TS after last night?

I feel that if alexander gustafsson can get a title shot after being destroyed by Rumble Aldo should be able to get a shot after that close loss and I Dana kinda still owes Aldo a favor after never letting him avenge his title loss.......just my opinion

Please no.

Lost 2 in a row and 4 of his last 6.....

Petr yan deserves it for retiring California Grandpa. But if aldo does get it itd be the most undeserving title shot ever worse than any of the justifications you homers come up with

I'm a huge fan of Aldo but Petr deserves it more.

Also shouldn't get the ts but this is the ufc

Aldo/Moraes 2 and Yan/Cejudo and Sterling/Sandhagen assuming Frankie isn't able after he fights South Korean Zombie.

if Fredgar and Faber get extra opportunities then Aldo fucking better.

This is ufc making up for not giving him his conor rematch/pay day

As long as Marlon doesn't need another win to fight Aldo if Aldo beats 3C!

Getting a title fight after a loss in your first fight in the division is bloody ridiculous.
I'd prefer Henry defends FLW while BW sorts itself out

Mods, hook a dogger up with a poll...

I'm not mad at it (not Aldo fanboy bias) tbh. Frankie got 2 TS off of losses and Romero will probably be getting one soon as well coming off a loss.

Plus , Dana and many fans including myself had Aldo winning that fight . Aldo is a legend and looked fantastic in his BW debut against a dangerous and explosive #1 CONTENDER so fuck it, book it pink goof.

Cejudo also thinks Aldo won and wants that fight. All the more reason to get this thing booked, I'm so fucking excited.

2020 BW Champ
View attachment 694637
WAR ALDO

No he doesn't, but it doesn't matter. The UFC will do what benefits them. At least this time Aldo would benefit from it. Either way, I wouldn't be mad.

He just fought to a controversial decision against the number 1 or 2 ranked guy in the division.

Wouldn't mind seeing it.

It was close, I agree, but I dont see many arguments for Moraes winning rounds 2 or 3 with which I agree.

My point is that, had Aldo received the decision, I dont believe there would be any threads debating who had rightfully won.
I gave Aldo two and Moraes edging three. Round one was Moraes as well.

I gave Aldo two and Moraes edging three. Round one was Moraes as well.

Moraes looked better than anyone in the division for that first round. He was decisive, quick, versatile and dangerous. Then he completely slumped into lethargy beginning with the second round.

I’ve been a huge fan for years but he was a d**k to moraes after that fight. That was a close fight, legitimate robberies have occurred and nothing happened after. The precedent they set with this is dangerous. Lost respect for Aldo since that scrap.

Is anyone really gonna argue against it THAT hard? The people love aldo. I love aldo. Everyone loves the man. Since losing his title he’s gotten raw deal after raw deal. It’s time for this man to take back his throne one more time.
He lost his last fight. It was close, but I felt Moraes won. Why are we giving him a titleshot in a division where he's 0-1?

Yan earned a TS.
Sterling too.
Aldo didn't.

Of coarse... he beat the #1 contender.

I think people read to much into official W's & L's & don't pay enough attention to the content of the fight. The judges fucked it up. It's as simple as that.

In the post fight interviews, Dana said he felt like Aldo won.

Edit: ...or run it back in Australia with Max & Volk... lol... fill the card up with close re-matchez yeah? haha....

the problem is the judges fuck it up all the time and everyone accepts it. they'd be setting a precedent giving Aldo a shot. i know other people like Chael and Edgar have gotten shots coming off losses, but those were different circumstances. there's clearly people in line for the title shot before Aldo even thought of coming to the weight class. now he's going to hop over them with a fucking loss?

i mean, if that's the case why is there even rankings or anything? they should just be like Pride and match whoever they want up with the champion.

Absolutely, styles make fights and this is a great style matchup.

Hypothetically speaking, if Yan were the current champ I wouldn't want to see Aldo get the TS, because that's a much less intriguing matchup imo

Only other fighter I'd wanna see more vs Cejudo RN is Yan, the Sterling fight sounds pretty boring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geezo75
Back