‘Saved By The Bell’ TV Sequel Casts Transgender Josie Totah In Lead Role

Rygu

R.I.P. Obie
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertain...osie-totah-in-lead-role/ar-BBYFxC9?li=AAggSpD

On Monday, NBCUniversal announced the casting of "Champions" star Josie Totah in a lead role for the reboot set to debut on the new Peacock streaming service, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Totah, who came out as transgender in 2018, will play Lexi, "a beautiful, sharp-tongued cheerleader and the most popular girl at Bayside High who is both admired and feared by her fellow students."

According to the creators, the new show follows what happens when “California Gov. Zack Morris gets into hot water for closing too many low-income high schools and proposes the affected students be sent to the highest-performing schools in the state — including Bayside High.”

The new "Saved By the Bell" will also star Mario Lopez and Elizabeth Berkley, who will reprise their roles as A.C. Slater and Jessie Spano.

Can't wait for this gem.

Two in the stunning, one in the brave I say.

<Fedor23>

Dont want to support transgenders, dont watch it. Although I'm sure plenty of you will watch it so you can cry about it.

It's like they wrote this sequel just to cast this person lol.

Either way, there'll never be another Saved by the Bell in spite of what they call this one. TV sequels never live up to the original.

To be fair she's still less gay than the people planning on watching Saved By the Bell in 2020.

images

aaaaaaaand its flopped

It's like they wrote this sequel just to cast this person lol.

Either way, there'll never be another Saved by the Bell in spite of what they call this one. TV sequels never live up to the original.
The show was absolute dog shit, we just have nostalgia for it. It doesn't hold up at all.

Honestly... Who gives a solitary fuck?

It's a remake of TV show that wasn't particularly good in the first place. It was a shitty "comedy" for tweens.

It doesn't matter who they cast in it, there's no way on earth that I'm going to watch it, so...

<Fedor23>

OMG !! WHY ARE YOU CONSERVATARDS SO OBSESSED WITH TRANSGENDER PEOPLE!!??!?
Let's be real, its a non-story that was only posted to generate an anti-trans circlejerk.

In this case I am happy to join because man is it a terrible casting choice but I won't pretend its anything deeper.

The show was absolute dog shit, we just have nostalgia for it. It doesn't hold up at all.
Well that's the issue. It was cool as a teenager in the 90s. You can't sell that show to teenagers today and somehow I don't see how riding the coattails of a show from the 90s is going to somehow take off.. tranny or not.

why not Breaker High 2.0?
bring back Gosling?
If anything, the reboot of Degrassi was better than the original and in retrospect exposed Drake for the farce that he is.. among other things.

A bunch of grown ass men were gonna watch a Saved by the Bell reboot but this is a deal breaker I guess.

I mean, nobody was going to watch it at all. So now it's getting buzz due to conservative ragebaiting.

Meh, is how I feel about it...

I just wish they'd make a sequel to the "Starship Troopers Chronicles: Tales Of The Roughnecks."

Back