Rakim is the best rapper of all time

So because of this thread i went on a bit hip hop binge (high of course) and i just wanna say Reggie Noble is the man.
and Gza is of course a genius.
Genius is one of the greats to me, so intelligent and smooth with it

Big pun should have been. He started to sound pretty bad when he was morbibly obese and out of breath tho. Capital punishment was one of the top 3 debut hip hop albums of all time

That "Sharia law on my cherie amour/ how much hypocrisy could people possibly ignore" bar is one of my favourites of the last decade.

Daylyt can be a weirdo (and I'm not claiming he's one of the best), but he's got too many quotables on this. Too many to pick up in one listen

That free style has so many hard ass bars

The mask black, the flag green black and red?come on son

"Every syllable Rakim has spit is like a precious metal. Dude is beyond a rhyme song or an album. He’s a mythical giant" - Chuck D

Rakim is probably the GOAT. Shout out to the God of Rap though!
0762025D-E669-4C11-A96D-C8B4AE6E2F50.jpeg

He is good but IDK why he rubs me the wrong way lol.

It all comes about personal taste.

Andre3000 was amazing when he actually did rap and not shitty pop music.

Then a bunch of underground guys are really underrated. Not the best but worth mentioning.
Prime Celph Titled had the best punchlines and a smooth flow

I always liked Immortal Technique as a lyricist. He was even getting better in his last records but IDK what the hell is he doing now. His verse in this song with Chuck D and Brother Ali is probably my favorite.

He is good but IDK why he rubs me the wrong way lol.

It all comes about personal taste.

Andre3000 was amazing when he actually did rap and not shitty pop music.

Then a bunch of underground guys are really underrated. Not the best but worth mentioning.
Prime Celph Titled had the best punchlines and a smooth flow

I always liked Immortal Technique as a lyricist. He was even getting better in his last records but IDK what the hell is he doing now. His verse in this song with Chuck D and Brother Ali is probably my favorite.

I love Immortal Technique, had a chance to speak to him at length many years ago after a gig

My favorite Celph Titled verse, unfortunately he came along a little too late for me to really get into

No one ever talks about Mos Def any more, but he could have been one of the greats

He pissed a lot of people off with his no show attitude, but he was a genuinely talented guy and a true hip hop fan to boot.

@Threetrees @INTERL0PER @BFoe

Being a fan of Black Thought, I was blown away when I first heard this.
Who the fuck else would be able to spit one of Black Thoughts toughest rhymes, word for word, without skipping a lyric and doing it faster than Thought himself

Even Black Thought can't stop smiling through out, hype shit

Wow not 1 mention of KOOL G RAP!?

He inspired big pun.

Can't front on that at all, if I had to choose one it would be Rakim

Dude had it all, the voice, the flow, the lyrics, positivity, street knowledge

I think Black Thought may be better, and there are other emcees I like more, but Rakim Allah is the greatest for me

Skip to 5.45 for Know The Ledge

Good concert. The GOAT gotta get up on that dental plan. His bottom teeth starting to look like an actual goats.
If Ali Shaheed never lets his grey show. You would think he hasn't aged a day since "People's".

Good concert. The GOAT gotta get up on that dental plan. His bottom teeth starting to look like an actual goats.
If Ali Shaheed never lets his grey show. You would think he hasn't aged a day since "People's".
I got so excited first time I watched it, shouting 'look it's Shaheedullah!!' Wifey didn't give a shit though

Mad underrated album as well, Shaheedullah and Stereotpes

There is no BEST or GOAT. There are many greats, but this shit is way too subjective.

Rakim is in my top 20 favorites.

He is not in my top 20 Lyrically Greatest although he definitely has skills.

He is in my top 10 Overall Greatest because of his impact, influence and having raised the bar.

I saw him in concert recently. I tried uploading a video file but no success
I find it hard to believe there are 20 rappers out there who are more lyrical than Rakim.

Hard to argue againest Rakim being the greatest however subjective that is. My favorite rapper would probably be Pharoahe Monch.

Back