• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Honest opinion on khabib

I dont hate khabib, and not a conor lover.

but does anyone else think he’s not as good as hes made out to be. People already calling him the goat. But goats like gsp, jones, anderson, fedor, they were all able to fight standing up and on the ground.

Khabib isnt as versatile and his standup isnt that good. Jon jones is much better all around. Khabib is just extremely good at grappling and mauling, but there comes a day when he cant get a guy down and is forced to fight standing up.

Sure he has a long win streak. But his record is like a boxer. With 30 wins or whatever but nobody can name the 25 other opponents they fought. Again, i dont hate him or like conor, just an objective view on his skill set.

please dont be salty n add a gif of him dropping conor as if that is somehow proof.
I don't disagree with you. You make some good points. Very good points actually. It's just that Noone has owned him on the feet. He's out struck everyone.

Khabib is like a video game character that has one move that you can spam nonstop and break the game.

Sucks all the point and fun out of the game. Not fun to watch.
You don't like slams and gnp? What's wrong with you?

People say they wanna retire and then they dont.

Khabib just gave an interview where he said that he and Javier and all the other AKA guys want DC to retire,but he is having a hard time giving it up.

"This Olympic guy they never wanna retire"

Personally id like DC to retire,he had a great fight with stipe before he lost,and Khabib doesnt really need to have more than 4 or 5 fights,as youve said. But will they both stop,regardless of what theyve told us...?
Tony then gaethje then call it a day imo.

100% agree. I don’t see anyone at 55 that can challenge him though.

He’s probably the best pure grappler we’ve seen in mma due to his ability to completely overwhelm the opposition. There will be a day when a strong wrestleboxer can negate his grappling though, much like roided Tibau did.

I wouldd favour Cody & Petr over Khabib but they are small as fuck.

You need 5 title defenses to even be considered. BJ Penn and Frankie Edgar have both accomplished more at LW. If he beats Ferguson and Kevin/Justin I'll put him up there.

He is the champion of the most stacked weightclass. So that's pretty fucking good.

LW is overrated.

Level changes are huge.

Top heavy.

it is what it is.

If they were as good as he is,theyd be in the UFC. Khabib is special even amongst the Dagestanis in MMA. Never have we witnessed such aggressive and consistent grappling domination in this sport.

thats like being the best Soccer Player in the states.

You idiots are really starting to piss me off. These was an injured Conor at probably 30% of what he is capable of, BORE OFF.
Fuck off then.
Conor is on record saying he had a great camp for Khabib. Then he got his bearded clam almost ripped off and started making excuses like the bad loser he is.
Then his load gargling gullible fans , thatd be you, believe this rubbish and start repeating it ad nauseum.
Conor will get choked out again when they do rematch. Lets hope Khabib hangs onto it a bit longer for shits and giggled

I’d love to see him fight GSP. That would put the GOAT talk to rest.
If GSP can make 155 like he says he can, I’d love to see it

I dont give a shit how fancy you look in the ring/cage, as long as you can make what your doing work, and do it all the time, that to me is what matters.

So far, Khabib has not lost, nor has he shown any signs of nearly losing in any fight hes been in besides eating a few punches here and there.

His striking may still improve. Sometimes, fighters's striking improves later in their career. Frank Mir, Randy Couture, and Josh Koscheck are some examples.

But look at this.
Jadfp1U.gif
Mir and Koscheck have always had terrible striking. Overhands do not equal improved striking.

I think khabib is great and have been in striking my whole life. Watching boxing as a kid because Dad wouldnt stop yapping about Mohammed Ali,Tyson and Holyfield. I do enjoy his grappling a lot he rarely is a lay and pray guy and he is very active with his opponents. I am still not sold he is GOAT or even LW Goat. The one who wins at 249 between khabib and tony is the LW GOAT in my eyes regardless of how thier next fight goes.

Fuck off then.
Conor is on record saying he had a great camp for Khabib. Then he got his bearded clam almost ripped off and started making excuses like the bad loser he is.
Then his load gargling gullible fans , thatd be you, believe this rubbish and start repeating it ad nauseum.
Conor will get choked out again when they do rematch. Lets hope Khabib hangs onto it a bit longer for shits and giggled
Khabib was on his way to break that pussy's hand but he kneed him in the face and Herb Dean didnt do shit

Back