gsp fans are still the most delusional in the sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want to debate the arbitration agreements and their conclusions or act as if they don’t exist?

Sure, debating that circus is a much better debate.

Arbitration deduced that he didn't intentionally cheat, even though Jones couldn't provide any source of unintentional digestion.

He also unintentionally ingested so much, that he now has a license to pulse TBol indefinitely.

He also had to agree to a snitch deal in the process.

And this is the 2nd time he tested positive.

Sure, debating that circus is a much better debate.
Surely it’s relevant to what you posted. What were the conclusions in each (his 2 actual violations)?

0E43B23C-4EA7-48F8-A7A7-C133DB98CC71.gif
apparently this makes you GOAT

maybe If Jones ever taps to strikes to a MW can gsp fans will recognize his greatest finally

enough of this nonsense that gsp was a better and more dominant champ than Bones.

You guys are telling me that beating kos twice, Thiago Alves, Dan Hardy, Jon Fitch (who was a really good fighter no disrespect to him at all), Condit (again another really good fighter), out of weight class BJ, 40 year old Matt Hughes twice after getting subbed the first time, Serra, Nick Diaz (another really good fighter) means more than Bones resume?

Rampage
Lyoto
Vitor
Rashad
DC x2
Shogun

all of them are all time greats and former world champions

then you have gus x2
Chael
Bader
Santos
Reyes
Smith
Glover

All of these are really good wins that are on par with gsps best wins imo. The only win that gsp can say is against a prime guy who is an all time great was Jake Sheilds who in reality beat gsp on the feet for 2 rounds in the worst fight ever. I honestly cant say I ever watched a gsp fight and enjoyed it start to finish.

Georges has quite possibly the most overrated career in the history of the sport. All of his opponents never even went .500 after fighting him aside from Jake who went exactly .500. So that tells us that the guys he fought were all on the downside and they werent even all time greats who held belts in other orgs or weight classes or even in his own weight class. Honestly I think the Sean Sherk win might be the best of his career after Shields probably tied with condit and fitch.

When the Robbies, Hendricks (who beat the shit out of him), Rory and Twoods of the world came around he retired and waited for the weakest champ in the history of the sport aside from Carla Esparza and came out of retirement for a fight with a cyclops who was on his last legs. Great win georges I wonder if he would have come back for Whittaker or Izzy lol.

Nothing against gsp, he seems like a great guy and a great ambassador for the sport but he isnt anywhere near Bones, Anderson and Fedors level. MM and gsp have similar resumes imo, both dominated good not great fighters. At least Mm had some finishes.
Wow. Good post bud. Ya he wasn't dominant at all.

enough of this nonsense that gsp was a better and more dominant champ than Bones.

You guys are telling me that beating kos twice, Thiago Alves, Dan Hardy, Jon Fitch (who was a really good fighter no disrespect to him at all), Condit (again another really good fighter), out of weight class BJ, 40 year old Matt Hughes twice after getting subbed the first time, Serra, Nick Diaz (another really good fighter) means more than Bones resume?

Rampage
Lyoto
Vitor
Rashad
DC x2
Shogun

all of them are all time greats and former world champions

then you have gus x2
Chael
Bader
Santos
Reyes
Smith
Glover

All of these are really good wins that are on par with gsps best wins imo. The only win that gsp can say is against a prime guy who is an all time great was Jake Sheilds who in reality beat gsp on the feet for 2 rounds in the worst fight ever. I honestly cant say I ever watched a gsp fight and enjoyed it start to finish.

Georges has quite possibly the most overrated career in the history of the sport. All of his opponents never even went .500 after fighting him aside from Jake who went exactly .500. So that tells us that the guys he fought were all on the downside and they werent even all time greats who held belts in other orgs or weight classes or even in his own weight class. Honestly I think the Sean Sherk win might be the best of his career after Shields probably tied with condit and fitch.

When the Robbies, Hendricks (who beat the shit out of him), Rory and Twoods of the world came around he retired and waited for the weakest champ in the history of the sport aside from Carla Esparza and came out of retirement for a fight with a cyclops who was on his last legs. Great win georges I wonder if he would have come back for Whittaker or Izzy lol.

Nothing against gsp, he seems like a great guy and a great ambassador for the sport but he isnt anywhere near Bones, Anderson and Fedors level. MM and gsp have similar resumes imo, both dominated good not great fighters. At least Mm had some finishes.
You have BJ as your AV, isn't he 0-2 against GOAT GSP? And 16-14 all time?

Maybe if GSP tested positive numerous times that would not have happened
Hold on, do you believe the most athletic guy in a division full of PED users who reigned with no drug testing was clean ? LMAO

I wonder what his delts/traps routine is

maxresdefault-2-681x383.jpg

Hold on, do you believe the most athletic guy in a division full of PED users who reigned with no drug testing was clean ? LMAO

Just 3 sets of barbell shrugs superset with 3 sets of dumbbell lateral raises to failure...then two GNC protein shakes immediately

@ThunderStruck right bro?

@bjpenngoat
"The most overrated career" sure bud.
Heights4.jpg

Fought in the weightclass with arguably the second largest talentpool ever and his UFC-wins looked like this:
  1. Pariyan, at the time 10-2 , 21yo (GSP: 22yo)
  2. Hieron, at the time 4-0, 27yo (GSP: 23yo)
  3. Miller, at the time 11-3, 24yo (GSP: 24yo)
  4. Trigg, at the time 12-3, 33yo (GSP: 24yo)
  5. Sherk, at the time 31-1-1, 32yo (GSP: 24yo)
  6. Penn, at the time 10-2-1, 27yo (GSP: 25 yo)
  7. Hughes I, at the time 41-4, 33yo (GSP: 25yo)
  8. Koscheck I, at the time 9-1, 29yo (GSP: 26yo)
  9. Hughes II, at the time 42-5, 34yo (GSP: 26yo)
  10. Serra, at the time 10-4, 34yo (GSP: 26yo)
  11. Fitch, at the time 19-2, 30yo (GSP: 27yo)
  12. Penn II, at the time 13-4-1, 30yo (GSP: 28yo)
  13. Alves, at the time 17-5, 25yo (GSP: 28yo)
  14. Hardy, at the time 23-6, 28yo (GSP: 29yo)
  15. Koscheck II, at the time 15-4, 33yo (GSP: 29yo)
  16. Shields, at the time 26-4-1, 32yo (GSP: 29yo)
  17. Condit, at the time 28-5, 28yo (GSP: 31yo)
  18. Nick Diaz, at the time 26-7, 29yo (GSP: 31yo)
  19. Johny Hendricks, at the time 15-1, 30yo (GSP: 32yo)
  20. Michael Bisping, at the time 30-7, 38yo (GSP: 37yo)
  • The guys he has won against were on average 29.85 years old.
  • When they've faced GSP, they had an average win-percentage of 85% - in comparison: the opponents Demetrious Johnson has won against had won on average 83% of their fights, Jon Jones' opponents' have won 81% of their fights, Jose Aldo's opponents have won 80% of their fights, Anderson Silva's opponents have won 79% of their fights and Emelianenko's opponents have on average won 72% of their fights when he beat them.

Another thing, which is important when looking at the level of opposition, is the number of wins and losses the beaten opponents of the above mentioned fighters had when they've beat them until the point where they've started losing repeatedly. Note: I have left draws out:
  • Mighty Mouse's UFC/WEC/One opponents: 312-64 in 20 wins. (30-3 record)
  • Jose Aldo's UFC/WEC opponents: 317-78 in 18 wins. (28-4 record)
  • Georges St-Pierre's UFC opponents: 392-70 in 20 wins. (26-2 record)
  • Anderson Silva's UFC opponents: 298-75 in 16 wins. (33-4 record)
  • Jon Jones' UFC opponents: 362-83 in 20 wins. (26-1 record)
  • Fedor Emelianenko's opponents: 362-139 in 31 wins. (31-1 record)

So if we base the strength of the opposition these guys have beaten on how high their win-percentage was when they've been beaten, the ranking looks like this:
  1. Georges St-Pierre (85%)
  2. Demetrious Johnson (83%)
  3. Jon Jones (81%)
  4. Jose Aldo (80%)
  5. Anderson Silva (79%)
  6. Fedor Emelianenko (72%)
Ranking the opponents of each fighter by their average experience:
  1. Anderson Silva: 23 (23.3)
  2. Georges St-Pierre: 23 (23.1)
  3. Jon Jones: 22 (22.3)
  4. Jose Aldo: 22 (21.9)
  5. Demetrious Johnson: 19 (18.8)
  6. Fedor Emelianenko: 16 (16.2)
But at what point in their career did those fighters losses happen? At which age and at what level of experience? And against who?

Demetrious Johnson
1st loss: UD, 23 yo, 10 pro fights exp, B. Pickett's record then: 18-4, now: 25-14
2nd loss: UD, 25 yo, 15 pro fights exp, D. Cruz' record then: 18-1, now: 22-2
3rd loss: SD, 31 yo, 29 pro fights exp, H. Cejudo's record then: 12-2, now: 15-2

Jose Aldo
1st loss: Sub, 19 yo, 7 pro fights exp, L. Azevedo's record then: 6-2, now: 17-9
2nd loss: KO, 29 yo, 26 pro fights exp, C. McGregor's record then: 18-2, now: 22-4
3rd loss: TKO, 30 yo, 28 pro fights exp, M. Holloway's record then: 17-3, now: 21-5
4th loss: TKO, 31 yo, 29 pro fights exp, M. Holloway's record then: 18-3, now: 21-5

Georges St-Pierre
1st loss: Sub, 23 yo, 7 pro fights exp, M. Hughes' record then: 36-4, now: 45-9
2nd loss: TKO, 25 yo, 14 pro fights exp, M. Serra's record then: 9-4, now: 11-7

Anderson Silva
1st loss: UD, 25 yo, 2 pro fights exp, L. Azeredo's record then: 2-1, now: 15-10
2nd loss: Sub, 28 yo, 12 pro fights exp, D. Takase's record then: 4-7, now: 12-15
3rd loss: Sub, 29 yo, 16 pro fights exp, R. Chonan's record then: 7-4, now: 22-13
4th loss: DQ, 30 yo, 19 pro fights exp, Y. Okami's record then: 13-2, now: 36-14

Jon Jones
1st loss: DQ, 22 yo, 9 pro fights exp, M. Hamill's record then: 7-2, now: 13-8

Fedor Emelianenko
1st loss: TKO, 24 yo, 4 pro fights exp, T. Kosaka's record then: 19-10, now: 27-20

So far so good, but what possible taints the record of those fighters?
  • Demetrious Johnson: n/a
  • Jose Aldo: maybe that urine test? idk.
  • Georges St-Pierre: allegedly had is cornerman rub vaseline on his back (https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/2/2/744379/more-on-the-georges-st-pie)
  • Anderson Silva: has tested positive for banned substances multiple times
  • Jon Jones: has tested positive for banned substances multiple times
  • Fedor Emelianenko: n/a

Conclusion: you don't have to like Georges St-Pierre (or his fans) but his resume couldn't be further from overrated.
Side note for the Fedor fans: the fact that he's beaten lots of sub-par opponents between the all-time greats he has beaten does of course "taint" his record in the terms of the very statistics i've listed here, so i just want to say that he's in my top three best/greatest fighters of all time, consisting of him, St-Pierre and Mighty Mouse.

Except you claim not have issues processing information yet you are making huge assumptions throughout this short post and still refusing to accept that the event was moved only because they wanted time for a hearing after which they licensed him, just like California did.
So where am I failing to process. Information here? So the UFC 232 event wasn’t moved on 6 days notice because Jon can’t be a good boy and have normal test results like most everyone else?

Last edited:

So because you have shitty genetics you want to accuse anyone that possibly has good genetics?
Some people respond really well to just about any physical stimulus. Some people have to work twice as hard to achieve half of that.

Bo Jackson is probably the best example of someone who rarely lifted but was just genetically gifted.

We can do this with every fucking fighter that has ever fought.

Once you go back and look it is easy to pick holes in everybodys record.

We can do this with every fucking fighter that has ever fought.

Once you go back and look it is easy to pick holes in everybodys record.
This is true and so many here love the hindsight revisionist history.

Nope, I spelled GSP, the GOATiest GOAT that ever GOAT, correctly.

I think your Keyboard has some keys missing or mixed up, there's absolutely no G in Anderson Silva except for the fact that he's a G, of course. And there's no P either except for the Chael P. Sonnen he beat.

But yeah I agree, Anderson is definitely the GOAT.

I think your Keyboard has some keys missing or mixed up, there's absolutely no G in Anderson Silva except for the fact that he's a G, of course. And there's no P either except for the Chael P. Sonnen he beat.
There's also a P in Jon Picogram Jones.

@bjpenngoat
"The most overrated career" sure bud.
Heights4.jpg

Fought in the weightclass with arguably the second largest talentpool ever and his UFC-wins looked like this:
  1. Pariyan, at the time 10-2 , 21yo (GSP: 22yo)
  2. Hieron, at the time 4-0, 27yo (GSP: 23yo)
  3. Miller, at the time 11-3, 24yo (GSP: 24yo)
  4. Trigg, at the time 12-3, 33yo (GSP: 24yo)
  5. Sherk, at the time 31-1-1, 32yo (GSP: 24yo)
  6. Penn, at the time 10-2-1, 27yo (GSP: 25 yo)
  7. Hughes I, at the time 41-4, 33yo (GSP: 25yo)
  8. Koscheck I, at the time 9-1, 29yo (GSP: 26yo)
  9. Hughes II, at the time 42-5, 34yo (GSP: 26yo)
  10. Serra, at the time 10-4, 34yo (GSP: 26yo)
  11. Fitch, at the time 19-2, 30yo (GSP: 27yo)
  12. Penn II, at the time 13-4-1, 30yo (GSP: 28yo)
  13. Alves, at the time 17-5, 25yo (GSP: 28yo)
  14. Hardy, at the time 23-6, 28yo (GSP: 29yo)
  15. Koscheck II, at the time 15-4, 33yo (GSP: 29yo)
  16. Shields, at the time 26-4-1, 32yo (GSP: 29yo)
  17. Condit, at the time 28-5, 28yo (GSP: 31yo)
  18. Nick Diaz, at the time 26-7, 29yo (GSP: 31yo)
  19. Johny Hendricks, at the time 15-1, 30yo (GSP: 32yo)
  20. Michael Bisping, at the time 30-7, 38yo (GSP: 37yo)
  • The guys he has won against were on average 29.85 years old.
  • When they've faced GSP, they had an average win-percentage of 85% - in comparison: the opponents Demetrious Johnson has won against had won on average 83% of their fights, Jon Jones' opponents' have won 81% of their fights, Jose Aldo's opponents have won 80% of their fights, Anderson Silva's opponents have won 79% of their fights and Emelianenko's opponents have on average won 72% of their fights when he beat them.
Another thing, which is important when looking at the level of opposition, is the number of wins and losses the beaten opponents of the above mentioned fighters had when they've beat them until the point where they've started losing repeatedly. Note: I have left draws out:
  • Mighty Mouse's UFC/WEC/One opponents: 312-64 in 20 wins. (30-3 record)
  • Jose Aldo's UFC/WEC opponents: 317-78 in 18 wins. (28-4 record)
  • Georges St-Pierre's UFC opponents: 392-70 in 20 wins. (26-2 record)
  • Anderson Silva's UFC opponents: 298-75 in 16 wins. (33-4 record)
  • Jon Jones' UFC opponents: 362-83 in 20 wins. (26-1 record)
  • Fedor Emelianenko's opponents: 362-139 in 31 wins. (31-1 record)

So if we base the strength of the opposition these guys have beaten on how high their win-percentage was when they've been beaten, the ranking looks like this:
  1. Georges St-Pierre (85%)
  2. Demetrious Johnson (83%)
  3. Jon Jones (81%)
  4. Jose Aldo (80%)
  5. Anderson Silva (79%)
  6. Fedor Emelianenko (72%)
Ranking the opponents of each fighter by their average experience:
  1. Anderson Silva: 23 (23.3)
  2. Georges St-Pierre: 23 (23.1)
  3. Jon Jones: 22 (22.3)
  4. Jose Aldo: 22 (21.9)
  5. Demetrious Johnson: 19 (18.8)
  6. Fedor Emelianenko: 16 (16.2)
But at what point in their career did those fighters losses happen? At which age and at what level of experience? And against who?

Demetrious Johnson
1st loss: UD, 23 yo, 10 pro fights exp, B. Pickett's record then: 18-4, now: 25-14
2nd loss: UD, 25 yo, 15 pro fights exp, D. Cruz' record then: 18-1, now: 22-2
3rd loss: SD, 31 yo, 29 pro fights exp, H. Cejudo's record then: 12-2, now: 15-2

Jose Aldo
1st loss: Sub, 19 yo, 7 pro fights exp, L. Azevedo's record then: 6-2, now: 17-9
2nd loss: KO, 29 yo, 26 pro fights exp, C. McGregor's record then: 18-2, now: 22-4
3rd loss: TKO, 30 yo, 28 pro fights exp, M. Holloway's record then: 17-3, now: 21-5
4th loss: TKO, 31 yo, 29 pro fights exp, M. Holloway's record then: 18-3, now: 21-5

Georges St-Pierre
1st loss: Sub, 23 yo, 7 pro fights exp, M. Hughes' record then: 36-4, now: 45-9
2nd loss: TKO, 25 yo, 14 pro fights exp, M. Serra's record then: 9-4, now: 11-7

Anderson Silva
1st loss: UD, 25 yo, 2 pro fights exp, L. Azeredo's record then: 2-1, now: 15-10
2nd loss: Sub, 28 yo, 12 pro fights exp, D. Takase's record then: 4-7, now: 12-15
3rd loss: Sub, 29 yo, 16 pro fights exp, R. Chonan's record then: 7-4, now: 22-13
4th loss: DQ, 30 yo, 19 pro fights exp, Y. Okami's record then: 13-2, now: 36-14

Jon Jones
1st loss: DQ, 22 yo, 9 pro fights exp, M. Hamill's record then: 7-2, now: 13-8

Fedor Emelianenko
1st loss: TKO, 24 yo, 4 pro fights exp, T. Kosaka's record then: 19-10, now: 27-20

So far so good, but what possible taints the record of those fighters?
  • Demetrious Johnson: n/a
  • Jose Aldo: maybe that urine test? idk.
  • Georges St-Pierre: allegedly had is cornerman rub vaseline on his back (https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/2/2/744379/more-on-the-georges-st-pie)
  • Anderson Silva: has tested positive for banned substances multiple times
  • Jon Jones: has tested positive for banned substances multiple times
  • Fedor Emelianenko: n/a

Conclusion: you don't have to like Georges St-Pierre (or his fans) but his resume couldn't be further from overrated.
Side note for the Fedor fans: the fact that he's beaten lots of sub-par opponents between the all-time greats he has beaten does of course "taint" his record in the terms of the very statistics i've listed here, so i just want to say that he's in my top three best/greatest fighters of all time, consisting of him, St-Pierre and Mighty Mouse.
You always have the most informative and precise posts.
Too bad most can’t read more than 3 sentences at a time without something shiny distracting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obrad
Back