11 years past his prime, Fedor at 43 is still the most popular fighter around

No, you guys just are the most stubborn fan base in MMA and refuse to let it go

while Lennox only had 2 losses, both avenged, in the toughest HW era in boxing history and he is never in the GOAT HW discussion.
Even when past his prime, unprepared and facing Vitali on short notice, the next dominant champ, he still won. And ppl hate him for winning via cuts while giving other a pass for losing in those spots bc they were out of their prime.
That's why I hate GOAT discussions.
I think both him and Vitali should be on the GOAT list. That said, Lennox win over Vitali should not count. I remember watching the fight back then and thinking Vitali was on his way to win it. Also, I think Lennox was still in his prime when this fight happened. I even wonder if Lennox retired earlier just to keep a stellar record.

But was he ever actually the "most popular"? I don't think so. I guess it depends on what you mean by "popular" - I mean, there's no debate that i.e. Conor is wayyyy more recognized by the general public than Fedor ever was.
Sherdog popular, whatever that's worth.

Within this community he is popular because of nut huggers but he is relatively unknown in terms of mainstream culture. He couldn't sell much PPVs during his time either.

There are 11 threads about Fedor on the front page.
Just like back in the time when he destroyed the UFC champ Tim Sylvia.
P4P and ALL TIME GOAT MMA fighter!

fedor-emelianenko-bellator-1981.jpg
He isn't close to the most popular. He may be the most over hyped fighter though

Not to diminish his skills, but I doubt fedor would even be in the top ten for most popular fighter.

Fedor's better than anyone ever, did you see how he handled Rampage a few months ago? That was the best Page has EVER LOOKED! Fedor's unstoppable, expect him to beat another 45+ year old EX UFC fighter and a couple of fighters with like 5-10 total fights in 2020.

GOAT
GOAT
GOAT!

I heard Strikeforce is trying to get Dan The Beat Sevren out of retirement to fight Fedor. That would be yet another top quality win over a former UFC champ to add to his stellar resume. Nobody in the history of MMA has beaten more EX UFC fighters than Fedor, nobody!

Fedor's better than anyone ever, did you see how he handled Rampage a few months ago? That was the best Page has EVER LOOKED! Fedor's unstoppable, expect him to beat another 45+ year old EX UFC fighter and a couple of fighters with like 5-10 total fights in 2020.

GOAT
GOAT
GOAT!

I heard Strikeforce is trying to get Dan The Beat Sevren out of retirement to fight Fedor. That would be yet another top quality win over a former UFC champ to add to his stellar resume. Nobody in the history of MMA has beaten more EX UFC fighters than Fedor, nobody!
Not just any ufc fighter, it has to be champion. Fedor is 10:0 against ufc champs. Barnett, ANderson, Vitor...

Fedor never fought in the UFC, yet you posted this in the UFC forum. Move this shit mods.

Fedor never fought in the UFC, yet you posted this in the UFC forum. Move this shit mods.

UFC bought Pride. Fedor was Pride's #1 fighter. Learn your history conor noob.

Back