International Coronavirus Breaking News, v13: Over 21,000 Healthcare Workers From Around The U.S Heading To N.Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
The simplest answer is those hard-hit countries have ran out of actual respirators MONTHS ago. You KNOW this.

Beggars can't be choosers. If the 10-cent paper masks not certified by anyone is all that's left, then to them it's still better than nothing.

They also take herbal remedies to protect them from the coronavirus by the millions too, but I wouldn't recommend you that either.

Well there is a bit of a disconnect on this issue buddy. Half the planet is wearing masks by the millions while they look at the U.S. with nobody wearing a mask and probably are incredulous just seeing it. As evidence of their incredulity, I believe it was singapore that said Europeans, even if handed a mask, will not wear it and should be kicked out of the country. That is how serious they are, meanwhile, we are told fuck them masks, knowwhatI'msayin.

Consider temporary suspension of all commercial air and rail travel.

Ensure the safety and resources needed for your health care workforce. Health care and critical infrastructure workers should have the highest priority for personal protective equipment.

Make rapid expansion of COVID-19 testing a top priority. Open drive-through testing stations and offer at-home care.

Make prescription drug supply and other necessities in your community a priority.

Provide immediate training for all medical providers to join the effort wherever they can be most useful.

Honor cross-state medical licensing for all health care providers until the pandemic is over.

Prepare large spaces (stadiums, hotels) to become quarantine residences, as needed.

Coordinate with the National Guard to provide surge intensive-care-unit capacity for communities in need.

Create fever clinics for triage.

Reevaluate any regulations that impede the above (or below).

Daaaaaamn @ShinkanPo , I guess the entire Philippines Senate is in self-quarantine soon since this dude is asymptomatic all this time?

Manila Mayor is in Quaratine

Duterte is now insisting that town officials cooperate with the National government distributing food to residents in self quarantine, its a good move every body should stay home but I dont think we have the man power in the government to implement the food distribution.

Schools have now been closed in my area and I noticed several EMS supervisor SUV patrolling through neighborhoods. I even saw a few zipping around yesterday full lights and sirens and then this morning I saw an ambulance hauling ass with a supervisor SUV right behind it. We have two deaths in the county I live in. Both were elderly people, one got infected while traveling and came back and died and the other did not travel and caught it here in Lee county, FL. One was 70 and the other was 77 I believe.

From Feb. 28, and nothing seems to have changed. Honest to God, this is a complete clusterfuck. Just put someone with the right competency in charge right-fucking-now. Call it the greatest decision of all time; I'll go with that, no face-saving necessary.

"Asked by a reporter whether he's in charge of the task force or Azar is, Pence responded, 'Uh, the president has asked me to lead our administration's effort in response to the coronavirus.'"

Asked again if he's leading the task force, Pence responded, 'I'm leading the task force, will continue to rely on the secretary's role as chairman of the task force, and the leader of Health and Human Services. But we've known each other for many years, and worked together very closely over the years, and the president has every confidence in the secretary, as I do. But the president wanted to make it clear to the American people that we're going to bring a whole of government approach to this.'"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/whos-i...inistrations-coronavirus-response-2020-02-27/

Vaccine has been sent out for first waves of trials...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/25/business/moderna-coronavirus-vaccine/index.html
God help me, I'm linking fking CNN...

Yet another company that has a vaccine in the works.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/california-lab-says-discovered-coronavirus-123356925.html

*yawn*

This is going to turn into a "race to be the first" with an overpriced vaccine to rescue us from a mildly more aggressive flu strain. Those who stocked up on toilet paper are still concerned.

More news at 11.

FB-IMG-1584359704034.jpg

FB-IMG-1584359758512.jpg

So my friend just told me that she was at Aldi to grab some groceries, and an elderly gentleman with a walking cane on the way out offered her his empty shopping cart.

He's too old to drive and finally got a ride to go get some bread and eggs, but the store was already picked clean by the time he got there. :(

My friend remember she had a loaf of bread that she got from Costco, and gave it to him instead. He offered to pay, but she refused to take his money :)

I would wholeheartedly support this initiative, to give the seniors a chance.

Yea I understand that. What I DON"T understand is how everyone in Singapore, China, South Korea, etc. is wearing masks by the millions while my doctors are on television telling me they are full of shit and don't bother wearing one unless you are sick.
Part of it is probably that it's second nature to them. If you've been to japan or China etc you know many people wear masks on a normal day-to-day basis. In Japan, well people are just bacteriaphobes and cleanliness freaks there, in China, because there'a lot of people there, and horrendous pollution.

It's only natural in a situation like this, they step up the precautionary measures that are already ingrained, socially, culturally etc. Call it placebo if you want. If i was in China right now, i'd be wearing absolutely anything i could get my hands on, hazmat suit, gas mask, oxygen tank...the full monty.

But I've already proved it wrong. If everyone wears one, then they do what they were designed to do.

no, you haven't. you haven't watched the video I posted.

please quit derailing the thread, trying to make this about your own agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back