International Coronavirus Breaking News, v13: Over 21,000 Healthcare Workers From Around The U.S Heading To N.Y

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, you haven't. you haven't watched the video I posted.

please quit derailing the thread, trying to make this about your own agenda.

Which agenda would that be? You made a stupid post so I corrected it. Go and tell all the doctors who say wearing one does make a difference. lol

Line of trucks outside of P&G waiting to load up toilet paper

image0.png

Which agenda would that be? You made a stupid post so I corrected it. Go and tell all the doctors who say wearing one does make a difference. lol

here dumb dumb. watch the video. time stamped.

you do realize that surgical masks don't perfectly seal the mouth & nose area right? with that in mind, imagine if you're in a crowded subway. someone who is sick, unknowingly can cough while wearing a mask & their breath can "exhaust" through the sides - infecting people in range, or on to things people touch. hence germs pass on.

go troll elsewhere man.

I wonder how many people are sending their kids to Grandma to watch while school is closed? Watch the school closures backfire and tons of old people get sick now.

I think a lot of parents are freaking out because they have rarely spent any time with their kids. The daycares and schools raised the kids and now the parents don't know what to do with them when they are home for an extended period.

I trialled some old face towel I haven't used in years, last night. Took a nice solid shit, ran the towel under warm water, wrung it, wiped. Then I cleaned the towel with some hot water and soap. Worked perfectly.

If a Mod split this bizarre debate over the extremely elementary knowledge about the effectiveness of cheap paper masks and certified respirators that have already been settled 9 threads ago, will you guys remain over there so the rest of us can focus on the Breaking News?

here dumb dumb. watch the video. time stamped.

you do realize that surgical masks don't perfectly seal the mouth & nose area right? with that in mind, imagine if you're in a crowded subway. someone who is sick, unknowingly can cough while wearing a mask & their breath can "exhaust" through the sides - infecting people in range, or on to things people touch. hence germs pass on.

go troll elsewhere man.

No one mentioned anything about "perfection". That's you throwing that in there, as a get out clause... 'b... b... but... it's not PERFECT!!11!'. Yeah dimwit, we know. But it DOES make a difference. Surgical masks were designed to prevent moisture/breathing/saliva from exiting, but if everyone wears one, then they'll do what they were designed for.

Your sole argument is literally 'but it's not perfect'. You really are a joke. Go away.

The simplest answer is those hard-hit countries have ran out of actual respirators MONTHS ago. You KNOW this.

Beggars can't be choosers. If the no-name 10-cent paper masks not certified by any science labs is all that's left, then to them it's still better than nothing, if only for the piece of mind. Hell, those are supposed to be one time use, but I know at the height of the shortage back in Feb, people were desperate enough to actually washes them and reuse until they falls apart.

It doesn't really work, ofcourse, and that's why so many Chinese medical workers in Wuhan got sick and died but none of the CCP members did. They got first dibs on the N95 respirators, and left the 10-cent paper masks for everyone else, as seen here at the Wuhan hospital:

600_1.jpg

On a related note, desperate people in Asia are also taking herbal remedies by the millions to protect themselves from the coronavirus as well, but your doctor will tell you they're full of shit too. Do you understand why that is?

Because your doctor is right, and it is.

My brother in-law is an oriental medicine doctor. To be fair, I find oriental medicine can work wonders on muscle pain through acupuncture and cupping and there are some things that can work for indigestion, but it is not very good at stopping illness. His wife and kids are constantly sick with colds and the flu and when I am sick he always gives me a bunch of herbal shit which I swear just prolongs the illness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vaccine has been sent out for first waves of trials...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/25/business/moderna-coronavirus-vaccine/index.html
God help me, I'm linking fking CNN...

Yet another company that has a vaccine in the works.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/california-lab-says-discovered-coronavirus-123356925.html

*yawn*

This is going to turn into a "race to be the first" with an overpriced vaccine to rescue us from a mildly more aggressive flu strain. Those who stocked up on toilet paper are still concerned.

More news at 11.
the flu has a death rate of around 0.2%, the corona virus is at almost 4%, and people who suffer from heart and/or respiratory insufficiency, diabetes and/or cancer stand a 50% chance of dying.
so, you dont have parents or are they in their 40s and healthy?

I trialled some old face towel I haven't used in years, last night. Took a nice solid shit, ran the towel under warm water, wrung it, wiped. Then I cleaned the towel with some hot water and soap. Worked perfectly.
Hand, water and soap works too, trust me

Part of it is probably that it's second nature to them. If you've been to japan or China etc you know many people wear masks on a normal day-to-day basis. In Japan, well people are just bacteriaphobes and cleanliness freaks there, in China, because there'a lot of people there, and horrendous pollution.

It's only natural in a situation like this, they step up the precautionary measures that are already ingrained, socially, culturally etc. Call it placebo if you want. If i was in China right now, i'd be wearing absolutely anything i could get my hands on, hazmat suit, gas mask, oxygen tank...the full monty.

Of course you would, but in America I've seen multiple places telling people don't buy masks. Its the craziest shit I've ever seen. A pandemic is happening and my government is saying don't worry about those masks, you don't need one.

No one mentioned anything about "perfection". That's you throwing that in there, .

I know English is your second language, but I was going off by what you've said.

look how mad you are. you're not a doctor. you're just some angry contrarian - you're the one who quoted me. like I said, quit derailing the thread.
zBuEpl7.png

It must be a very confusing time for Britons right now.

For all intends and purposes, their borders should have been locked down long ago, but it's wide open because they wants to get infected for this bastardized vaccine-less version of "herd immunity", but that means there's no need to hoard supplies because there's no shutdowns anywhere, so why not just keep calm and carry on with their lives like usual, with a pinch of virus sprinkling in?

Last edited:
Of course you would, but in America I've seen multiple places telling people don't buy masks. Its the craziest shit I've ever seen. A pandemic is happening and my government is saying don't worry about those masks, you don't need one.
Maybe they are trying to prevent hoarding/panicking - with a view to eventually be able to distribute masks if need be...shit, i don't know, but yeah, that does seem counterintuitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back